clyp.it/eifmzx0l
youtube.com/watch?v=HY8q_2ku5xg
youtube.com/watch?v=BuJMapgH5k0
youtube.com/watch?v=mXI-u0ykcZ4
youtube.com/watch?v=YTno223yZuw
youtube.com/watch?v=H6UAa6-yx8s
youtube.com/watch?v=Yg-sR3NGDo4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They totally fucked Michael Anthony over.

Yup, that should be the sub-edition.

Shoop that with one of those gay ass schecter avenged sevenfold guitars and its perfect.

What is the third worst music genre behind metal and rap/hip-hop?

So, we can't name any that are worse than those?

thomannmusic.com/harley_benton_fanfret_8nt_qeb_2018_dlx.htm

Anyone get a chance to play one of these, or the 6/7 string versions? I'm itching to pick up a cheap multiscale 8-string, but apparently there aren't any drop-in pickup replacements yet and I'm not sure about getting custom pickups.

>multiscale
is not multiscaled its fanned fret
repeat after me F A N N E D F R E T.

J-Pop & K-Pop

>more than six strings
vomit
I love anime and I can't disagree.

Pic related is coming to my town and playing all of the songs on Ah Via Musicom. Anyone seen him live? Is it worth $23 a ticket?

Switch it up and list the best genres for once: Country, Bachata and Eskimo Throat Singing.

Never cared much for him

It's literally the same thing

Never understood why he was such a big deal.

how the fuck it took you so long to realize jcm900jerk is mexican while he often said he wageslaved for tacos and other mexican food? are you all fucking dumb?

I thought he was Brazilian.

What's a good guitar for a beginner?

I can only take one song filled with cascading runs before I start jonesing for a regular old blues lick.

falling for my fast snafu

haha same

The same guitar for an advanced guitar player.
The only benefit of getting a cheap crap guitar is that if you quit playing you won't lose that much money.

Ok. What's a good guitar in the range of 100-200 usd?

crap materials but good set up and QC

´coz luthiers and techs are expensive if you want to fix low QC

Assuming you don't have an amp, I would get a second hand squire and for around 100ish, and small practice amp like the vox pathfinder.

>le play blues really fast man
See also: Bonamassa

If you know an experienced guitarist, take them with you guitar shopping and have them pick you one that doesn't suck. If you don't, it's gonna be a crapshoot and you're not going to know if you made a good purchase or not for several years. That being said, you'll have a decent chance of getting a good one if you go SX Strat or Tele from Rondo Music or Yamaha Pacifica.

Yeah, I don't get him either.

>le play blues really fast man
That's literally the appeal.

I never found Bonamassa really fast.

Thanks for the suggestions. Already I see Amazon is bundling a squier, amp, and a few other things for just over 200. I assume that's a good draw? I'll definitely keep looking though, particularly at your suggestions. Also I don't have any friends so you guys have been a lot of help.

Jazz

Yeah, I get it...but I don't see the appeal in that.

He busts out the shred sparingly, but not in a tasteful, using it to build tension way, but just enough to let everyone know he's skilled enough to do it.

Here we see the rare Plebbicus Maximus in his natural habitat.
(I'll admit most jazz guitar is lame but that's mostly due to the cliched, dull, lifeless tone most jazz guitarists use)

I'm fucking tired of playing through Guitar Rig, the sound gives me ear aids. What decent combo can i buy for around 800 bucks?

youtube.com/watch?v=krDxhnaKD7Q

I hear some legato pentatonic licks and that's about it.

Shocking. Next thing you'll be telling me that a lot of songs use the chord progression to Canon.

guitar rig is quite obsolete
try as bare minimum bias or s- gear

s gear is a pretty good simulator
shit have an IR loader

silly little cunt

shhh

Hey man, you might want to wait until past christmas. A lot of people like you will get guitars as a christmas present and if you wait until after, you can find them online on craigslist for super cheap.

youtube.com/watch?v=nKL2It6XzHA
youtube.com/watch?v=AY8oqFbGQPI
youtube.com/watch?v=1Cat9oXtwac
youtube.com/watch?v=V4LQZhsoXAo

And all blooz is in A minor pentatonic with the extra dim5.
And all classic songs are in C major.
And metal is only in the minor of the lowest note.
And rock is just pentatonic minor played on iv and v.
etc.

Buy a used head and cab

Katana and a guitar

What do you guys think of Troy Grady?

Is youtube video on Yngwie's forearm twist technique but I can't quite figure out how to do it yet and have been considering looking to his material for the answer, but so far most reviews seem to say that his content is all the same shit explained again with better production.

lads, I want to get an electric w/ my christmas bonus, I have only been playing acoustic for 4 months or so. is this a bad idea??

>jazz guitar tone
>lame

im sorry I like hearing the notes instead pure feedback

hows these vocals?
clyp.it/lbn4idpf

damn i really did a good job mixing this
clyp.it/mzsewsp1
clyp.it/eifmzx0l

It's useless to think so deeply about someone's technique. Unless it's something that can be applied in general like say, alternate picking, the very specifics like full arm, elbow, wrist, finger motion, anchoring, angle, etc. are very special to the person that does them because of the biomechanics of each person. Friedman picks the way he does because that's the natural way for him, same goes for Malmsteen.
What do you intend to gain from imitating him to a T? If you want speed do speed training (metronome), emulating someone's motion won't help if it's not natural to you.
Troy Grady is a tryhard that sells a product, which is overanalyzing stuff that's besides the actual point of music... which is, play it.

No, right now you can find people selling used stuff to afford stuff this season.
Or wait a month or so more, and you can buy post christmas for cheap too.

How do I get Frusciante's god-tier jawline

>even froosh fell for the offset meme

>metal
t. soyboy

that "natural" or "body mechanics" thing is bullshit. its just that it was the first technique that he learned without thinking about it. its ok to learn hand positioning etc. damn arm picking is a huge difference what are you on

>le neanderthal look

More like LE GOD KING OF SEX LOOK

Like I said, there are general things that can be applied by basically everyone and improve.
Maybe I worded it wrong. Sure there are more efficient ways to pick, place your arm, fret hand, etc. But then again, it's very rarely the limiting factor like many think at some points in their life as a guitarist. For example, I used to almost bully a fellow bandmate because he never played with his pinky. But he still was always on time and did fast runs and everything. People like Eric Johnson also rarely use their pinky yet they are obviously not limited by it. Marty Friedman picks in probably the least efficient way yet it works for him.
The things they have in common though are:
Regular practice.
Constant practice.
Theory and practical application of it.
Jam, lots of jamming.
I mean, if the way one plays is really limiting because it hurts, because you make a lot of mistakes, or whatever, sure, improve it. But if it's not, then put that practice time in practicing theory while playing.

Before, now he looks like a regular millennial dad.

Any specific brands/models i should look out for?

>the lick
That's not the lick...THIS is THE lick
youtube.com/watch?v=HY8q_2ku5xg
youtube.com/watch?v=mXI-u0ykcZ4
youtube.com/watch?v=YTno223yZuw
youtube.com/watch?v=H6UAa6-yx8s

$800 is not that much get a "beast" its a 4 x "12 vintage celestion
and the rest on a begginer amp like a jet city 20H

Obviously get tube. There are lots of heads thst are good. First decide how many watts you want/need. For cabs Avatar makes good cabs that can be found used for cheap. Carvin is good too for both and fairly cheap used.

what the fuck

>leaving out his masterpiece
youtube.com/watch?v=Yg-sR3NGDo4

>First decide how many watts you want/need.
Nobody needs more than 50 tube watts or 100 solid state watts.

Does anyone have experience with this? Are the cleans nice enough to play ambient stuff and anything by Boris?

You're more of a bugman though

Did i ask you?

Am I the only person who thinks the soyboy lifestyle looks comfortable

>qt asian gf/wife
>huge collection of video games, movies, and memorabilia associated with them
>always following the latest pop culture so you have things to talk about with acquaintances
>craft beer always in stock
>a fender offset or telecaster

Doesn't seem like a bad life. Why does it get everyone so upset?

Why do all numales make that fucking face

this is some subtle propaganda, nicely done

fender mustang $75

Thats the idealized soyboys fantasy life in reality its a much more desperate self induced estrogen experience. Thats why youre romanticizing it you soyboy faggot

I honestly always thought these terms meant the same thing, sorry if I'm using it incorrectly

l Want a multi effects pedal that gives me as many sounds as possible to explore. Is this the right choice?

If im not mistaken a soyboy has taken on feminine traits and jewish propaganda ideologies while the bugman is a soyboy and recites these idealogies.Example soyboys like teles and offsets bugmen idolize an effeminate man or soyboy guitar players like John frusciante john mayer johny marr). An effectively much more affected soyboy.

better buy that godin with interface to roland
... nah better buy a seaboard and go full space age.

Jokes on you mr. Dubs, idk what you’re even saying

What a coincidence, double dubs

better practice instead of playing producer mr boss shill.

Embarrassingly wrong.

Because MU is totally where secret advertisers go. You got alternative recommendations? Digitech? Line6? Zoom? Im all ears

you get what you pay for with cheap instruments. Just know that if you buy a $395 instrument, you're essentially giving your guitar breast implants if you put a set of $200 pickups, good tuning machines, and a proper nut into it. if you're into DIY and have experience doing this, it's a good weekend project. if you're planning on having a shop do the work, you're sinking $400 into a $395 guitar and you'd be better off saving your goodboy-bux towards a $900+ guitar

if you're just looking to dip your toes into extended range playing with the intention of buying a better guitar if it clicks, buy it and be ready to be jewed on ebay when you sell it.

if you're already into playing 7/8 strings, save your money and buy something better. new agile guitars are in the $600 ballpark, and you could get a used schecter/ibanez/ESP in this range too.

>t. estronaut

buy earthquake devices like every goy.

This is a bugman. He uses leddit tier memes

I played one at a guitar store, it sounded....ok...
not worth the price at all though, and I don't know who its marketed for, whats the point in it

any good cheap guitars i can get for christmas? i want a guitar but i dont want one of those packaged ones

check ebay, you could probably get a used mid-range guitar for cheap

>ebay
>guitar

He should try the guitar center website instead, its easier to return a pos

valid point

Want to get into guitars and will probably pickup a cheap acoustic for Christmas, any pointers on what to look for when in the store?

solid top guitars are a better long-term investment but laminate guitars are more weather-resistant

Buying used from Guitar Center website is not a terrible idea if you have a local GC. You can simply return it to your local GC if it's shit. This is how I obtained my LP Special II, which ended up being a fabulous instrument for $119.

i just noticed that when a vacuum was turned on in the other room my amp picked up some static/voltage? im retarded and is this bad?

Also, when shopping for said LP, I kept calling each GC store and asking lots of questions about the used guitars until I found one that the guy on the phone said had a non-twisted, good neck. Used instruments on GC's website have the phone number of the store they're being held at on the page of the guitar. You can call that number and ask as many questions as you like about the condition of the instrument. This is way better than buying blind on eBay.