Why are finland and sweden two seperate countries?

Why are finland and sweden two seperate countries?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4om1rQKPijI
youtube.com/watch?v=DOP0LFr2u4E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

well, why not?

youtube.com/watch?v=4om1rQKPijI

Because Finland used to be a Swedish territory, but then Russia came in and took over, but then Finland declared war on Russia and gave their soldiers a bunch of meth which made them beat Russia and now both Sweden and Russia have been too scared to challenge Finland's legitimacy as a country for the past 100 years.

Because Finns are fucking peasants and Swedish are way superior to them. Swedish are Scandinavians and so they are related to Norwegians, Danes and Icelanders, Finnish are dirty gooks.

All of the Nordic countries are practically one same country at this point. We can move to any of them without any paperwork apart from informing local authorities that we're moving and policeforces from other nordic countries can patrol in other ones if they feel like it.

youtube.com/watch?v=DOP0LFr2u4E

>We can move to any of them without any paperwork
Oh shit, I wasn't aware Somalia was a Nordic country.
Learn something new every day.

>Why are finland and sweden two seperate countries?

Because Russia saved us from Swedish domination during the Finnish War. Russia gave us autonomy and basically created the building blocks of a Finnish nation. After Russian revolution it was natural to declare independence. And Swedish menace was finally defeated.

I think it's better like this.
But I still want Finland to be my best ally.

Why are japan, korea and china seperate?

Because they dont speak our ficking language. Its not even remotley similar.

op is a slav shitposting with a proxy.
A good indicator is the time the thread was made. The only Japanese online that late aren't on English language imageboards.

This would have led to nasty things if Russia hadn't saved Finland. Think civil war between finnish speakers and swedish speakers with the rise of nationalism. Oppression, genocide and similar shitty business.

No shit considering russians tried to erase finnish identity too.

Nah. There are like a million finns in sweden and a million swedes in finland, nobody cares.

Yeah but back then for sure. the turn of the century of 1800s would've been a bloody one.

I don't think so, Samerna are still around after all. We opted for a slow, nice genocide.

Your majority supported eugenics against them at one point.

I guess there's some karma at work in modern Sweden. dog bless.

19th century nationalism is a different breed from today. The idea of one nation, one people, one language would have pitted swedish establishment against finnish population. The elites would have tried to stamp out Finnish language and culture because two cultures inhabiting the same nation isn't compatible with 19th century/early 20th century nationalism. Genocide would have met with reaction from finnish population and there would have been bloodshed. Similar situation on a smaller scale went on in real history in Finland with svecomans and fennomans and fennomans won and now swedish language and culture in Finland is slowly disappearing. A slow, nice genocide like you said.

>million swedes in finland
300 000
This
>Best ally
Fuck off Cai-Göran
>Finland
>Nordic
Finland used to be an ancient kingdom with rich culture and language, until the Swedes and Germans came

Because of retarded nationalists WE WUZ MONGOLS KHANS N SHIET

this. we're two separate people and we've coexisted for a good while now. i cant say i appreciate some of the things swedes tried to do to us like diminish finnish culture, but at least we werent upfront genocided like germans and poles or castrated like samis :DD

Finland!

That's the wrong question. Why are Norway and Finland two separate countries, and what with this wide-ass border thing between them called Sweden?

>that pic
Jesus christ how absolutely cringeful

it's in comic sans mate. it was made as a satire but this dumb kang doesnt realize it lol

it all began long ago when the swedes went too far and had to make concessions to the russian empire in the early 19th century, losing forever their holding of Finland, which they had crafted from a vast wilderness of savages into a great model of their civilization's cultured touch a few centuries prior