Eternal /trb/

"You can stop pressing F anytime" edition.
Old thread:

Real names and German/Japanese NT fix for FM17 (fucking install this before you start anything):
>sortitoutsi.net/downloads/view/29149/fm2017-real-names-and-german-national-team-fix-file-beta-v11-for-fm17-beta-20102016
Additional leagues:
>fmscout.com/a-fm17-leagues-megapack-by-claassen.html
Logopack:
>tcmlogos.com/
Facepack (scroll down to get the torrent):
>sortitoutsi.net/graphics/style/1/cut-out-player-faces

Learn to play (Guides):
>community.sigames.com/topic/295001-how-to-play-fm-a-twelve-step-guide/
>guidetofootballmanager.com/
Creating Tactics:
>community.sigames.com/showthread.php/377489-Creating-A-Tactic-Design-Create-and-Maintain
Pairs and combinations:
>community.sigames.com/showthread.php/375632-Pairs-amp-Combinations-The-Complete-Series
Team Shape and Mentality:
>community.sigames.com/topic/401273-what-is-team-shape/
Scouting:
>fmcoffeehouse.wordpress.com/2015/04/24/creating-a-scouting-system-in-football-manager/
SI forum:
>community.sigames.com/

Macca's official /trb/ database 2015:
>pastebin.com/uj27eQhe
2016:
>pastebin.com/7e3Vv0ap

Old Pastebin:
>pastebin.com/grLucSzY

Miles' twitter:
>twitter.com/milesSI

Other urls found in this thread:

strikerless.com/2016/02/19/the-hartman-doctrine-why-the-hairdryer-treatment-works-surprisingly-well/
youtube.com/watch?v=FzQBOBoPg04
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for seattle

>tfw your longthrowsman gets suspended for domestic violence

FUCKING BREXIT VOTING CUNTS I CAN'T GET A PERMIT FOR FUCKING ANYONE WHAT THE UTTER FUCK

I'm playing as Gibraltar club Lions and for some reason I can sign anybody from anywhere. I just signed a gook regen who has 20 Determination and has Professional personality. I bet, 100%, he will not improve, even with my manager training.

>Neverkusen
They have a way like no other of letting it slip. The irony is that if I want to go to the EL I better also let it slip.

Their GK is the man of the match.

And the Zidane-led Juve haad two draws in their first two matches.

>Temperamental
>Temperament 1-4, Pro 1-10
Or how to waste a career. Not sure I can tutor that out of him honestly.

How much do they want for him?

It's written m8. I have the money, but his shitty personality, terrible passing/vision and fairly average Jumping are an issue. I could buy for shit and giggles since I'm just that rich but not sure there's much of a point in doing so when my absolute worst DC prospect is pic related.

If you could work to it 100k upfront with some clauses to make the balance Id take the punt desu

I'd just pay cash.

I see

I'm looking for a wife for my brother

Totally not loopsided.

I was in a close second last year until this

>strikerless.com/2016/02/19/the-hartman-doctrine-why-the-hairdryer-treatment-works-surprisingly-well/

Well I did rotate and simulate on purpose. Let's collect another defeat and see what happens.

I yelled the entire time m8 that loss broke my team. Nothing worked slight/major tactical changes, team meetings, friendlies. I was just hoping we could string something together after a draw but it never came

>links in quotes
there's a special place in hell for you

>2017
>not using 4chanx

money does wonders sometimes m8

can it be choked?

GRIMsby comback is on la
prepare for the choke

What do you mean I'm throwing away the match?

The truth is that I also wanted for Leverkusen to finish last too. Now a good bus parking effort and we're in the EL. I "just" have to win the damn thing to vindicate that tank job, and not fail in the final like I did last year in the CL final fuck you Mourinho you sullen piece of shit.

Setting the intake age at 14 was indeed useless.

Gibraltar is somehow more broken than most user dbs

It's had a tv money bug for a decade where the league gets insane money really quickly

good feel desu

It never fails to make me smiler, or at the very least smirk.

Well... I'm currently with a 100% win record. I signed loads of really good players (well, relatively) and doing well. But my lads seem to be improving one min, devolving the next.

If this Gook I signed doesn't do well via training, I dunno what to do. Also I dunno how to play him desu. I thought as an Engache but my coaching says no. They say Shadow Striker... So that's how I'm playing him.

Enganches are terrible in FM17 because they're even more static than ever before. Seems SI confused "slow" with "crippled"; neither Recoba nor Riquelme were poor dribblers (quite the opposite in fact) despite being slower than molasses.

>Doesn't believe the team is strong enough to match his ambitions
Well with the four year deal you've got you're going nowhere.

Yes, if you want mediocre players to overperform massively, SS is the way to go. This guy from Spanish Segunda B2 had the highest average rating in Premier League ahead of Juan Mata.

LUKA JOVIC COMING TO MY HOMETOWN CLUB

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE

genuinely the most exciting transfer of my life, its the first time I've been really excited about the prospect of seeing a player live

Proper FM great, more FM legends to bundes (and frankfurt) please

So far. out of 2 games, he has 33% shot accuracy, 88% pass accuracy, 42% tackle success, 2 fucking yellows and 6.80 average.

I just hope he improves because he's not that slow, he's got 20 Determination, decent technique, first touch, flair and OTB and work rate. Shame about his poor finishing and composure. Why he has 10 heading I don't know, but that's useless for a 174cm guy with 6 jumping. I wish there was a way to improve a skill so much that the CA swaps a skill you want for it. So I wish I could train him to stop using his head so much so Heading goes down and something else goes up.

Depends, with good Off The Ball a player can still score headers rather frequently. Like André Ayew or Radamel Falcao. The Colombian isn't tall at all but the quality of his movement allows him to get on crosses anyway.

When will people realize that Determination is a meme attribute

Yeah but what is his Jumping stat? Being 200cm+ tall is great if you got 20 Jumping, 20 Balance, 20 Strength, 20 Bravery as height will win over a guy with the exact same stats who is smaller.

>height will win over a guy with the exact same stats who is smaller
No. Jumping Reach is the same for everyone. 20 means you have springs under your feet, 1 that you're terrible in the air. SI had to clarify that because the attribute was called "Jumping", they added "Reach" to make it clearer. Taller players tend to have better JR, smaller players tend to have worse JR. But I can tell you that I had 180cm (5' 11") regen keepers with 15+ JR. And vice-versa: I can't count all the 188+cm (6' 2") who couldn't do shit in the air with their terrible JR and who wouldn't get better at it even with years of training. Obviously being good in the air has got to do with more than JR, but the JR attribute is the same for everyone and is NOT relative.

Anyway, good Heading works if you have good movement and anticipation, else Falcao wouldn't score so much on crossing.

Woo we set a nearly unbreakable record

second day of what's gonna be a really uninteresting world cup

Until the day you become absurdly big and give money to San Marino yet again.

>Buyern
The fuck are they doing here?

Man City got knocked out in the first round by Bilbao in my 2020 season

Now that I've verified, Real Madrid went in the Europa League two years in a row after the CL group stage. They also had won the CL three years in a row before that (counting the 2016 one in). The new group stage format is a clusterfuck.

I think AMC's are fucked too, they keep supporting even when I put them on the most attacking AMC roles. Like fuck off, I don't need you there.

>can play witcher 3 on very high
>have to play FM17 on medium graphics

what did SI mean by this?

it's almost like you didn't read SI's role descriptions
>With the Support duty, the attacking midfielder will sit too deep, dawdle in midfield, and eventually cycle the ball back to the defense.
>With the Attack duty, the attacking midfielder sit too deep and try to take on 3 or 4 defenders before shooting from hopelessly far out.
now you know

Considering the area you want him in, you most likely want a striker that plays deep rather than an AMC that surges forward.

Why are Italian coaches and staff in general so expensive?

>a morzi is reffing england/germany

How much of the game do you let you assistant manager handle lads

Press conferences

Thanks for reminding me.
Pickford looks English.

I havent bought a FM since FM14. Is the latest game worth it? Should I stick with FM14 and then buy FM18 when it releases instead?

>Play demo
>Decide for yourself
Unironically 1000x more reliable than listening to a bunch of strangers who don't know exactly what you might or might not like.

Is the demo accurate to the game? I'm not used to thay on games where the engine is heavily relied upon

it literally is the game except you're limited to 6 months in game and can only play in England.

FM17 is the best of the recent FMs, and we will have to wait a few months before anything about FM18 is revealed. Go for it unless you expect it to be in Chinese.

>Drawing against Englel

Germany has a dark and depressing future coming soon.

The U21s could probably beat a Rooney-led senior team on a good day,

ITS COMING HOME!

>posting midmatch

But I want him to help on def.

if he has amazing stamina/etc., you could try messing around with specific marking instructions. set him as DLF-s and tell him to manmark their creative CM or something

Thank you based Refball

Maybe, I've done this in the past, but I kinda want this guy to press in defence, not man mark a specific player.

>play in a league like england
>league is hard but europe is quite easy because of money
>play in small league
>europe is hard but league is hilariously easy because of money

Is there any country that's even close to a happy medium

have you tried someone with the "gets into opponents area" PPM? never quite sure how and when that fires, but maybe it'd do what you want

No haven't tried that yet, I will in the future when I can afford or train a player like that.

Here we go, this is it. We can break the meme streak here lads

I see more players wearing a bra than in women's football.

>englel
>penulties

Who would have thought

>Lelmond

Lelz

>2 white players score
>Mixed player scores
>2 black players miss

Every time.

If someone isn't doing anything with their Football Manager trading cards I'd be happy to take them off your hands. Regen says pls

Just above the average height of a Mongolian, as well.

What FM is that?

Still loving the fucking header taking up the entire page

12, you bellend

>fm12

why

Why not

fm12 best fm

12 beloved by many of the best posters on here, dipshit

when using a narrow formation against a formation with four wide players like a 442, hos do I mark their fullbacks? Should I set midfield players to do so?

lads
am I the only one here who uses the bottom keyboard row as shortcuts to most visited screens? I hope not

can set strikers to do it but they aren't always in good positions for counters then

someone stream you cunts

>am I the only one here who uses the bottom keyboard row as shortcuts to most visited screens?
yes

Use a more fluid tactic, ask him to close down more, use a Defensive Forward, they're good too.

You can't have everything, you have to make compromises. If he goes forward too much, he won't have time to track back and help with defending.

FM17's been cracked leds

we eatin' f a m

Right in the feels

youtube.com/watch?v=FzQBOBoPg04