So we can all agree this actually takes place 1-2 years after the original series and not 10, right?

So we can all agree this actually takes place 1-2 years after the original series and not 10, right?

I don't see how you could look at Lorelai's gross collagen-infused face and honestly think that. Not to mention all of the references they made to current trends

I htought so too, but more like 6 years

reminder that sluts always crawl back to the good beta always here for them

did she actually say that to him? jesus fucking christ, she's such a whore

They make clear references to Spring, Summer and Fall taking place in 2016. The show always took place in the year it was airing. So Winter starts 8 1/2 years after the show ends.

Am I the only one who hopes this is it and they don't make anymore? I feel like they've told the story they wanted to tell, ending it with The Final Four Words. Don't really feel the need to see much else

Paris deserves more time

I feel like they didn't tell much of anything. Now that the creator doesn't have the studio breathing down her neck and doesn't have to write an X amount of filler episodes a season, you'd think that the characters would move forward or something. Instead it was mostly just rehashing the same old once again. I think they clearly want to stretch this thing along as far as they can and milk it dry, since aside from Melissa McCarthy none of them have any sort of careers to speak of.

Zack has aged 30 years,

Doyle has aged no years

There's no rhyme or reason to it

>when your show's pet fatty goes on to have a better career than you do

Dean and Jess are both so much hotter in their 30s.

even worse, she behaves IRl like she behaves in the show

Uh, no. Rory says she's 30 or 32.

that's ~10 years

I hope it's the end of Gilmore Girls but NOT the end of Amy Sherman-Palladino bantzkino.

She's like Aaron Sorkin without the ego: absolutely perfect.

did you watch bunheads? Top tier bantz once it finds its footing a few eps in

of courshe. I'm a huge musicals/Sutton Foster nerd too so the cancellation hit me double hard.

As you can imagine I got a HUGE kick out of Summer.

Amy Sherman-Palladino is based. I'll watch literally anything she does.

>bitch gets knocked up by someone exactly like her father so the exact same shit can happen again

What the fuck is wrong with single mothers?

You didnt think that scene in Summer went on too long? I'm all for quirky leeway but I thought it overstayed its welcome in the gilmore girls context. Almost seemed like a backdoor pilot for some sutton foster project
FULL CIRCLE user

>women
>bantz

Full dumb slut more like it

It does seem pretty stupid that she's been banging Logan for a while and hasn't gotten some kind of long term contraception... unless she's pregnant with the baby of THE WOOKIE?

Nah, that would've been too based. The reveal was way too late for it to be the wookie, she would've been several months pregnant. Unless she had been using him as a side dick.

I think both Spring and Summer went on too long. It still feels written for commercial breaks, as if they just wrote two 40 minute episodes and stuck them together for each season.

But I kept thinking "this is the only Gilmore Girls we have left. cherish it." so I still couldn't get enough.

>seemed like a backdoor pilot for some sutton foster project
I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THIS.

the show has over 150 hours of proof user

The thought of pregnant Rory stirred something in me.

>"this is the only gilmore girls we have left"
That idea was really key for me. It made me feel some serious feels during the final Rory/Logan scene, which was one of the most poignant for me besides Richard's death, RIP based sophisticate grandpa.
I do think with all this hubbub around the premiere that a second season is not impossible... but would we want it

>>did you watch bunheads?
I have not. is it like GG?

Sutton Foster's character is basically a Lorelai palette swap, but in the place of Rory we get a 4 girl group of ballerinas. Less mother-daughter, more coming of age.
It recaptures the small-town feel of Star's Hollow and has based Kelly Bishop as a more loosey-goosey Emily. Kinda meanders at the beginning but by the end you'll be sad it got cancelled

I don't want to tie Amy down to that world forever though. Bunheads had amazing potential and did you hear of that pilot she was trying to develop before she did it? It was set in the old West -- sort of Little Women meets Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman with that period setting.

That could've been phenomenal.

>dat haircut
>dat terrorizing the children
>dat empty briefcase showing she's still the same insecure Paris she always was
Probably the parts that felt the most like actually visiting the Gilmore Girls characters 8 years later
>old west bantz
How would she even do that? Not that I'm doubting, that sounds amazing

I remember that, this was like 6-7 years ago. It was going to be "Gilmore Girls in a Midwestern farming town." I believe it was called The Damn Thorpes, sounded comfy as fuck

>bunheads
Revival when?

when my heart stops breaking.

great cameo in GG though

Best girl will never pull another girl's ponytail again

am I the only one who fapped furiously to this show?

>Fapping to these precious little girls as you watch them blossom into young women
Full degenerate, user.
Julia Goldani Telles will never berate you after her cameo in the GG revival and then dance on your dick

Wasnt the actor who played Zack like 30ish when he began in GG anyway?

I think it went on too long only to highlight how awful it actually was. Lorelai's cringing said so much.

That was a great scene

They say that Rory is 31 or 32 several times. It's a 10 year jump.

based Mel

So why are people so shocked by Rory's "sudden" personality change? Like people expected her to, in her thirties, act like the doe-eyed girl of her teens?

Also, why didnt Rory write a fictionalised account of Star's Hollow, ala "Winesbourg, Ohio"?

Probably gonna watch it again though desu

Probably not but I didn't at all.

I just wanted to see more of their lives.

Ginny pretty much went full slut tier and Sasha still had huge problems with her family.

I wanted to take advantage of Boo but have a change of heartstill gonna beat up that pussy eventually

I wasn't a proper fan, but I did like the show a good bit, and what appealed to me about wasn't the overarching story (or stories), although that probably has to do with the characters not knowing what they wanted or how to get it and the state of things back and forth on things for inscrutable reasons. What appealed to me were the style and presentation, the fact the world felt so lived-in, and the small stories, contained to an episode or an arc. I think it's exactly the kind of show that can go on indefinitely. The strength lasts as long as the writers can find new material.

Easily had some of the best moments of the show, despite Sasha clearly being Amy's favorite
I watched it with my girlfriend who loves musicals, and she was flabbergasted that they let it go on so long. That 6 minutes could have been reallocated to giving Lane some more depth, or back to Paris, or seriously anywhere else
>Ginny going all over the place
I really liked watching her realize she's a sexual tyrannosaur
>Liked the little stories
>the world is so lived-in
You hit the nail on the head, user. I think we could just have vignettes sans Rory/Lorelai and it would still be great

I would watch the fuck out of Gilmore Girls crossed with Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman, that would be the comfy thing ever.

Boo is pure user.

Though I still never really got why they pair her with that manlet Carl though. Should have went with some weird subtext thing with Sasha.

>I just wanted to see more of their lives.
that too

But more scenes of them in leotards/tights, bending and stretching, that wouldn't hurt either. I want Sasha to do the splits on my cock

What more depth does Lane need?

Anything at all? Is she just 100% OK with her life as Zack's drummer and as a mom? Does she have any plans for affording to send the kids to college? How is her mom's health? Lane just used to have more screen time, didn't like her getting shoehorned in

agreed

Everyone was shoehorned in though. The only thing I got from Lane's inclusion was that parenting twins was a handful.

I'm fairly sure Mrs Kim is immortal at this point.

>everyone shoehorned in
I'd disagree, I thought Michel fit in pretty naturally, I thought Kirk seemed to fit, and although Paris was arguably shoehorned I thought they knew exactly what they wanted to do with her, and her character was well treated, unlike Lane.
Mrs Kim feeds on the tears of other asian people to maintain her immortality

>She's like Aaron Sorkin without the ego: absolutely perfect.
Hit the nail on the head. She just tries to write fun characters and stories instead of using movies/shows as a soapbox the way Sorkin does

Easily one of the best most talented writers in the business

>feeds on the tears of other people

Fixed that for you. The episode explaining her own relationship with her mother was nice, Mrs Kim gets real development, on par with her daughter.

Talking of shoehorning, McCarthey can't play Sookie anymore. Completely lost it.

>Paris will never angrily butt-molest Claudia the Therapist for your viewing pleasure

she saw him for like 2 minutes and he immediately dropped spaghetti and rory was trying to leave him feeling good because she knew she'd probably never see him again

there's nothing that makes me feel better about myself than when a woman calls me "safe"

Based Luke needs his own spin off

>Luke starts the franchise after all and it's him dealing with expanding the business while Emily pops in once in a while and trolls him
Would definitely watch

I watched the first episode of gilmore girls and thought it was terrible schlock and according to this it doesn't get any better. should I keep going?

>Paris not a lesbian

if you didn't like the first episode you probably won't like the whole thing. It's that sort of tone throughout and there's like 22 episodes a season, each 40 minutes long. You have to be *really* invested in it.

then again if you weren't invested in the pilot you probably have no soul so you've got bigger problems.

Sasha should've gone full goth.

Mel best grill.

It gets better in season 2, but if you didn't like the pilot that's a bad sign. Better quit or maybe get better taste