Who was influenced by The Beatles? Can Sup Forums name some bands that are good who said they had a influence on them?

Who was influenced by The Beatles? Can Sup Forums name some bands that are good who said they had a influence on them?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_impact_of_the_Beatles
youtube.com/watch?v=QB9MgpxF4HQ
youtube.com/watch?v=reZzptq9IlM
youtube.com/watch?v=8c8arZEq6OI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What is your end game OP, I feel suspicious with the choice of pic here

To circle jerk the Beatles because I love them.

I can think of imitators and those who were influenced by how big of a production their albums were.

But I can’t think of innovators who were musically influenced by them.

is that the beatles' dad?

Yeah, Bert Beatle. He gave them a choice as young lads: practice music or get Bert's squirts

>it's a "name any band and I'll call them bad" thread
Epic XD

Out of 'vaguely respected by Sup Forums'-core, I know Black Sabbath and Fugazi were very influenced by them... Ian MacKaye and Bill Ward always enthuse about them

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_impact_of_the_Beatles

They literally have a wiki article just for their influence.

>At age 21, going back home from college late at night, Fripp tuned on toRadio Luxemburgwhere he heard the last moments of "A Day in the Life". "Galvanized" by the experience, he went on to listen toSgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band,Béla Bartók'sstring quartets,Antonín Dvořák'sNew World Symphony,Are You ExperiencedandJohn Mayall & the Bluesbreakers. Many years later, Fripp would recall that "although all the dialects are different, the voice was the same... I knew I couldn't say no".

King Crimson

Pantera

Literally every rock and pop act since lol

Black Sabbath falls in line, also Can. Drifting out of it, if we're going for more "imitators but really fucking great imitators", you have Teenage Fanclub. Also Nirvana and Radiohead.

Of Montreal

>But I can’t think of innovators who were musically influenced by them.
t. scaruffi

Could have picked something more Beatle-esque, but this video gets the nod for the intro.

youtube.com/watch?v=QB9MgpxF4HQ

XTC

((Why?)) faggot

>no one has said oasis yet

That's cheating, user. As a parallel, it's replying with "Blur" when someone asks for a band inspired by The Kinks.

George knows

also, the fucking Beach Boys obvs

The Stone Roses

There were a lot of bands around at the same time that had some beatles elements to them, it's hard to say if you could consider this beatles influenced, or just another sixties song. It's got a twelve string electric, some chromatic sounding chords. It sounds a little like a combination of the byrds, the turtles, the beach boys and the beatles, I think. They are called "the critters", which is similar to a beatle, perhaps. I don't know, but I do enjoy this song:

youtube.com/watch?v=reZzptq9IlM

I forgot to mention, I think it sounds like a George Harrison song, mostly.

here's a more beatles sounding song. They are out there, for sure.

youtube.com/watch?v=8c8arZEq6OI

The Rutles
Black Sabbath
Tears for Fears
Pink Floyd
Klaatu
The Jam
Green Day
Oasis
The Buzzcocks
Beatallica
The Punkles

You forgot The Monkees, The Knickerbockers, The Byrds, and The Searchers. (And to a lesser extent, The Ramones and Sex Pistols)

ELO

Some people will inevitably argue that they aren't good but I don't think you can list bands most influenced by the Beatles without Oasis being near the top of that list.

Of course they had to be high during an interview and claim they were bigger than the Beatles to ruin all of that

Just because scaruffi said some words, doesn't mean it meant something

>Who was influenced by The Beatles?
literally every rock/pop musician that came after

lol no