letterboxd.com/sumidx/
letterboxd.com/Spiral_Mountain/
letterboxd.com/drew1992/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for Wes Anderson being the best director of the 21st century

Paul Thomas Anderson*

>I rate art

>post profiles
why? I feel like I'd just have a bunch of angry anons hurling their opinions as me except they'd present it as fact
then again some anons are p cool

Just pretend every single post has the phrase 'in my opinion' added and this place becomes much more bearable

Paul W.S. Anderson*

letterboxd.com/gacelmiguel/

I have this great taste you know?

My profile

you're right

I haven't seen Enemy Mine since the 80s and I still remember that scene where he's getting his foot pulled off.

fuck off you shit

So what is your profile man?

For me is not rating art but rating how you felt about it when you experience the art.
Does this make sense?

letterboxd.com/machill54/

hey look it's me!! I still haven't watched anything since 23rd November!!

>rating your own emotions
>somehow this is less autistic

hmm

not posting it until i finish adding all my movies. i don't even have 200 in there right now and maybe half of them are rated. slackin.

A full lineup of "literally nothing happens".

what? I rate movies by how much they affect me emotionally. if a movie has truly moved me, I will give it 5 stars.

Reminder.

this is a great list though? (with the exception of PTA)

>Space Cop is better than The Third Man

But there's nothing wrong with the list.
Hypothetically, lets say you do the same type of poll on a very cultured film forum. The results will always congregate on popular movies like these ones.

Okay, I delet.

I simply cannot believe popular movies won the movie popularity contest. I'm shocked, I'm aghast, I'm literally shaking and I demand a recount.

Not as art. But on entretaiment level I think Space Cop is Best.
The sets on Space Cop are more interesting.

I think the Plinkett reviews of Star Wars are much more interesting than the real Star Wars movies. But its obious that they took less effort to make. What matters is the response you have. Not how dificult is to do.

letterboxd.com/apollo2000/

art is entertainment. art is anything that is created

pleb lol
letterboxd.com/bitsune/

Miami Vice (1984) S01E15 'Smuggler's Blues' + Robbery Homicide Division (2002) S01E09 'Life is Dust' = Miami Vice (2006)

bruv you've only got 192

>Films are meant to be entertaining. That is their primary purpose. A film that is not entertaining misses the point of why films exist. If your film appeals exclusive to filmmakers and film critics, it's not a "good" film. This, more than anything else, is why I mostly detest indie and arthouse films. I reject the term "cinephile". I watch hundreds of films and enjoy or dislike many. But I will not be assimilated into the pretentious world of wannabe critics who try to shame everyone into conforming viewpoints. Film tastes are subjective and nobody has objectively good or bad tastes. If you can't fathom why someone may dislike a film you like (or like a film you dislike), you have a narcissism issue and should attempt to pull your head out your ass.

Thoughts?
PS: This person has The Phantom Menace in their favorites.

>Films are meant to be entertaining.
Sure.
>I mostly detest indie and arthouse films.
So he's saying they're usually not entertaining? His definition of entertainment seems to be the problem.

Putting it that harshly means they are insecure and they're just as bad as the people they are complaining about

are u is name Matt Lynch?

Did I get the episode number wrong? miamivice.wikia.com/wiki/Smuggler's_Blues says it's number fifteen. Also, the episode Glades has the Crockett delivering the lines about how the bad guy 'won't even twitch' that Gina says in the movie.

Who is Matt Lynch?

A user in letterboxd. He used to write reviews like your post. Or maybe I mix him to I.V.

Ah, okay; I know him, I've seen his reviews. Pretty sure the '[director's name]'s [movie name by another director] formula is Russian Meme Man's.

Enjoying re-watching this series, the HD really adds a lot. I found the episode Milk Run very affecting this time through.

>EDDDIIEEEEE!!!!

Yep it looks very nice, a time capsule to 80s. Too bad Letterboxd don't allow shows so I have to use Trakt too.

They are correct that the primary function of film is to entertain. That is what 99% of the population that watch films, use them for - which is something I often think is forgotten by those who, for instance, post on message boards such as this one. That said, like other art forms there is room to experiment with the form, so while I agree with the first part, I don't agree with the dismissive element of the second part of this paragraph.

Television is not, nor can it ever be, art. We all agree on this, surely?

What about documentaries? Planet Earth?

I disagree and say that all of television is actually art. It's still a piece that has gone through the creative process, even if that process is by committee and particularly uninspired or commercial in nature

the vast vast majority of it is bad art but it is all still art

>tfw when dreamed with monica vitti again and spooged my pants

w0t shud i wotch guvnahz?

letterboxd.com/synt/

Out of the Blue was good but I was expecting the film to be more like the final 20 minutes throughout. Would recommend if you haven't seen, trust Dennis Hopper to put a scene in his film that no other american/quasi-hollywood director would touch with a bargepole.

I understand people like Wes Anderson's style but when that's literally all he's offering in his new short/commercial it feels sort of tacky.

it's certainly art, but not Art

We can log H&M commercials now?

Oh look how far we've fallen.

I was hesitant but theoretically it counts as a short.

dude, watch leptirica/the she-butterfly. i got a very Viy vibe from that.

Might log it just to bump the #numbers innit

letterboxd.com/Bandabydoo

I hear you man, was on the watchlist but fuck it, I'll download it right now. Dunno when I'll watch it because I'm busy tonight and tomorrow with film screenings and then busy over the weekend as well. But I'll try and check it out asap.

Also how come you don't keep a diary or anything like that?

Would they use letterboxd?

lazy i guess? idk if i'll ever get my shit together on lb. i've had all my stuff in a spreadsheet for over ten years, hard to break the habit.

i think it was only an hour, should be easy to squeeze in.

Why shouldn't you? They're video art and most likely a short story too.

I'm still fucking annoyed by how this site doesn't allow you to track TV shows.

Wow, fair enough. And yeah saw the runtime after I posted that, I'll try and get it in tomorrow if I have time.

wahoo
it's online!!!!!

There's no way the film is as good as this poster implies, right?

Overwhelmingly yes. But Dekalog and World on a Wire were still made for TV.

Almost certainly not, but I'm looking forward to watching the 4K restoration and finding out!!!

plus it has a bonus feature from the same director, sisters in leather (also 4K restoration) which promises to make for a hella f***ing epic double bill

The best study about depression was made for tv.

lbgee suicide watch etc.

Where'd you get em from? the best tracker on the net or something seedier?

I'll bite, what is it?

yes it is of course the best tracker in the whole wide world, the one I love with my life

was actually considering buying this, been out for a few weeks, was getting worried it would not show up

Sopranos fans are so cute

Well I hope it was worth the wait.

The only reason why I asked is because The Church has similar boxart and I didn't believe that either. Unless it's the same film with a different name.

Is that the Michele Soavi one you mean?

I'm looking forward to watching that too when the blu comes online. Shameless do some pretty great lurid covers

Yeah yeah, I probably won't wait for the blu ray but I feel like checking The Church out soon anyway.

Man I love those Shameless covers. Only one I own irl is Cannibal holocaust. the reverse cover was better.

QOTD: Yes

letterboxd.com/sumidx/

I'm more excited for next Trailer Trauma release.

Made my account yesterday. I'm really enjoying everything so far:

letterboxd.com/Spiral_Mountain/

>I'm really enjoying everything so far:
how

The blu came out at some point in the last few days, will be online very very soon probably, worth waiting imo

that looks unbelievably stacked, I am also excited. I still haven't watched trailer trauma 2 with commentary which I meant to. Maybe this weekend

It's just nice to practice writing reviews.

what's the deal with not loving Red

>every time i log a dragonball movie i lose a follower

DonĀ“t worry the ratings are right so far
Episode of Bardock was so shit

It's a matter of watching the film in awful conditions and low hours of sleep but i'm sure that the next time i rewatch the trilogy the rating and the love will increase.

>letterboxd

Very gay thread, full of the usual embryos and some new ones. Sad!

>The Parallel Street

Yeah, it's fanfiction cannonized. Toriyama didn't even write it.

>me while I watch a movie

letterboxd.com/drew1992/

You're an unfunny fat person?

should i just watch evil dead 2 already?

How many (feature-lenght) movies you saw this year, anons?

About 330 ish. I was on track to watch 400 this year but gave up in November.

More than you, and y'all

204, probably gonna reach 250 by New Year's

No idea. i split my free time between movies and books so my numbers in both are usually lackluster

Just do it, even if you don't like it it's an entertaining 90 mins

>Keep seeing Beyonce's Lemonade in "best of 2016" lists