Acts like an authority on music

>acts like an authority on music
>has a surface level understanding of every genre

Did you think anyone would care when you posted this?

>being this jealous of a youtube celebrity
He doesn't act like an authority, he IS an authority. When over a million people depend upon your stamp of approval in order to decide whether or not to listen to a record, that arguably makes you an "authority", regardless of whether you agree with his views. He certainly commands more of an authority than you, an anonymous shitposter. Get fucked OP

I cared, but then I read this post, and then I didn't care.

Not OP, I'd say he has authority, but its unearned and unjustified.

He just gives his opinion you fucking retard its ok if u don't agree

You don't know what authority means

>puts out a huge amount of content
>must burn through thousands of albums every year
To say its unjustified is one thing, but you can't say the dude hasn't earned it when he clearly has a dedicated work ethic. Besides, an unearned authority is still a claim to power and influence, even if you think all of his opinions are bullshit.

>>acts like an authority on music
when?

I don't care, haven't watched a single video. But what concerns me, how can someone be so ashamed of their balding and choose to have such a haircut?

he is a neo nazi

Honestly listening to so any albums makes me almost more wary of his opinions. A person cannot realistically absorb and retain that much information, and honestly develop a well-rounded opinion based on only a few listens, especially when he has a huge stack of albums to listen to on a daily basis.

Don't they shave their heads?

>authority: the power or right to give orders, make decisions, and enforce obedience. or;
>the power to influence others, especially because of one's commanding manner or one's recognized knowledge about something.

Sorry user, if he has a legion of followers who subscribe to his views and are influenced by them, then he has "authority". It doesn't have to be a well-informed authority, but that's simply the way power works.

some of the soy nazis sport that hair cut

So a literary academic who is constantly reading different books and journal articles can never have an informed opinion on literature?

When its something meant to be listened to for enjoyment and they're plowing through an amount more than any person would ever listen to willingly, if it wasn't their job.

If he were just a guy that listened to a lot of albums and artists of his own will, that's one thing, but its how he pays his rent, listening to album after album, multiple times, writing about and formulating and articulating his opinions on many albums he either is uninterested in or outright hates, not because he enjoys it.

That's the difference for me.

if we started a gofundme for a hair transplant would fantano go through with it?

OH NONONONONONONO NO NO NO

LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

anthony fantano has the music taste people who don't know a lot about music think people who know a lot about music have

He's just expressing his opinions, the people that watch him are the ones that elevate his platform. If a fuckton of people think that what he has to say it legitimate enough to watch, he must be articulating something.

Jack of all trades, master of none, though oftentimes better than master of one

To be fair he knows rock, metal, basically all the white people stuff really well. But it's cringey as fuck when he starts talking about rap like he could say anything without sounding like a fucking nerd