Do you think he would have made for a better Gandalf, if he was younger, than Ian McKellen?

Do you think he would have made for a better Gandalf, if he was younger, than Ian McKellen?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9468-QKRoCg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Seems pretty young to me haha

Yes, but no one could have possibly replaced him as Saruman, which is exactly why he wasn't Gandalf. The guy was a huge LotR fan, and despite wanting to be Gandalf, he took the other role because he felt it was for the greater good of the film.

don't ever post this again on my board, ever.

asdasd

"Peter, why are we filming all of my scenes first?"

They should have made Saruman a better character in the movies, with like, real scenes and motivations and actual lines instead of garbage with the urukhai and wizards batting sticks together

did this happen in the book?

Given that his face is not shown, I doubt that is actually Christopher Lee.

Only member of the cast to have met Tolkien too.

And no. That God tier voice suits Sarumon so well.

The LOTR trilogy had amazing casting.

WHAT AM I LOOKING AT WHAT THE FUCK

Probably, but as already said he was an even better Saruman than a Gandalf.

That voice was fantastic for this song too:

youtube.com/watch?v=9468-QKRoCg

No shit Sherlock

No shit, did you see how he looked outside of the screen in the last few years he was alive?

watching the way he talks about lotr in the documentaries and his indepth knowledge of literal almost autism tier of the entire universe is amazing

lotr truly was a blessing

This is actually one of my least favorite scenes from The Hobbit. All of Tolkien's subtlety is out the window. Seeing these classical, tastefully understated figures from the books being made to fight dumb cgi videogame badguys with EPICXD magic skills is the equivalent of Yoda whipping out his little lazer sword and going to town.

Well Ian Mckellen was the better and more experienced actor. His interpretation is the best because unlike Tolkien's Gandalf who is this Odin/esque mentor figure, he has emotions, feels fear and happiness like a mortal human would.

But if we go by the books his interpretation was wrong, and he plays Gandalf with too much emotion. In the books Gandalf is somewhat more self contained and detached.

This

More faithful to the books, not as good in the role for the movie

Is your comma key broken or something?