Best music kino coming through

>tfw patrician music will never be this fun again
We truly didn't deserve the Beatles.

THE FACT

Oasis are the capeshit of bands.

That's not Nickelback

Oasis are the British nickleback

>not Coldplay

Normies don't hate capeshit, but plenty of them hate Nickelback. They're like the Adam Sandler of music.

>shitty one hit wonders get movie made about them
Why

>tfw no Pink Floyd kino
>tfw we will never witness the bants between Roger and Dave while Rick plays awkward chords on his piano and Nick hides behind the drums, pretending to be not there

>Three of the fastest selling albums in history
>Every single debuts at number 1 for 10+ years
>One hit wonders

>dat unibrow

I imagine Oasis are kino if you've never heard the Beatles.

I wish. I saw Gilmour in April and cried like a bitch. Bought my tickets for next July to see Waters. Very excited.

I totally regret not getting a ticket for Gilmour's gig in pompeii. FML

I'm seriously jelly user, enjoy Roger's show.

HIV > AIDS > Your shitty subjective opinions

All their songs sound the same though

STFU Amerifats

They were relevant for about 2 years, can't believe they're still milking it to this day.

This is KINO

Thanks brotha. See Gilmour if you ever have another chance. It was perfect.

I will, I just hope he doesn't die soon ;_;

this

paid to see it in theater.
it was so-so, would have rather seen it on netflix

look up the highlights of noel gallagher commenting on their own music videos on youtube, it's a lot more entertaining than that documentary

>ywn have that suit

I could listen to Noel give commentary on anything honestly

Uk doesn't count. They're one hit wonders in america

>the whole sequence with Liam drunkenly running around on a ferry chased by drunken football fans and security

my sides were in orbit, everything about the editing in that scene was perfect

The production of this huge clusterfuck would be enough to make a good documentary

How's high school?

kek me too, but goddamn that video had me in stitches, I'd love to hear him give commentary on a city game once

>Live Forever, Wonderwall, Champagne Superonova, Don't Look Back in Anger, D'You Know What I Mean, and Don't Go Away, all went Top 40 in the US.
>All the aforementioned songs as well as "Supersonic", "Morning Glory", "All Around The World", "Acquiesce", "Rock n Roll Star" and "Go Let it Out" charted mostly in the Top 40, if not Top 20 for Alternative/Modern Rock radio station airplay as well between 1994 and 2000 (as did later singles "Lyla" and "The Shock of the Lightning")
>Oasis were playing arenas at the height of their fame in the US and managed to play Madison Square Garden in 2005
>three Top 5 albums in America
>Definitely Maybe and Be Here Now went platinum, What's the Story went 4x Platinum, ~8 million total album sales in the US

Explain that

It's a shame that the production is so over the top because for the most part the songs are great but they sound like sticking your head inside a jet engine. Same thing with U2's Pop being unfinished, if they had more time to record it they wouldn't have felt like they went too far with experimental stuff and played it safe for every album afterwards. The single versions sound exponentially better than the album versions of every song that they got a chance to finish, and Wake Up Dead Man is one of the best album closers of all time imo

The documentary should have covered all the post-Knebworth madness, Be Here Now era, up until Tony McCarroll sues the band and Bonehead and Guigsy quit in 1999. That was the end of the classic Oasis era.

>tfw SOTSOG was going to be Noel's first solo album until Liam found out right before the recording

the demo of Roll It Over with Noel's vocals is incredible, he's holding notes for 20+ seconds:

youtube.com/watch?v=cXpYtX6iJOk

The first High Flying Birds album got fucked by Dave Sardy's production to the point where some of the songs are almost unlistenable. Stranded On The Wrong Beach sounds like a recording of someone's iPhone speakers playing the song and the fake mellotron on Stop The Clocks ruins the whole song. Chasing Yesterday sounds great, glad Noel produced it himself

did noel take voice lessions between bhn and sotsog? his '90s live vocals are awful on 'electric' songs, but after that i'd rather listen to him than liam any day of the week

I think the songs he was writing at the time were more personal to him and were suited to fit his voice, unlike the earlier songs being written specifically for Liam to sing. I know Liam definitely didn't take care of his voice, which is why it went downhill so fast (that and drugs+smoking). IMO Let's All Make Believe is the last time Liam's voice sounded 100%, everything afterwards was good at best.

Oasis sucks

>be a couple of hairy little northern manlets
>learn about 5 chords on a guitar
>make a billion pounds

Jammy cunts

Go to bed Scaruffi

Don't you say that. Don't meme magic him like lemmy or Bowie

best post in this thread

For all it's problems its still a great fucking album. Not as re-listenable or radio friendly as the first two, but I think it's still rad. Noel's rethink of D'Ya Know What I Mean is a massive improvement, and that song was already great. If he took a month to sort out the album while sober, it would be insane.

Liam Gallagher stood behind me in a Virgin megastore in Tolouse back in 04. I was going to see Oasis that night in concert. I didn't turn around to talk to him though because I was scared he would tell me to fuck off