Is Grime the worst sub-genre of hip-hop?

Is Grime the worst sub-genre of hip-hop?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QCfgcWRszH0
youtube.com/watch?v=81Crt0rFs9U
youtube.com/watch?v=cjMhjanN7nU
youtube.com/watch?v=tNWFrpzKbdg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no, it's Hyphy

i don't know. hip hop is generally the worst music genre and shit. but if you add S to grime you get Grimes and she is amazing artist

Fuck. Off.

if it counts it's definitely "emo hip hop"
if not, nerdcore

Grime comes from Jungle/Drum and Bass not hip hop

No
youtube.com/watch?v=QCfgcWRszH0

It comes from Jungle and Garage and Dancehall sort of.

>england

How can you say that when he exists?

Modern grime has been so bastardized and American peeps are quick to erase any of grimes original heritage it may as well be true by this point. Like that prick Rosenberg who is one of the most prominent hip-hop figureheads/interviews for like 20 years now kept telling Dizzee Rascal he was wrong and wouldn't listen to him talk about garage raves like Sidewinder.

The majority of Murrican's opinion of Grime exists solely after hearing about modern (aka shitty) Skepta, I wouldn't expect them to know anything about Garage or Grime.
youtube.com/watch?v=81Crt0rFs9U

Real M.C. innit.
Man don talk wid a rich man

There needs to be a categorical genre break like there was with dubstep. Not that it will make a difference to 99% of Americans. But for the music historians.

It also doesn;t help that modern Grime may as well be Trap but it's that kind of Grime which has really gained big publicity in recent years and is the sort of Grime that large publications and the wider public are viewing as being the authentic Grime sound.

Grime will never sound entirely like this anymore.
youtube.com/watch?v=cjMhjanN7nU

Sometimes it does though but no one seems to give a fuck about it.
youtube.com/watch?v=tNWFrpzKbdg
This is literally the best Grime LP since 2003.

>uk hip hop
corny, trash
>uk drill
bretty gud
>grime
god tier

It doesn't help that the moment US people hear harsh beats with rapping on top the first thing they think of is Death Grips or Yeezus instead of Grime.

>that first track

Woah Death Grips just ripped off old grime and added a shitty spooky aesthetic.

A lot of the grime artists out there are self aware about American culture and often make fun of themselves.

I don't know if I'd reduce it to a subgenre of hip-hop. If anything I'd say hip-hop and grime are outgrowths of deejay patter from Jamaican dancehalls and soundclashes.

My own take is just seeing these three distinct things as part of the same family but not reducible to each other. Grime is to contingent on drum n bass and 2step, at least lineage-wise, to be a purely hip-hop animal.

This. But modern grime is a different beast

stop

Mumble rap is far worse by fucking light years, soundcloud rappers light years beyond that.

This is fire. Have you heard Crazy Titch's version of this track?

>what is footwork
>what is trap

>hating grime
>calling it a subgenre of hip-hop

>footwork

why are brits so up their own ass when it comes to their countries stupid dance music?

Explain

>grime
>hip hop
terrible bait, saged

you would be when one of your homegrown genres gets raped by redditors and major labels