Wtf is the "velvet underground" I have never heard any songs by them nor do I have any clue what genre of music the are...

wtf is the "velvet underground" I have never heard any songs by them nor do I have any clue what genre of music the are associated with yet everyone I hate won't shut up about them. I refuse to look it up please explain to me why so many annoying people care about this thing.

The inventors of music

This. They're literally the first band.

you've probably heard Sunday Morning or Heroine

..bitch

Don't mock me

I cannot recall ever having listened to either of these songs

>Inventors of Punk

Ftfy

Just a racist band that took all influences from black music and destroyed it forever. Pretentious garbage.

you deserve to be mocked

Wouldn't it easier to type "the velvet underground" into a search engine than ask people?
Any way they're a massively influential 60s rock band that sold diddly dick when they were actually together

Fuck you

>doesn't know shit about music
>gets mad when people know things they don't

>hey Sup Forums can you watch GoT for me and tell me the plot
>hey Sup Forums can you give me a 100% save game of Dark Souls
>hey Sup Forums can you listen to VU and tell me what they sound like
>hey Sup Forums can you tell me what to think
>hey /k/ can you shoot me in the head so I don't have to touch a gun

the invented the use of drone in rock music

>comes to a music board and complains that HE doesn't know who the fucking Velvet Underground are
???

They're just an edgy cyberpunk band that Andy Warhol founded when he wanted to try being in a rock band. He took the alias "Nico" to sing on the first album, kind of a drag show thing. Later on, Lou Reed (David Bowie's music student in high school) took over and made them shitty until he left and they made their only other masterpiece, Squeeze.

its another "Joy Division" that people pretend to like

dont waste your time

Dont listen to him OP hes making things up

The velvet underground is the second level of hell in the divine comedy, a massively influential neonoir rock opera composed by louise lou reed, a drag named used by famous commercial artist Andy Warhol.

>comparing The Velvet Underground to Joy Division in any way
Are those literally the only 2 bands that you've ever listened to? They sound nothing alike.

Ever heard of Lou Reed? or Nico? or Andy Warhol? or John Cale?

John Cale wrote that song that doesn't have any music called Forty Three

>???
Fuck you

Now I know you're baiting, you little shit.

they both have black album covers, that's pretty damning similarity

Is this ironic shitposting or do niggers really infest this board?

What do a drug-addled faggot, a German junkie, a dyke-looking drummer, some guy with shitty sweaters, and the most pretentious artist of the 20th-century have in common?

They make shitty R&B about drugs and get remembered as the inventors and innovators of experimental rock.

Shitpost's aside, a pretty good rock band from the late 60's and early 70's.

What does it matter?

I didn't know Boy George, Hitler, Jeff Mangum and Frank Zappa made an album

They generally have shit taste in almost everything and think they had space faring advanced civilizations before whitey came and oppressed them.

>tfw always forget Velvet Revolver and Velvet Underground are different groups

>Everything I know about blacks comes from facebook memes
Like, I won't even ask you not to be racist because there's plenty of reasons to be but don't pretend like your alt-right memes matter in the real world

I don't know much about VU. I just listened to their first album recently. I really liked it. I'm looking forward to listening to the rest of their discography.

trips of truth
this feels right to me (i've never google velvet underground either)

I wonder what that would sound like.

OP are you mentally challenged ? Just listen to them you fucking spastic retard,is that hard? Or is that too much for your small spastic brain to comprehend? I don't even know why I come to this board

This expresses my distatse perfectly