youtube.com/watch?v=xPZigWFyK2o
youtube.com/watch?v=vT7vD8uAGEQ
youtube.com/watch?v=MZhE_a_A0zU
youtube.com/watch?v=rOyj4ciJk34
youtube.com/watch?v=IOqf7DppNmY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I actually loved this intro as a kid.

That intro always gets me hyped up.

Tapers off after that, but damn that was a godly intro.
There's not one scene in TFA that comes close to having as much gravitas as that scene, or this: youtube.com/watch?v=xPZigWFyK2o

This was the only true "Star Wars" scene in that entire movie.

IT'S
SO
DENSE

It's the only true Star Wars scene to happen after the it wrapped up

Best Star Wars opening.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM
I WANT YOU IN MY ROOM
LET'S SPEND THE NIGHT TOGETHER
FROM NOW UNTIL FOREVER

Good battles were the thing I missed most from TFA. Fucking X-Wings shooting Stormtroopers at the castle like a ten year old playing Battlefront Bespin Platforms in 2004

If Rogue One can't deliver in that regard I am done with this franchise.

I still love it

This. I kind of want JJ to get punched in the mouth every time he talks about trying to bring Star Wars back to what made it good.

FUCK - the space battles in ROTJ are the best.

1)
What the fuck are you talking about of you like CGI rainbow barf space battles just play vidya ffs
2)
TFA had an amazing battle scene with the falcon inside the star destroyer. That is pretty much as star wars as it gets. It is also a new setting for the battle and new battle tactics were employed (the cooperation part was the tits).
You get that fresh scene, and you get a stereotypical a copy pasted new hope style space battle/trench run at the end to satisfy your nostalgia.

What the hell are you complaining about?

What wasn't there? What was there, but was poorly delivered?

>a disney shill enters the thread

TFA sucked you gaylord

The chase scene in TFA was retarded. They fucked up the Falcon's turret sounds and Finn couldn't shoot for shit, then you have Rey, who's never flown it before, maneuvering through tight spaces at 600 mph. The Falcon is huge and with the cockpit on the side it would be very difficult to get an idea of how close you are to hitting something. The turret sounds really upset me though. It baffles me that they couldn't get that right.

>nostalgia pandering
>a good thing

You are stupid

>TFA had an amazing
TFA didnt have an amazing anything. The whole movie was shit. Not even original shit, but plagiarized from episode 4 shit.

*wheezes*
YOUR LIGHTSABER WOULD MAKE A FINE ADDITION TO MY COLLECTION

>you get a new hope trench run to satisfy your nostalgia

The "trench run" in TFA sucked ass though. Watch that shit in ANH and you feel the intensity as the pilots get closer to the end, desperate to take it down and save Yavin IV. In TFA it looks like an xbox 360 game.

>we will never see this in Clone Wars style thanks to disney

Guards, i think this shill has lost his composure.

I WANT YOU IN MY ROOM

space broadsides

>robots manning cannons

why not just make the cannons AI controlled?

DON'T CALL IT A COMEBACK

I BEEN HERE FOR YEARS

>he wants Clone Wars style

You fuck right off.

I don't care who you are, this part was the fucking tits and will always be.

messed up my flow anakin

>I don't care who you are, this part was the fucking tits and will always be.
Now that we know how old you were when it came out, how about someone whose balls dropped.

fresh is not a word i would use when describing TFA

Because it's obviously spoof/homage to naval warfare scenes in film. It looks spectacular. There was fun and originality allowed in the prequels, this is fun.

More memorable than any scene in TFA.

Rude

ashamed to admit I came here to post this ._.

I HATE THE FRIEND ZONE

*BOOM*

*BOOM*

*CRASH*
That's all it takes for a separatist to break down your planetary defenses and enter your capitol with the intent to harm and kill your chancellor.
Why don't you own a lighsaber?

>LUKE: No, my father didn't fight in the wars. He was a navigator on an old spice freighter
>BEN: That's what your uncle told you. He didn't hold with your father's ideals.Thought he should have stayed here and not gotten involved.
>LUKE: You fought in the cologne wars?

kek

Go to bed, JJ.

teeheee

youtube.com/watch?v=vT7vD8uAGEQ

The first 40 seconds are honestly my favorite scene in all of Star Wars. Brings back such good memories.

>10 years old
>watching it in theaters
>hyped as fuck

>"But how could they be jamming us if they don't know-"

Fucking love Episode VI

years old
>>watching it in theaters
>>hyped as fuck
I know this exact feel.

ROTS in theaters was the most intense movie going experience of my life.
There's beauty in the prequels.

What was the most original thing to come out of TFA?

The music for that scene was so good, especially as it cuts to Vader and the Emperor

youtube.com/watch?v=MZhE_a_A0zU

....the Death Star laser was red this time? It's a whiny villain who has good in him, instead of a whiny hero with evil in him? Yoda got a sex change and a tan?

The CGI isn't even the worst thing about the intro. Honestly it isn't something worth complaining about, because all the space battles in TFA were CGI.

>because all the space battles in TFA were CGI.
this
JJ is a misleading hype man.

>AI controlled
When will this meme end? AI is retarded when you already have manpower that is CHEAPER.

negro stormtroopers

the manpower in this case was robots though, so they already had the AI

The death star's beam split in mid-air. Innovation, magic of JJ Abrams.

>an user uses a buzzword

Has there ever been a movie carried so hard by its soundtrack before? It's like when a bad sports team has one superstar player that keeps them among the mid-level teams when they should be at the bottom.

But their manpower contains AI.
Why wouldn't they just have those droids be installed in the cannons so that they don't require separate parts to operate?

This. Prequel music is GOAT.

Probably stormtroopers with riot gear, which was also the most memorable thing about the movie.

why did John Williams have to phone it in so hard for TFA?
Could have been a 10x more enjoyable film

>Has there ever been a movie carried so hard by its soundtrack before?
The Original trilogy, desu.

Daily reminder that it was Lucas who instructed Wiliams to use leitmotifs, and that Lucas is very hands on with Williams.

I still maintain that Lucas is a talented man.

I don't know. The music took the OT to a higher level, but the movies themselves were just fine. If you replaced some iconic scenes like the asteroid chase in Ep V with some Hans Zimmer shit, it would still be good, just not great. But replace the music in certain scenes from the prequels, and they become mediocre or just flat-out bad.

I felt the CGI really sucked in TFA. Especially the not-a-space-battle in Maz Kanata's place.

*And that's the good scenes, too. Episode III doesn't have that many of them. Take most scenes in Episode III and replace the music with something not quite as good, and the entire thing becomes unwatchable.

Funny how all the CGI spectacle money could buy still didn't produce a space battle anywhere near the level of ROTJ's.

He could probably feel the nostalgia pandering half assed vibe they were going for and didn't put his heart and soul into it as much, whereas the prequels at least had an artistic goal that people put genuine love and care into.

BOOM BOOM BOOM?

He probably thought the movie was shit and just didn't gave a fuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=rOyj4ciJk34

I understand what you're saying, but I really think that the prequels are at most 5-10 percent less well executed than the OT.
Better in some areas.

Bad CG doesn't phase me, and i've never agreed with all the acting complaints outside of a few specific scenes.

I find the plot of the PT more compelling than the OT, and even if the OT's plot was slightly better executed, the PT's is so much more interesting that I don't care.

But of course, Plinkett is law round these parts.

It wasn't really meant to, though. The space battle in Episode III was background noise for the scene. In Episode VI the space battle was actually relevant to the story, and felt just as important as what was going on in the Death Star.

Unlike Abrams, Lucas had a vision when he first made Star Wars. With inspirations stretching across multiple films, books, and historical records. Abrams inspiration was muh nostalgia.

This alone makes Phantom Menace better than TFA

youtube.com/watch?v=IOqf7DppNmY

>still didn't produce a space battle anywhere near the level of ROTJ's.
I disagree.
I also disagree that less artistry goes into good CG than practical effects.

Also matte lines are immersion breaking.

HEAR THE WORDS I SING

Just goes to show physical human work always beats something that was programmed on a computer.

How are the 'cannons' shooting through that blue field when we know that sheild doesnt let objects through it?

see

Tuned to the same phase.

CGi will always look like a video game cutscene though.

best level in rogue squadron II: rogue leader

>I find the plot of the PT more compelling than the OT, and even if the OT's plot was slightly better executed, the PT's is so much more interesting that I don't care.

The outline of the PT's story is more ambitious, and it has the outline of a fantastic story, but the details are completely nonsensical. There's more to it than just execution, characters consistently act in unrealistic ways and certain story elements are quickly forgotten and never addressed again, giving the impression that the characters are all idiots. For example, the insanely suspicious circumstances of the Clone Army's creation aren't even mentioned after Episode II.

The OT's story was much more basic, but at least the plot made sense.

Point being?

That's not what made it better, though. What made it better was that it had heart and felt like it actually mattered. You cared somewhat about the Rebel ships getting vaporized by the Death Star. You cared a little bit about the medical frigate.

In ROTS, the battle took place at the beginning of the movie, so it was obviously not going to be climactic, and nothing felt like it mattered because this battle there were identical ships blowing each other up as far as the eye could see.

You like it when movies look like video games instead of movies? Ever seen the mummy returns? That CGI Rock scorpion thing at the end?

ok that was pretty funny

>For example, the insanely suspicious circumstances of the Clone Army's creation aren't even mentioned after Episode II.

People always talk about this, but the fact is that the Jedi needed an army either way.
At the end of AOTC Obi Wan says
>I have to admit that without the clones it would not have been a victory
They know that it's shady but they LITERALLY have no other options.

By ROTS, 3 years later, we see through Anakin's attitude toward the clones (>I'm gonna go help them out) as well as Obi Wan's banter with Cody, that the Jedi have accepted these guys and have made the decision to trust them out of necessity at first, but eventually out of trust.
That, and the huge plot point of Sidious clouding the future.

>and nothing felt like it mattered
untrue

This single battle has more at stake, more originality, and better visuals than anything in TFA. And it's the opening scene to a drawn out trilogy. They also explain this entire setup without muttering needing books and wikis to explain it like TFA did for anything in that movie.

Prequel shit posters can only say "MUH JAR JAR xDD" so much until they hit this scene and have no rebuttal.

>You now realise the biggest "holy fuck" moment of the sequels is going to be pic related, and anybody with half a brain can see where it's coming from half a mile away

The sequels couldn't even pull off Han dying well. Why do people even like TFA again?

Lucas's vision was old Flash Gorson shorts he saw at the cinema as a kid.

downplaying Lucas's gifts is a tired meme

>record scratch
>"So, you're probably wondering how I got myself into this situation..."

Lucas didn't go to film school. He went to films.

>>robots manning cannons
>why not just make the cannons AI controlled?
Because things break retard, you fucking haters can't think for shit.

Because Star Wars is fantasy, not sci-fi.

Wrong. Lucas had several influences that went into Star Wars. Flash Gordon was just one of them, and what he ended up making was better than all of those influences.

>They fucked up the Falcon's turret sounds
Obviously different turrets then. It's not fucking up. Just like how there's a different satellite dish. No need to cry over nothing. It's a modular ship, faggot.

I watched The Hidden Fortress, and I think Star Wars '77 is better.

>starships and laser weapons aren't sci-fi

O I am laffin

Next you're going to assume I'm saying it can't be both.

it does though. ships pass through fields similar to that to dock all the time.

So you'd think a movie focused on nostalgia pandering would get the sound effects right. TFA wasn't even good at the shitty thing it was doing lmao

Defending the prequels is a pretty tired meme at this point.

>what his ex-wife managed to edit into a coherent narrarive was better than any of those influences

FTFY