Why is everything so cheap in USA? It's not fair that they have prices lower than third world countries...

Why is everything so cheap in USA? It's not fair that they have prices lower than third world countries, their wage is 5 times higher than mine.

youtu.be/xLXAus2QWqE

Other urls found in this thread:

io9.gizmodo.com/farmed-salmon-is-dyed-from-gray-to-pink-so-consumers-wo-1691708715?IR=T
youtube.com/watch?v=EJF5P5kTODA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)_per_hour_worked
numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_result.jsp?country=United States
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirate_Joe's
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

freedom thats why

Marry me. Be my prince.

It makes me sad that non-Amerians literally COVET our junk food.

I found this diagram recently and I don't quite get it either. What sets the USA apart from the other top countries is that things there are actually reasonably priced, unlike in norway or switzerland with their 50 dollar pizzas.

yeah, tourists are always surprised how cheap things are. but it is not the whole story. sure, food, clothes, electronics are all cheap. but overall life is really expensive here. it all adds up. various monthly payments, car insurance, homeowners insurance, utilities, phone, cable, TV, etc etc. and of course real estate prices can be really really high. so it really depends on a specific location and you can't generalize like that.

That's just a price comparison with itens you can find here. Literally everything is half the price in USA, that 8-pack Gatorade for 4.68$ killed me inside.

Im hetero

regulations, australian food for example is much more expensive than american because they have to meet specific standards which require more quality assurance and higher grades of products
in america they just take meat trimming, dump ammonia into it, mash it into a burger patty and sell it, they farm salmon that end up with grey meat instead of pink so dump a bunch of chemicals into it to make it pink, those chemicals are illegal in australia because they are so dangerous
in america you only really get ahead if you are rich in the first place

if snacks are too expensive then we just get burgers
snacks are sold on the basis of overturning inventory quickly while burgers are sold by attracting more customers. these strategies are competitive with one another keeping both demand and supply very high and our burgers with a 24oz drink and bucket o' fries

This video doesn't tell me how much they cost in brazil

Because production is cheap
America produces literally everything locally so things are very cheap

Meanwhile Brazil probably imports a lot of resources and finished goods

Maybe if you stopped voting in commies who create ridiculous tariffs then you would you better prices?

*you would have better prices

I also pay cable, internet, phone, mortgage and health insurance and on top of that double the price you americans pay on groceries

Everything here is close to double those prices when not on sale

>gray salmon
wtf

100% of those snacks on the video are also produced locally here, and even then the prices are higher

Keep in mind that the posted prices shown in that video didn't include sales tax. Sure, it's only ~8%, but it's something worth factoring in.

I'm not going to watch the entire video but if it's just groceries then those are tax exempt in most states.

io9.gizmodo.com/farmed-salmon-is-dyed-from-gray-to-pink-so-consumers-wo-1691708715?IR=T

holy shit. so that's dangerous? we all gonna die?
america is doomed.

everything is cheap because they have shitty regulations

example: american junk food generally doubles as literal junk. stuff that will make you shit colours. something like taht would be illegal in my country, by example.

The same thing applies to most american manufactures (outsourced or not, doesn't matter). It's why it's so cheap in general, it follows a design MO that can be described as "Easy come, easy go". Shit is sold cheaply, bought and used then dorpped. If it does not manage to remain competitive then it will be replaced by another brand

On a good day their stuff is just thrown in the trash. On bad day their shit borders on outright toxic. And Trump now wants to deregulate the economy even more.

youtube.com/watch?v=EJF5P5kTODA

Yes, but probably not because of the dye. Mercury is much more dangerous.

That aussie is full of shit. Just 30 seconds of googling reveals that they have fish farms/salmons farms as well and they add the same coloring/chemicals (obviously). But the funny part is that, unlike the US, the fish farms in Australia are not required to tell consumers about the chemical coloring.

Food is really cheap because we're literally an agricultural superpower. We're the number one exporter of food worldwide.

Wages are high because there's a lot of capital to pay people with. If you count just the domestic market, the US is the third largest national market in the world and grossly affluent for its size. American workers are also, on average, more productive than those in other industrialized countries.

>American workers are also, on average, more productive than those in other industrialized countries.
why

not him, but maybe automation?
ever seen those bad ass plants in the middle of a corn field, all that machinery operated and managed by 4-5 people?

Cultural, social, economic factors... I dunno. I'm not a sociologist. In general though, you get a higher return from American workers than you do from workers in most other countries. The only countries that outank the US in this regard are Norway and Luxembourg.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)_per_hour_worked

US has far less liberal PTO and maternity leave policies. Workers have relatively less protection than most western european countries.
the result is more hours worked for less pay, but the economy gets the benefit
also see japan

>_per_hour_worked
did you see that part?

Debt financed subsidies. It's going to kill us all tho, farmers keep feeding their livestock corn and pumping them full of antibiotics to keep them from dying. Enjoy our homegrown super-bacteria.

numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_result.jsp?country=United States

We are more expensive than the UK. Go fuck yourself with your delusions

>muh antibiotics
>muh GMO
not this again. it is not just us. it is common practice around the world.

have you been to the uk? london fucks your wallet like no other

This list is normalized in terms of hours worked. If we look at it by value generated annually, a more stark picture appears.

Let's compare France and the US using data from the year 2013. The average French worker worked 1474 hours per year at a GDP (PPP) per hour worked of 59.24 USD. In that same year, the average American worker worked 1783 hours at a GDP (PPP) per hour worked of 67.32 USD.

France: 1474 * 59.24 = 87319.76 USD
USA: 1783 * 67.32 = 120031.56 USD

If you subtract the two, you find that the average American worker generates 32711.80 USD more than the average French worker in a year.

T-that's not how economics works, user.

>more expensive than the UK.
hahaha, you are nuts

>it is not just us
No shit, we're just a particularly large market

Why are you so asshurt

>London
>UK

Sorry if facts trigger you.

Numeo takes its stats from the World Bank. That is as good as sources on economics can get.

Lol walmart isnt even the cheapest store in almost all fields. Farmer markets and some grocery stores have cheaper fruits and vegetables. Costco is cheaper in almost everything and amazon and best buy have cheaper tech

the worst part is the canadians who cross the border for our cheap shit then return home to shove their head up their asses

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirate_Joe's