Let's talk about this album

People that really know about this album, I want you to tell me everything you know about this masterpiece of rock, every reference, every lyric connection to anything, everything you know about it I wanna know it.

Overproduced alt right garbage. Literally "dude civil war" "im so punk and nihilistic fuck the system" made for man-children and college students without an identity

Can't stand this album. For sitting through the 14 minute song more than once I deserve a Purple Heart. Bad singing, bad delivery, lyrics that never get better than "to shiver and shake and make shit in your shorts," muh eclectic instruments that are there for no reason. One of those albums that actually kind of galls me to see other people enjoy.

>this album was considered "punk' in 2010

Man I'm sure glad punk has gotten good again since

Loved it in years ago, still like it today. I personally don’t care for all the “references” they sort of just add up to a pointless display of stickles’s “unique” cultural taste.

>alt-right
This is just incorrect, just because they identify with Libertarian imagery and theme doesn’t make them a part of that movement.

>punk has gotten good again
has it ?
I don't really know any of the references because i'm not an ameritard ad i never read much about the american civil war.
I know however that it's a great album to sing along too. Richard II is my favorite.

So many of them are just pop culture references.
You could find this out from genius but
Richard II takes part of its chorus from Richard by Billy Bragg (famously leftist for anyone trying to argue TA is a right-aligned group)
There is the obvious Springsteen nods all over the album, even an Eric B and Rakim one.
I’m samefagging here, but all this shit adds up to nothing but a lack of originality in my opinion. (Still love it though)

How is it unoriginal to have references? It dates the music if you can get the references, which sucks a bit but it's not unoriginal.
Are you saying that making references means it's not, or at least less, "unique"?

It isn’t it’s just that he uses them too often in my opinion. I know he can write really good shit too so it kind of feels like a cop out.
Punk is an umbrella term at this point. I’d say almost every form of modern rock borrows from it in some way.

le you'll always be a loser

shut up. you don't know dick about fuck. never post again.

Incredible album. Sup Forums would not shut the fuck up about The Monitor when it came out. Look at all you tryhard faggots now

its a 10/10
everyone complaining in this thread about it just goes to show how bad mu is now

patrick and the rest of the band memebers have always been stauch democrats, get back to /pol

patrick made a documentary of the making of the album, it's on their youtube.

I know but I want MORE

I am a fan of this album. The songwriting is great and delivery is genuine and heartfelt. It always hits home for me. A great example of what punk can be when people put some effort into the songwriting part of things.

I know everyone hates it but Local Business is pretty good in retrospect. They had a run of four very good albums. Hopefully Stickles does some solo stuff now that they're done; he's a unique song writer and lyricist.

>tfw good enough to get an obviously cropped picture of your lead singer/songwriter above your scruffy article

He's made it, bros.

This hurt to listen to.