I don't get it

I don't get it

It's a bore.

have you listened to it in an airport early in the morning?

have you ever been to an airport?

it's an old ornament that doesn't fit with an current trees and it goes in a box in the attic, please

What did he mean by this?

read the album title again

Perfect
I'll be using this quote

Haven't you tried listening to the music he's NOT playing?

seems appropriate

seems reddit

Because you're supposed to imagine you're jetlagged waiting on a layover and hearing it through the soft overhead PA of an airport terminal.

well reddit is Sup Forums these days so...

Also don't forget to fill your room with fluorescent light

Seen this album get a lot of hate on this board lately.

I think it’s great. It’s made for listening in specific situations and it’s not intended to be your main focus, which I think is tough for a music obsessed board to get. People get a lot of shit on this board for “not giving albums their full attention”

Personally I like to listen to this album on late night bus rides, cold winter walks, long airport layovers of course, and gray early mornings. It’s meant to be a part of an experience not an experience in itself.

This kind of music enhances specificic contemplative moods and settings and I really like that about it. It’s not something I put on just to listen to

Cool, I could sleep to this

>It’s meant to be a part of an experience not an experience in itself.
precisely, it is ambient music, not music for ambiance.

that's the point, it's meant to be wallpaper

Anyone that doesn't understand the goal of this record and a lot of Eno's work need to look up what ambient actually means in a musical context. It's supposed to be a bridge between ambient background noise and music which it does perfectly. Eno came up with the genre. I don't know if these threads are bait or if the OPs have ADHD. Try listening to these early ambient albums as you fall asleep if you're having trouble getting into them.

listened to this while walking in a deserted part of the philly airport in august. was great

That repeating piano on the first track ironically makes me anxious as fuck

>listening to these early ambient albums as you fall asleep
this, good for insomnia and having calm rational dreams.

Try again. Many ambient albums end up being amorphous and forgettable but this one retains a solid identity. There's a strong sense of familiarity that comes with repeat listens. It's not the "first" ambient album as some people think, but it's undeniably iconic. It's on everyone's list for starter ambient for a reason. If you still don't like it the genre might not be for you

>rational dreams

thread

that's fine, it's VERY minimal, listen to the rest of the series, particularly 2 and 4

>been actually diagnosed with ADD and love ambient music

what do?

You've never had a coherent experience in a dream, instead of jumping around?

was joking. yes, i have a whole other life going on i have to sleep to tend to with the same places and things to keep up with

I think it's nice... You don't have to like it, though. It's not like it's super deep or anything, so I don't think it's that you "don't get it". You're probably just not in the right mood to sit down and enjoy it.

Well, shit. This changes everything. I'll probably notch it up a few points to a solid 4/10.

>ywn know this feeling
Sorry to hear that.

there are two worlds