Sports Dad

Tell me about your dad's sports teams. Does he love sports?
Do you root for the same teams as him? Why or why not?
What is your best sports memory with your old man?

Oh, and what are you having to drink?

My dad has never watched a sport and supports no teams.

How did you get into sports?

During field day i got tons of medals my dad threw all of them away that wasent Gold because if you not first your last.

Highschool i got scholarships to play football for top tier schools and declined in fear of dissapointing him.

Now i work at smithfield packing company making 15 a hour and becoming a alcoholic

My dad supports the classic rival of the team I support. I don't know how this happened, he took me to the stadium for the first time to watch his team, but I ended up liking another.
Anyway, we both support our NT and that's what matters most of the time.

My best memory with my dad was when Chile won the first Copa America. We were together as a family, with my uncles and grandfather too. After the final penalty, my brother opened a french wine he was saving for that moment. My grampa was almost in tears. I think I'm never gonna live such a thrilling and emotional sporting moment again, and I'm ok with that really.

Vikes, Twins, Wild
we aren't a cuckhoop family

he sounds like a shitty guy

Doubt all of this except for you being a drunk rat

my parents families are from the same city so yeah same teams as my family
except for soccer which my dad isn't too interested in (although he will sit through games if i pay for his ticket)

Pop is from Spain, a Real Madrid fan. I grew up watching games with him when I was home. When I left to college we always talked about the games and I tried to watch them as much as I could.
Best moment was when Zidane scored the winner against Leverkusen and most recently been a wonderful time.

Feels good to root for the good guys

He's from Detroit so he likes the lions, tigers, and pistons
I did not grow up in Detroit though so we root for different teams. My favorite sports memory is probably the first baseball game he took me to when I was about 7.

I bought his season ticket so he'd go to games with me. :)
We only watch soccer together.

my dad realized he was gay and left me and my mom when i was 5 to move in with his new bf

havent spoken to him in 20 years, i don't know what sports he likes, probably none because he's a fucking faggot who likely listens to showtunes and watches Bravo

He's not really a big fan of any team but we still root and sometimes watch nt games together

My favourite memory i was like 9 years old and he managed to get us inside the stadium without a ticket because he knew the guy that worked there and held me up so i could watch the game because the stadium was too packed and it was a cool time

That ameretard parenting.

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

Dad was a spic
Always pushed me into soccer
I always told him i wanted baseball
I ended up doing like 6 years of youth soccer
Hated it
He supported some spic Ecuadorian team
Also bandwagoned big clubs like Barca

American teams he 'liked' the Yankees
And cheered when they won late 90s

I hate him.

>He supported some spic Ecuadorian team
>Also bandwagoned big clubs like Barca
he probably supported ecuadorian barcelona

Dad watches local sports teams but doesn't follow them particularly closely.

I don't really have any notable sports memories with him. When i was a kid and wanted to play sports with him, he would tell me to find friends to play with. he would insult me for watching the draft and other games of non-local teams. even living in the same house we watch sports on separate TVs

Really sucks that our relationship is so bad that I basically don't even talk to him because we get along so poorly.

Nah, it was Emelec

Are you me?

I was born in Oklahoma, and my dad had lived there all his life. We moved early on, but my earliest sports memories are watching OU football with him. Though all my teams that I support now are from the north, I still root for OU every year for college football, and my dad and I still watch them play Texas together.

My dad was a All American HB joined marines after college. Since i was playing pee wee football he never settled for 2nd place. During my Senior year i was leading 2A schools in North Carolina in rushing yards and he gave 0 fucks because i wasent leading the nation.

We're from Eastern Europe originally, where I played soccer when I was young (because everybody plays), and continued to play in the USA. So I only ever watch Euro soccer, and no American sports.

We grew up 20 miles from Detroit & my dad believed in rooting for your home team, instead of some bandwagon team from a place you've never been. As a result, I adopted that same theory. So go Tigers, Lions, Pistons, Red Wings, Wolverines & fuck everyone else.

Also, my favorite memory is cruising around with my dad during Stanley Cups (when the Wings were dominant) & asking "Why are there people in Red Wings jerseys, dancing around, sweeping the sidewalks?"

My dad watches football every now and then. He also likes watching important games of other sports (World Series, NBA Finals, etc...). I'm much more into sports than him desu.

We live in NC. My dad is a huge NASCAR fan, went to races all throughout the 70s and 80s. Also into football, but pulls for the Patriots because of tom brady and doing business trips to Boston

My dad unironically likes Leeds because the team from the town he's from also play in all-white. But he doesn't really support a single team.

I'm unironically enjoying reading everyone's dad stories.

We're from the southern US, so sports are a pretty big deal here. My dad never cared much for our highschool teams, but LSU (football and baseball) and the Saints are almost always on at my parent's house. He also loves NASCAR, but I really can't stand that.

my dad is a pleb sports supporter
he screams goal before the actual goal ; - \

My father is a huge cowboys fan yet lives in SC

my dad screams "pass it forward!" when they're building the play

yeah i hate it, but i hate even more people who scream before the actual goal, it jinxes it

Dad liked all New York teams - Jets, Knicks, Yankees.

Liking the first two is an exercise in futility, and the last is >basebore.

My hatred for all teams Boston continues to burn strong, however.

My dad is that nigger who always roots for Duke or the Yankees no matter what

>tfw never been at the stadium with my dad
>tfw i would watch European football games in the tv alone in my room
>tfw i did this all my childhood until i found out about sp in highschool
i hate this feel

Hold me breh

>watch football with dad
>he complains about every play
>he complains about nearly every sentence coming out of the commentators