Is SOPHIE trans? What the fuck? They switch over to using female pronouns and the trans community seems to embrace them...

Is SOPHIE trans? What the fuck? They switch over to using female pronouns and the trans community seems to embrace them, but nobody seems to want to address whether SOPHIE was trans all along or is still exploiting an image. Or is a drag personality. Idk.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3-RzWFBB-AY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

not to grimes

It’s really fucked up to call yourself SOPHIE and pretend you’re a girl when you’re a male producer and there are so few female producers…

I think it’s really good music. I probably shouldn’t have said that.

she didn't wake up one day and think "shit, my girl shtick has gone too far, I need to commit to it," it was always an outlet to express that dysmorphia. it's just that now she isn't hiding behind persona. there's no reason to doubt her now

fuck grimes yo

who cares what they want to be called, their music still fucking sucks

Okay, but when Grimes said what she said, SOPHIE was, on the surface, yet another male producer using a female alias.

>her

>on the surface

So if someone doesn't "pass" then they shouldn't be able to identify themselves as they want?

Fuck you

Should all male producers using female aliases be assumed to be trans and closeted?

Their identity shouldn't be "assumed" nor should it be part questioned as Grimes did.

>HEY YOU DONT ACTUALLY IDENTIFY A WOMAN. CHANGE YOUR NAME!!

why comment on it at all. just let people release music and don't question their life

perfectly summed up user

I have a friend on a somewhat big electronic music label who was lightly pressured to drop a female monicker from his artist name because they were worried about dumb faggots like writing articles about this fucking dogshit talking point. They are nothing but cancer, I'm really happy the pendulum is starting to swing back.

SOPHIE was interesting when it was mysterious and kinda bubbly pre-PC music garbage, then it got steadily worse.

both new songs have been complete TRASH

simply epic post fellow centipede

>potato lady.jpg
umm...user, don't you think that file name is a bit problematic?

ignorance incarnate

just because she has a penis doesn't make her any less of a beautiful potato user, you seem to be the problematic one here

I don't give a shit about the artist in the case but really enjoyed 'her' first album

I’m really fucking sick of reading about a producer with a name that sounds like they come from an interesting background (I.e. Fatima Yamaha) and stand out from the dude norm, and the it turns out to e a known alias of some big EDM dudebro from the Netherlands. It’s exploitative and boring.

I have zero problems with trans people but WHAT IS WITH THE FUCKING CHEEKS?????

>I don't give a shit but I will go out of my way to mention that """"""""""""""she"""""""""""""""""" has a PENIS

fuck sophie
mica levi is the new queen of electronic music.
delete beach is my epoty

There are tons of cis male producers appropriating femme names for nothing but a image. There was nothing setting SOPHIE apart from them until the pronoun change and dress-up. Now everyone who questioned is retroactively transphobic. Ok

CORRECT

>her

PONY

*breathes in*
>SHE

For producing pic related, I'll use literally any pronouns she wants.

I know I know this shit also got me a little confused, but frankly the tracks dropped thus far have blown me away so I couldn't care less

Quick rundown...?

I don't care
ponyboy is so fucking good, I'll call her whatever she wants

so good

sophie should have stayed an anonymous producer

>she
nice bait

Which do you think is better, it's okay to cry, or pony boy?
IMO it's okay to cry is the better song. ponyboy delivers the punch tho.

male biology

I've heard people say they are prosthetics, but who really knows.

I mean whatever it is they literally have themselves breasts so I’m willing to assume that they are being honest

>i found the music interesting until i realized it was a man!!!

fuck off faggot

Nice meme you faggots here’s my upvote

Really? What's the appeal? After listening to it a few times I still can't get into it.

>haha dude you don't agree with our leftist delusions? you are a MAGApede haha haven't you seen them on reddit? you don't wanna be a MAGApede.

ebin :DDD

Why? Shouldn't artist get or not get attention based on their work and not based on their gender? Is there a limited amount of attention female artists can get so if a male project with a female name gets attention that somehow robs female artists of getting attention? I dunno, it seems like it should be a non-issue to me.

faggot incarnate

>So if someone doesn't "pass" then they shouldn't be able to identify themselves as they want?
If you have a penis (a real one, you were born with) you are a man. If you have a vagina (a real one, you were born with) you are a woman. You should not be able to identify as anything other than what you are because lying is bad.

holy shit

>see thread about trans people on popular board
>tfw decide to read through it
idk why I hurt myself like this

can someone explain the transgender mindset?
i completely understand gays and bisexuals but trans people just make no goddamn sense to me, just be proud of ur gender and what u were born with. i cant suddenly say im white, why the fuck would i suddenly say im a girl? also isnt it pushing gender norms and shit? why the fuck do they wanna do that?

Why not?

Why not what?

Like with sexual orientation some people are born feeling diffrent. While it's fine to have pride in the gender associated with your sex, some people simply don't and sometimes even to the point that they associate more with the label of a diffrent gender. It's silly to force someone to feel pride just because you do, it's as simple as that

yeah duh, you don't identify yourself, other people do. Same as when everyone call someone a moron

Why shouldn't a person be able to identify with a gender diffrent from their sex at birth?

>just be proud of ur gender and what u were born with
They can't.
HSTS MtF's basically had the genes responsible for homosexuality in men turned up to 11 to the point where they are extremely and excessively feminine which causes dysphoria related to how society treats and see's them. They transition so that they are more easily accepted as straight women and so that they can have relationships with straight men. These are actually the most likely to be able to be happy being born as their sex.
AGP MtF's have a sexuality which is basically a straight man's attraction to a woman but the woman is an abstracted version of themselves, thus they require transitioning to ease the dysphoria created by the fact that they are obviously born males.
I'm not really too familiar with the mindset of female to male trans men, I think transphobia + misogyny has led to them being dismissed.
Both are basically untreatable aside from transitioning. Some people think that they are successful at ignoring it but end up breaking in 30-40 years for example for example caitlyn jenner.
Basically they want to reduce dysphoria which is apparently pretty awful to live with. It's common for trans people to have a thousand yard stare because they're so miserable before transitioning.

>I feel like a woman!
How would you know what a woman feels like in the first place? You're a man, you've never had the experience of being a woman, so you have no way of conceptualizing what it means to feel like a woman and never will.
>Oh I like feminine things, like dresses, baking cookies, pretty things.
Those are social things and cultural stereotypes, not anything inherent to being a woman (besides most 'trans girls' seem to have male hobbies like vidya).
>But I wish I had a female body and a vagina, I hate my penis
That is unfortunate. you will never have a vagina. If you mutilate yourself you will have a wound, not a vagina. I think getting some kind of therapy to help you accept your male body would be preferable to mutilating yourself and living a lie. Especially since the suicide rate for post-op trans is just as bad as for pre-op, or worse.
>I'm going to mutilate myself anyway
Okay. Please don't ask me to pay for it or to participate in your delusion by calling you a woman.

>I'm comfortable with the way the world percieves me, therefore everyone else should too
K.

>Especially since the suicide rate for post-op trans is just as bad as for pre-op, or worse
Uh, based on the Dhejne study?

A man is a man and a woman is a woman. A man pretending to be a woman is lying. If a man wants to do stereotypically feminine things like wear dresses or whatever that's fine I guess but they are still a man.

who's talking about forcing them to have pride?

They can do / feel whatever they want, but why is it so damn important to them that everyone else in the world feels like them, and insist on being reassured by everyone that 'yes, you are a woman even with a penis and a beard'
To say nothing of their efforts to completely change everyone else's basic language and fund special bathrooms etc.

Seriously, I fully support anyone's right to dress however / fuck whoever (consenting) / identify as whatever they want - but they really should support my right to disagree and not support their actions

You are what you are right down to your chromosomes and that will never change. That being the case, better to try to accept it than delude yourself and try to delude others.

mental illness

>she
>her
stfu fucktard

you certainly are your chromosomes, lad, all 47 of them

Actually, yes, judging by the entire music industry to date

How so? It seems there have always been plenty of popular female artists.

Real mature.

I noticed a few people on here saying "she's doing it for SJW points" or whatever and it feels like they're just trying to express their discomfort in a slightly more PC way than "wtf he looks insane now". Like no, he's probably just a tranny.

>male producer
hahah who the fuck are YOU lmao
>female / n word / trans / gay producer
WOW SO BRAVE I GONA NBUY HXR ALBUM :)

People know how to be famous.

female artists produced and exploited by men.
it's really rare to see woman producers and working at the backstage. it's a really non female friendly ambient

oh sorry, i thought this was the thread where we shit on people for having mental conditions

>ignores all scientific research done in the field of gender across the past few decades

alright lad...alright

>n word
you can say nigger on Sup Forums newfag, nobody cares except NeoGAF refugees

no, this is the thread where we laugh at people who both insist gender dysphoria isn't a mental illness and yet want me to pay healthcare funding for it

give an actual argument or studies you fucking gimp

>scientific research
>in the field of gender
Science is by definition falsifiable. "Feels before reals" is by definition not falsifiable. You literally cannot claim studies that say gender is subjective are "scientific".

Literal pseudoscience

>

How the fuck has this shit spread to other boards ishygddt

You know (((Blanchard))) isn't science right

good post

although i think grimes is probably just someone who doesn’t really know much about the trans community. i’m sure she feels bad about it now

agreed, ponyboy is hard but iotc is beautiful

i love SOPHIE and i was shocked when i realised that Grimes is homophobic and attacked her

here’s a question: why do you all care so much about using their birth pronouns, and not the ones they identify as? why is it so important to you that you correct them?

idk it just seems like if it virtually doesn’t affect you (i know this isn’t always the case but in general) and it makes them far happier, might as well just be nice

is Grimes, dare I say it, /ourgirl/?

fucking kek, uncanny

Anyone heard the latest SOPHIE single?

youtube.com/watch?v=3-RzWFBB-AY

Grimes a shit