“A refurbished Star Wars is on somewhere or everywhere. I have no intention of revisiting any galaxy...

“A refurbished Star Wars is on somewhere or everywhere. I have no intention of revisiting any galaxy. I shrivel inside each time it is mentioned. Twenty years ago, when the film was first shown, it had a freshness, also a sense of moral good and fun. Then I began to be uneasy at the influence it might be having. The first bad penny dropped in San Francisco when a sweet-faced boy of twelve told me proudly that he had seen Star Wars over a hundred times. His elegant mother nodded with approval. Looking into the boy's eyes I thought I detected little star-shells of madness beginning to form and I guessed that one day they would explode.

'I would love you to do something for me,' I said.

'Anything! Anything!' the boy said rapturously.

'You won't like what I'm going to ask you to do,' I said.

'Anything, sir, anything!'

'Well,' I said, 'do you think you could promise never to see Star Wars again?'

He burst into tears. His mother drew herself up to an immense height. 'What a dreadful thing to say to a child!' she barked, and dragged the poor kid away. Maybe she was right but I just hope the lad, now in his thirties, is not living in a fantasy world of secondhand, childish banalities.”

And he was a good friend

I dress up in funny clothes and read a script for a living. Everyone else needs to grow up and take life seriously.

hah, nice

He was just butthurt that star wars ended up being what he was remembered for, and he came from the age where classically trained actors were all pretentious twats who thought genre pictures were beneath them

To contrast, look at Patrick Stewart, who fucking loved playing Captain Picard and Charles Xavier and even said it had the added bonus of getting the fans of those franchises into Shakespeare.

Yes Patrick Stewart, renowned homosexual and probable nonce, let's look to him for guidance

>patrick stewart
>homosexual

is this a meme?

>whaaaaaaaa they liked the movie i was in
What an old fart. He shouldn't have taken the role if he was gonna hate it so much.

He does do his best to push it personally.

That was probably the best advice that boy ever got. People get too obsessed over TV and movies and before they know it they're sitting on some Japanese forum asking what others would do if they walk into a room with some underage girls. It's not healthy.

Patrick Stewart has probably slayed more puss than you and I combined, friend

delete this

0+0 is still zero

>I just hope the lad, now in his thirties, is not living in a fantasy world of secondhand, childish banalities
He predicted the Future pretty well

That doesn't even make sense, what did he predict? People in the 70s and 80s and for millenia beforehand were capable of forming weird obsessions with just about anything same as today, he just didn't want that kid to wind up like them.

Yeah, too bad he's a cuck.

I think he is being a bit too melodramatic there. So what if he loves Star Wars? That doesn't mean it should hinder his future in any way just because there are a minority of people that actually have mental illnesses which compel them to obsess unhealthily over something.

Getting him to stop fantasising over one thing would mean nothing if he is likely to find something else to fill the spot.

I bet it worked as well. Imagine the next time he sat down to watch star wars when he saw Obi Wan. His fat little heart probably sank.

To be honest I used to be a Star Wars fan but I had known for a while about how Alec Guiness hated it so much, and I didn't feel very confortable watching anything with an old Obi Wan with his likeness (either in the movies or in videogames).

>I just hope the lad, now in his thirties, is not living in a fantasy world of secondhand, childish banalities.
-Alec Guinness, actor

He said more, not the same amount you daft cunt

I agree with him. It's sad that people remember Guinness for this and not things like Kind Hearts and Coronets.

They may be better films overall but SW completely revolutionized cinema, expecially in the field of special effects. He should consider himself proud to be part of the cast of the original 1977 film if he loves his art so much.
Now, he's right about being obsessed with a franchise. However he's clearly buttlasted that Obi-Wan overshadowed his other roles that he may have considered more "important" on a personal level.