Star Trek General /trek/

Is Enterprise really the worst Trek?

>ITS BEEN A LONG ROAD

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qXw6hC7hxBA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Is Enterprise really the worst Trek?
If you get your opinions from a certain other site, sure
It warped circles around most of VOY, and was thoroughly enjoyable despite its obvious flaws

VOY has been and presumably will always be the worst trek. ENT is probably second worst though.

I can definitely agree with that.

ENT is my favorite.

Personally, I thought VOY was pretty good for the first several seasons, then it devolved for me around season 4 via Netflix. Took me a couple of months to get back to watching it and finishing it.

Official Trek rankings:
TNG = DS9 > TOS > ENT > [TAS] > VOY

Where will STD go?

std? by the initials alone it will be best series.

Voyager is still the worst.

>the producers order the actors to act wooden
>the producers don't know the difference between China and Korea
>the producers don't know the difference between Native Americans and Armenians
>the producers forbid serialization because the UPN audience is too dumb to understand
>the producers are pedophiles promoting pro-child molestation propaganda
Wew.

As overrated as TNG is I can't disagree with this

yes
/thread

My official ranking

ENT > DS9 > TNG > TOS > TAS > VOY

STD - Sexually Transmitted Disease

I think its gonna flop harder than Gene's body in his grave.

Wew. Did not know that.

I knew the actors were in conflict with each other - mainly later with the intro of 7 of 9

TNG has solid stories compared to ENT and VOY, but the shows aesthetics and acting can be meh. Also the great stories are far and few between IMO.

You didn't know that Voyager was propaganda in favor of molesting children?

Really? kek

Kes' species goes into puberty between four or five years old.

Neelix fucked Kes when she was one year old.

kek - pure gold, saved.

Upvoted for visibility

>the producers don't know the difference between China and Korea

This is still extremely common in film and television to this day. They will STILL cast any Asian to fill a role of a specific nationality if they look "close enough." Hollywood is super, super racist towards Asians while talking about how diverse and progressive their projects are.

I CAN DO... ANYTHAAANG

I'm giving Enterprise a 2nd go and unironically enjoying it, Archer is like a lil puppydog captain

Your ranking is sad

here's the only true one

TNG > VOY > DS9 > TOS > TAS > ENT

Nah.
Voyager have the worst episode off all trek.

which one is it? I have a hard time imagining something worse than "Shades of Gray"

implying shades of gay isnt the most action packed stand alone episode if you havent seen the series.

Voyager is worst, easily. Enterprise was just a waste of potential

I assume he's talking about the episode where Paris turns into a lizard and has a baby with janeway and it's all resolved in three minutes

>voyager anywhere but the ass end of the ranking
Poor quality bait.

Not even close.

Star Trek is propaganda for many things.

ST:ENT had honestly the best interior set design for the ship, bretty decent aliens (mostly TOS designs with updated makeup effects), and characters who acted like actual relatable humans.

Watching the crew get a little unhinged and dirty in season 3 was kinda nice. I like seeing Star Trek optimism and altruism actually tested against external threats.

Downside is the shitty opening theme and parts of season 1 and 2, but DESU they were still more watchable than seasons 1 and 2 of TNG or VOY.

ENT is probably second after DS9 for me. Yup, I unironically rate it above TNG.

Which series had the best uniforms?

I've always been partial to Voyager. Clear division, turtle neck looked nice, the layers of the uniform seemed logical, everything about it worked for me.

TNG's uniform a close second, but something about their collars always seemed really uncomfortable.
Plus the Picard Pull.

I totally agree with you, great post user.

Except the intro part, I am one of the few who love it.

Listen to it in my car everytime I go to school.

I know, its autistic, but I love it.

It was the mismanaged trek.

It didn't have a bad cast.

It didn't have bad writers.

It didn't have a bad premise.

What it had was network meddling halfway through.

They saw underperforming ratings and handed down a mandate to make the show 'dark'. Which more or less killed the whole fucking thing.

After the dark arc they tried to correct their mistake but it was too late and they had to cram all of their remaining material into two short seasons.

There is good stuff on this show, you just have to sift through the bad to get to it.

Best cold open of any ST episode ever:

youtube.com/watch?v=qXw6hC7hxBA

>which one is it?

Nigga is you serious

Why is blonde T'pol so fucking hot?

Voyager justified another spin-off.

The result of Enterprise is no Trek on TV for about a decade.

Don't let them fool you. The potential it had, the fact that the first half of the last season was better than the rest of the show isn't redeeming. You'll be sorry for watching up to that point and then you'll think there's a pay off. Then at the end, you'll be mad at Sup Forums for telling you to watch.

Voyager isn't much better, but I'm not telling you to watch that either.

I heard the time travel arc was mandated by the network because big plot heavy shows were successful at the time.

It kind of feels like the non-time travel episodes try to ignore it as much as possible and be good Trek.

I liked the super obvious 9/11 allegory plot, which even though it was initially connected to the time travel evolved into it's own running plot. I think had they gotten more seasons, a return to the Expanse would have been nice.

Nigga please

You're implying it was good before the meddling.

That's absolutely wrong. It was shit until just before the end. And then the end was shit.

More like Scott Blackedula.

Threshold?
It's silly all-right, but really that bad? I guess I was "anti-hyped" and expected some who-knows-what while all I got was some sillines and space magic.

I'm halfway through Season 1 of ENT. Archer seems pretty weak and naive, but then again I didn't like Sisko at the start of DS9 and he turned out to be GOAT.

My biggest beef is some truly questionable decisions he makes that don't seem particularly "Trek". Maybe that's because the Prime Directive isn't a thing yet. Also why the fuck does Trip always lose his temper and start yelling? Jesus Christ it's 2151!

You know that rules - no Season 1 episodes. That's not fighting fair.

Being a reasonable person I can reconcile the fact that what I consider the best Trek series, also contains one if not the worst Trek episode ever.

Archer...means we'll, but he's never going to dazzle you.

Ship design was a big plus. The way they treated the ship in the plots too was nice - IE, that it was continually upgraded as they pushed its abilities in terms of speed, defense, and firepower
ENT did the Voyager premise better than Voyager

I would rather take the 4 seasons of Enterprise than the entire seven of Voyager any day, quality>>quantity.

That episode was so fucking good. It's a shame it followed the time tested star trek tradition of having shitty Part IIs.

Didn't have bad writers? The whole temporal cold war shit was bollocks though, Archer was written as useless, Night in Sick Bay springs to mind.

At least Voyager had the Doctor as a stand out character, but none of the cast of Enterprise really stood out.

How is this any different than hiring a Leaf to play a Yank, or a Bogan to play a Brit?

Can't be racist to white people user

The series of movies between 2 and 6

>Ensign McFarlane

>There are still plopshit tourists here that don't understand Move Along Home

Consider the following:

The worst part of ENT was TNG.

I don't get the extreme hate for Move Along Home. Sure it's dumb and kinda shit, but also comfy and inoffensive. It's far from the worst episode or even the worst DS9 episode.

Simply because there's a concept behind things does not mean I should ignore presentation and the execution.

It ALMOST felt like old Trek, but not really

You just reminded me that they had an American play the firm leader in Green Street Hooligans. He did an alright job I guess.

Enterprises's easily, someone said a while ago in a previous trek thread that they look comfy.

I got one myself and its quite comfy.

Also, they look awesome, feels very navy and early exploration / early starfleet.

kek

Agreed

Ha!

You think I have not watched it, but I have and I am on my third watch through. I think its amazing. Season 1 and 2 are average as I said before, but nothing in the show is appallingly bad.

He was a bit chubby back then.

Agreed

Whether it felt like old trek or not it was completely absurd and painful to watch.

>worst DS9 episode
So many contenders, but my vote will probably always be The Muse. I really don't know how Cirroc Lofton got cast putting out shit like that.

>My biggest beef is some truly questionable decisions he makes that don't seem particularly "Trek
That's how I felt at first, but then I decided that we aren't necessarily supposed to agree with all his decisions. Starfleet was only recently chartered. There is no Starfleet. There is no prime directive. He's making everything up as he goes along, and part of his arc is inventing what it means to be a good Starfleet captain.

They had these characters we're supposed to care about and were just introduced to - soldiers and war heroes, playing fucking hopscotch

>Commander Tucker... DUDE FARTS AND RAPE LMAO!

Really, Seth?

What's really funny is that Riker's visits to the holodeck in that episode had absolutely no bearing whatsoever on the decision he was going to make later.

They cast an Englishman as a Frenchman, too.

It only failed because it was so early in the series and just met the characters. It actually stands out as one of the more fun season 1 episodes when you're doing a rewatch.

I rewatched it and hated it even more.

>Is Enterprise really the worst Trek?

Up there on that list. Tie with Capt. Jenocide-way from V*yger.

Actually, they cast an AMERICAN to play a HUMAN of at least partial Korean descent. Fucking racist.

I've been rewatching ST:VOY (because I'm out of other sci-fi to rewatch) and man, it still fucking sucks.

The whole show is so flat and lifeless. It's like the TV version of zoloft. And it's like you could have milked so, so, so fucking much about the crew being made up of Starfleet mixed with anti-Starfleet rebels. Show off differing ideologies or approaches to situations.

Could have have the show have some passive continuity with the uniforms getting more hodgepodge as the show goes on, and the ship getting more and more pieces spotwelded.

That alone is enough material for a great and very human show. Instead the show tosses all those problems by about halfway through season 1 and the crew all gets along and supplies are infinite and the whole ship stays spotless just like the Enterprise.

The show's wasted premise is insult on top of the injury of it's shittiness.

At least ENT had a farmer blow away a Klingon with his space shotgun.

Looks like you just need to get on or shap, user.
Allamaraine!

kek

Hey, remember that time that the Voyager crew went back in time to the 90s, when Trek timeline has Khan ruling huge swathes of the planet as supreme warlord whilst warring with the other augments, but it turned out that Miami was just like IRL 90s Miami including qt 26 year old Sarah Silverman.

As shitty as it was overall, VOY had some truly great episodes. I would probably put "Blink of an Eye" in my all time top 10.

Delete your account.

>26 year old Sarah Silverman

Still a bedwetter. Original peefu.

They stole the entire plot from a book

>not 'Insaneway'

in the future they are the same thing.

Part of the problem is that the magic technology of Star Trek by that point sort of neutered the peril of being lost in deep space.

Also IIRC UPN was afraid of making the show "too dark"

Shit, hope that didn't happen with any other episodes.

Fun fact. Eddie Murphy was lined up to appear in The Voyage Home as someone who chases the ST crew around. Sadly due to filming conflicts it didn't happen.

Truly proof that God is real

A lot of sci-fi is pretty derivative. The fact that a TV show borrows it's story from a classic written work doesn't bother me if it's done well.

It's not like their tech is infinite. Replicators still need materials, and they can't replicate everything.

It just would have been nice to have the set and uniforms subtly change. You know, have a cover for a panel in the bridge get dented and just leave it, or a railing get an ugly weld to fix it. A small thing here and there that doesn't impact the plot, but which builds up to make season 7 bridge visibly different than season 1.

As for dark, that's so stupid. You could have the rebels and Starfleet crew show differences and have it be light hearted. You know, have a good cop bad cop thing where they try to negotiate with some asshole alien and do the diplomacy thing before one of the rebel crew just phaser stuns the alien to get his way.

Reminds me of one of the small funny moments from ENT when T'pol gets taken hostage by a lower tech guy as a human shield and the head of security just shoots her with a stun phaser to the shock of the bad guy, and then the bad guy gets stunned.

Give me something, anything to show these people aren't acting like drugged up stupid explorers, but people trying to get home.

Both ENT and VOY are underrated.

>Replicators still need materials

Do they? Seems to be they only need energy because it's using the M2E/E2M manipulation like the transporter does.

Remember that time Kira almost did self-cest?
You think Kira was a lesbian?

Was he going to be Pluto Nash?

>evil twin is a lesbian

Well if Buffy is an example of the standard....yes

deeply repressed sexuality because of muh prophets religion

its why she was able to get it on with a genderless shapeshifter

You ever think those scenes between Sisko and Jake were super creepy?

>صدّيق الطاهر الفاضل الصدّيق عبدالرحمن محمد أحمد عبدالكريم المهد is so potent he accidentally's Nana and they have to come up with some justification for Kira being pregnant

>best they can do is "lol O'Briens baby gets transported into Kira"

>Miles and Kira spend half a season cucking Keiko for comic relief

The fuck man

No they were great
child of a single mother I assume?

>Mirror-Kira ends up in the Far Beyond the Stars world
>gets driven out of the city for her homolust

>GETTIN FROM THERE TO HERE

just started Voyager. Janeway doesn't seem to understand the prime directive very well.

Janeway was a diversity hire, in Roddenberry's day she'd have never made it to Captain.

It was the deliberately blandest Trek of all time. And horribly acted, without one single interesting story.at all. It was the most dumbed-down Trek until Jar Jar Abrams came along and reduced its I.Q. by at least 30 points. ALL post-2000 Star Trek has been disgraceful.