Why don't you listen to ALL types of music? This board is like 90% pop and even that is mostly Western music

Why don't you listen to ALL types of music? This board is like 90% pop and even that is mostly Western music.

Pic sort of related, I don't fully agree but it's a nice categorisation.

hmm... dont care

What's your favorite Grimes songs, cunt?

The one with the lisp

well because we're all atomized, alienated subjects of capitalism, pop music serves the same social/tribalist functions that traditional music used to. so instead of our identity being tied to a land, heritage, local dialect, religion etc., it's tied to aesthetics and philosophies which are developed and distributed as archetypes through the play of mass media.
most of us aren't practicing musicians, we're just looking for a way to be.

serious questions
is academic electronic music considered popular music or art music?
what about generative music that's created using programs such as Max/MSP or Pure Data?

Most of the music on here falls somewhere between art and pop
>extremely well crafted music made for artistic and not monetary gains

that's simply a concession the autist who made this image wrote in to justify his waifufaggotry. there's no such thing as art-pop except as a way to sell pop music to pretentious faggots and you really shouldn't fucking care.

reminder that listening to traditional music is cultural appropriation

bump

I don't seek validation from Sup Forums and I'm smart enough and have good enough taste taht I don't need mu's help finding music.

If a decent thread pops up I'll try to promote good taste. You're pic related is kinda gay btw.

I'm sure you could argue it overlaps between the two but I'd say it's more art than popular.

Explain why it's gay (like you're mom lol) or else your opinion holds no water and is irrelevant.

op you dumb fuck that image just refers to music storage and transmission, it's not like some musical food pyramid where you need regular servings of each

It's categorisation of music. It's a thing.

yeah but it doesn't imply that to have well rounded taste you need 33.3333% of all three in your musical diet

I'm sure nobody thinks that. I'm just pointing out that this board lacks anything other than popular music in major and minor keys most of the time. It's a shame because going out of your comfort zone can be really rewarding. Also note that I'm not saying anything about superiority or good/bad music.

i disagree, Sup Forums is actually one of the most open-minded and eclectic large music communities out there. as much shitposting as there is, art, avant-garde, and experimental music is highly praised here while on reddit or normal message boards this is a rare occurrence. except for the sites explicitly dedicated to art music, but i think all those sites are smaller than Sup Forums

Agree.

>Why don't you listen to ALL types of music?
Eh, I do.

I mean we have a /classical/ thread quite often

this image does miss out on the whole musique concrete movement and everything that came out of that, since that is often completely unwritten music which is classically considered art music

eurobeat takes much less effort to appreciate than ligeti, which is makes it more suitable for everyday listening