What did he mean by this?

what did he mean by this?

he meant that that soviet directors had more artistic freedom than him

He meant that in the end turns out the West was more degenerate than the Eastern bloc ever was

he was forced by hollywood to write his racial stereotypes onto aliens instead of actual blacks and jews

he's saying "with Jews, you lose"

>its the studios money
>why cant I do what I want?!?!?! WAAAAAA!!

Lucas was truly autistic

He meant that the Disney Jew forced him to give up Star Wars in order for them to further push their Marxist agenda on the masses

Listen to the interview, he says something like "Basically, as long as they didn't criticize the government, they were absolute free... it wasn't like that in the US, you had to appeal to a very thin range of acceptability"

The Disney jews are literally worse than Stalin's goons is what he meant.

>Soviet Union
>not Marxist

Sounds like a bunch of bullshit to me.
Any director worth his salt back then (Scorsese, Kubrick, DePalma) told the board rooms and executives to fuck off and did thier own thing anyway.

That's literally the point of his comment. The Soviet Union was more "free" that the Disney Jew. It really makes you think.

Oh so that was the reason Red Tails was so shit? Really makes you think huh

if Lucas wanted to do his own thing then he could have gone and made cheap indie flicks. he's so full of shit.

stalin was more of a fascist

The Soviets cared about culture to outrun primitive America. Compare chess.

No, Stalin was a communist. Read his books.

Stalin was a Stalinist

It's kind of ironic that we can criticize the government in an artistic medium but when it comes to film there are a shitload of things the FCC won't allow you to do.

Well, they will but it will get you an adult rating over some pretty trivial shit. Which means you can't really market your film anywhere.

But Disney had nothing to do with any of Lucas' films you inbred retard shill.

personally i think he went too far in a few places.

He meant that the Disney Jew forced him to give up Star Wars in order for them to further push their Marxist agenda on the masses

If only he got Jar Jar to work, he was the key to it all.

>george lucas
>praises soviet union
>creates revisionist versions of historical documents

george is a communist??

It's normal for Western autists to idolize the USSR. They now do pretty much the same with Putin's Russia. They never saw it, they never experienced it, they never really studied it, it's just something exotic with maaaaybe some borderline bad things, but whatcha gonna do? Nobody stopped Lucas from going to Soviet Russia and experiencing its artistic freedoms. What an idiot.

WHITE

SLAVERS

Lucas was a shitty director who stood on the shoulders of more talented people to achieve his success, but he pretends the producers like Gary Kurtz shutting down his retarded ideas were some evil executives stifling his creativity.

It's obvious he's full of shit because the only Star Wars films he had full creative control over were absolute shit.

I wish that fat piece of talentless shit could live here for few years so that he could've experienced the soviet freedom firsthand.

soviet union doesn't exist anymore idiot

True, but its loosened up quite a bit over the years.
(not defending the fcc or whatever, I just like talking about this shit)

Pg-13 movies can have full frontal female nudity (Titanic), violence, and people saying 'fuck' almost as much as they want anymore. It feels like you really gotta work for that R anymore, which is fine.
I've always thought it was interesting how shit has slowly become more normalized in 'murrican society.
We've went from toilets flushing being a naughty, taboo thing, to suddenly incest being a generally accepted oddity in shows.
Makes me wonder how far its actually gonna go in the future.

If you can't keep up with the argument then please stop replying it my posts. You call me retarded yet you are unable to recall the post that came before the one you replied to.

Are you referring to the part where you made up that Disney magically forced a billionaire to give up his property, with the source being your ass? I figured that was satirical considering only Sup Forums shitposters are even remotely that stupid and they're in a containment board.

Lucas has always been a guy fascinated with technology. When he still had enthusiasm, he was able to write and direct neat movies. But it was clear after writing three years of Star Wars, that he just didn't like it (as he said so himself). American Graffity also only was created because of a bet he made with a friend of his.

His short films were always abstract, sounds of different machines, cars. He has a weird fascination with such things, may it sound autistic or not.

After having been as successful with Star Wars as it was, and also having lacked the enthusiasm and motivation to really do this shit again (that film must have really frustrated him, which probably led down his path of not wanting to direct [and also write] anymore), which is why he gave the films to other directors.
I can see how the audience's perception of him would change him over the years. Especially after a few failures after Star Wars. He still is a filmmaker, after all, so of course he would want to do movies. And trying to prove himself he could still do it, kind of, by creating the prequels.
I can see that money was obviously also the reason, but not first and foremost. He probably used the movies as well to further advance technology and whatnot.
Probably, TCW was a vehicle to give his daughter some kind of career, as well as plainly milking the franchise further.

It does suck in any case, for him, because he lacks passion because of the one movie that made him really rich and famous. I can see why he would try to move away from it. Move away from filmmaking altogether, especially after another failure of his with a plane movie.
He still loved Star Wars and probably doesn't like that he got fucked over as a consultant since that meant his opinion as a filmmaker, creator, writer was worthless to them. And because Star Wars still was his child, after all.
The guy is totally done by now. He's probably buttblasted to share Indy with Spielberg.

Wasn't LucasArts his?

>Any director worth his salt back then (Scorsese, Kubrick, DePalma) told the board rooms and executives to fuck off and did thier own thing anyway.
And what we got was Cimino and Heaven's Gate.

After that, the studios clamp down on directorial freedom.

I'm sorry you're too daft to interpret George's quote. Go on being an invalid sheep, crying about your Sup Forums bogeymen.

This is pretty easy to understand if you have some understanding of the working of Hollywood, and he's completely right.

Even working on something as huge as Star Wars his desire to not be hidebound by unions, guilds, studios, etc all demanding he do things a certain way constantly interfered. For ESB and RotJ he could only hire non-guild directors, for instance. His first pick for RotJ was Spielberg, but he couldn't do it due to being part of the director's guild.

Creative freedom in the Hollywood system is a complete myth and always has been. Effectively any vision you have dies by a thousand cuts the larger the scale and budget of film you try to make.

hm

I know an older Czech couple that lived under soviet rule. They said is was fucking horrible and the kids promoting Marxism these days are batshit insane.

I wonder what that pie would look like if they asked all the satellite states too.

>I had little creative freedom as a director
>I was forced to give up Lucasfilm to Disney

Should be easy to explain how your "interpretation" follows logically and empirically from A to B.

>And what we got was Cimino and Heaven's Gate.
>After that, the studios clamp down on directorial freedom.
Totally worth it tubiho.

lmao george is literally comparing himself (popcorn director) to soviet (film directors), its like comparing comic books to novels

I'm tired of spoon feeding you. Go back to watching your cape flicks. You clearly aren't capable of critical thinking.

This is absolutely correct. Every time Lucas has undertaken something post-Star Wars, it's been to advance the medium in some way.

While we all laugh and deride the content of Episode II, that marked the first time a serious director on a major film had attempted to shoot the entire thing digitally. The technology, as we saw in the end product, wasn't really there yet, but in doing so Lucas pushed the development of digital filming and editing techniques lightyears forward again just like he had previously for conventional filmmaking with AVID.

He has played a massive part in making filmmaking tools accessible and user-friendly to the masses, and countless young filmmakers probably owe their entire careers to him without even realising it.

If I ever met George, I'd shake him warmly by the hand for that alone.

desperate

You've already proven you just take all comments at face value. Stop replying to me now.

not that guy

was that ever a question?
I mean I live in the former eastern bloc and hate communism like any sane person, but it was common knowledge that the west was and is degenerate.

>you live in a world where you can't be sure if this person is trolling

Idiocracy has arrived

>get called out for being a pleb
>s-stop trolling
Kys

>Original Star Wars trilogy
>Lucas had limits on his control, had to listen to others
>Masterpieces

>Prequel Star Wars trilogy
>Lucas had total control, no one could say no to him
>Disasters

Really makes you think.

He's literally saying he didn't have control though

Then it's more evidence of Lucas's pathological lying*. We know the BTS goings on of the prequels, there were no studio execs forcing changes on Lucas.

*See also "how many movies were planned" and "When was Darth Vader decided to be Luke's father" for further examples.

>you now realize the whole "dark icky" and RLM videos on the prequels was a Disney smear campaign to get George to relinquish control of the Starears franchise

So someone else wrote the script?

George's original script was rewritten several times by many different people to the point it barely resembled the original product by the end. This is well known.

Almost none of the dialogue is from George's original script, and instead comes from Gloria Katz and Willard Hyuck's rewrite (which was the fifth or sixth complete draft)

Actually it's true
Directors could make movies as they want, only they had to show movie to censors and they would decise what to cut
Directors in USA have no freedom, producers, sponsors, Soros dictate what director can make and what don't
t. citizen of former commie country

Fuck off

Lucas surrounded himself with yes men
He had absolute free reign to do whatever he wanted with the Prequels, and they turned out garbage

Im talking about the prequels, not the originals. I'm aware these were worked on by several people.

Heck ANH is credited as being saved in editing.

He meant they didn't let him name Yoda "buffy" or Darth Vader "Darth Icky"

yes and much more enjoyable to live in as long as you aren't a social outcast

At the end of the day isn't that the same? The censor can just fuck everything about your original vision.

Some of them weren't what you would call yes men. It's just that they would be thrown off of the project altogether if they opposed him and they knew it.

Wonder if he read Tarkovsky's diaries that he kept during the making of Solaris? He was facing constant interference from Goskino over the content of the film. Fortunately Tarkovsky resisted such censorship and Solaris was released with few changes.

Lucas realized Hitler was right after all.

>muh artistic freedom in a totalitarian state

Lucas is an idiot.

I never sympathise with these directors about studio interference. Its a dissapointment when the studio takes out good stuff and replaces it with mediocre stuff; but money doesnt grow on trees. Would you have given George Lucas a couple of million dollars to make a space saga about two robots who hold a special mission discovered by a farmer who meets a wizard and becomes his apprentice and ends up a fighter pilot who takes down a large enemy spacecraft?

>"Hollywood Jews made me make shitty movies."

But nobody involved in making process that's a huge difference, you could make movie as wacky as you wanted(and most commie movies are weird shit) only censors could delete unapropiate things they didn't invole like do this do that that will sell people want this quick change this now dinosaurs are popular etc

And thank god they didn't give George more freedom or we would have Pepe Solo.

I guess if you don't suck 50 dicks a day you are a anti social loser.

There was always a party guy at the set overseeing things. Also you forget the very small detail of getting money to shoot your film. You have to present your idea and script to the film committee and they have to approve it. It's not like you can take your 16mm camera and try stuff and then show it.

#WOKE

Tailgunning to save his rep.