You have 10 seconds to give me good one reason why Canada won't win the next Gold Cup

You have 10 seconds to give me good one reason why Canada won't win the next Gold Cup.

I'll give you multiple good reasons
>honduras
>costa rica
>french guiana
>USA
>panama
>martinique
>nicaragua
>mexico
>el salvador
>curacao
>jamaica

None of the decent countries will be bringing their A teams. This is Canada's year.

USA is playing with their D team and Mexico with their R team.

Canada will take it

too many mudslims on your team

>Still calling up players from Unattached FC

Why would canada ever win anything in soccer?

No Johnson or Hutchinson or Larin

Even Honduras stomped Canada 8-1 in the most important game of the national team's existence, which would have sent them to the World Cup. There is no hope.

>Larin playing for Canada

He's literally Rob Friend 2.0, dude's shit the moment hes puts a Canada jersey on.

Nah it would have just sent them to the Hex

You have no room to complain really

Canada has the will to win which is all that matters.

>in 2015 we recorded 2 draws and a loss against costa rica, el salvador, and jamaica
>in 2013 we unironically lost to martinique
>in 2011 we failed to make it through the group stage, our only win a 1-0 over guadeloupe thanks to a penalty

and most of those were with some combination of de rosario/de guzman etc., players who performed well for us internationally

reminder the best player to ever come from CONCACAF is a leaf

He's a dirty traitor. If I was a Canadian, I would shoot him the moment he took a step back in my country.

literally the state of canada's NT

at least he actually has english heritage. jon de guzman is the real cunt

>that guy
>better than Cuauhtemoc Blanco, Pável Pardo, Kikín Fonseca, Jared Borgetti or El Bala Salinas
Lmaoing so hard

you'd have done the same thing in his shoes. far too good to waste away in a dead NT

I have much more faith in Cavallini and Jackson-Hamel than Larin at this point. He is legit one of the worst on the field each time he plays for us.

Honestly if you look at the midfield lineup it makes sense Johnson didn't make it in. Maybe it was the injury but he hasn't really been good since and Midfield is the only place where Canada has any sort of depth.

I can see this team making it out of groups (We've been playing much better post-Floro) and I would be pretty happy with that considering how out last GCs have been.

Last 3 matches:
Canada 4-2 Bermuda (Away)
Canada 1-1 Scotland (Away)
Canada 2-1 Curacao (Home)

Then again I'm probably getting my hopes too high.

in case you haven't been watching the whitecaps, I'd like to point out that de jong is absolutely DIRE.
just in case that factors into your calculations. adekugbe is inexperienced but I hope he gets a chance

Cavallini 3 caps, 0 goals
Jackson-Hamel has 2 goals in 4 caps but they were against Curaçao and Bermuda
Plus he barely even makes the bench for Montreal

Don't worry I know De Jong is garbage. Should only be played as a midfield sub really, he can't defend for shit.

we have french guiana in our group
2 of the 3rd place teams go through
it's a matter of not fucking up spectacularly more than one of really putting on a show

French Guiana has much better players than you leaf

That's mostly because of the whole Cavallini drama over the years and him always refusing call ups (who can blame him with the state of our NT). He's scoring goals for a top team in a league that produces infinitely more higher quality players than MLS.

privat is good, sort of, or was
malouda was great obviously but he's 37
other than that they're literallywhos. they'll probably beat us anyway but don't meme

Anyone that's decent in that league gets out before they're 20

>literallywhos
And your players aren't?

The top teams in that league are still far better than any MLS team. Plus, anyone that's decent in MLS is over 30. This is a league where fucking BWP is a good player, it's embarrassing.

Memes aside, FC Dallas and NYRB are getting pretty decent at churning out young talent.

This is the gold cup that doesn't matter, so everyone but Canada is sending their trash players.