How big are the chances that this guy is really going to become a star in the NBA?

How big are the chances that this guy is really going to become a star in the NBA?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d4NYnIpuxpk
youtube.com/watch?v=0CNxoTKvG20
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

About 1/50.

He's legit.

Rookie year predictions:
17.5 ppg
7.5 apg
Wins Rookie of the Year
Lakers finish with a 52-30 record
4th-6th in the West
Eliminated in the 2nd round

Hi Lavar.

people will meme me but he's gonna be a top 5 player within two seasons. his basketball mind is insane. the jason kidd/steve nash/cp3 comparisons are real.

anyone who calls him a "pass first" pg just hasn't watched his full games of the ucla season. it's like he makes the right decision almost every single possession. all of the advanced stats models in existence had him as the clear first overall in this draft(well above fultz) and using the eye test, he's a basketball genius

now you'll read all that and think he's a good passer and that's it, like kendall marshall 2.0 or something, but his shooting percentages are crazy, and he's a crazy athlete too. one of the fastest players in the league already with and without the ball in his hands, and he gets up very quick and very high

youtube.com/watch?v=d4NYnIpuxpk

watch this vid of every dunk in his UCLA season(he gets a shitload of alley oops for a guard) and you'll see what a good athlete he is. most guys either have one or the other, in terms of being a good athlete or being a smart bball player/skilled. but when you put them together that's when you get the elite players like lebron

go ahead and meme me but you'll see lonzo become a top 5 nba player within 2 seasons

10 ppg
7 apg
4 rpg
46 fg%
37 3pt%
1 spg
2.5 tpg

i think this is a fair expectation

Hi small baller

BOY! YOU BETTER STAY IN YO LANE

what lakers player is going to benefit most from lonzo?
randle?

MICRO BALLER

I wouldn't be surprised if he put up those numbers and won ROTY, but thinking Lakers will do 52-30 is moronic.

Literally everyone. He instantly gets bullet passes right into the shooting pockets of every player, even on the move.

People jack off over flashy assist whores like ben simmons, rondo, etc who actually hurt your team and ruin the flow of the offense. Lonzo just advances the ball as quickly as possible and gets it to the person in the best position to score.

why is his ft% so fucking bad?

it's better than fultz'. almost no player shoots FT 80% in college, and a lot of the people who have haven't even become elite nba shooters. it's almost irrelevant what your ft% is in college, as long as you're not shooting like 35% from the line.

>Jason Kidd with a consistent 3-pt shot
bretty good

why is that? isnt it the same distance and everything?

I'm not a Lakers fan but this dude can ball, I think he's got the potential to become a top-3 guard in a few years. I also want this because I love LaVar, I cannot deny this.

it's kind of the least of their worries, and i don't blame them. lebron still can't shoot fuckin free throws, doesn't mean he's not one of the best players ever. FT are the same distance everywhere, and that includes practice facilities, so they can always practice to get better, and a lot of players do

he is going to be very inconsistent in the nba, going from 25 points 10 ast games to games where he shoots 1/9. also he is a bad defender and not athletic.

I say he's going to show some potential with good shooting when open and meme dunks but he's not going to be a star

>bad defender and not athletic

lazy narrative. he's an above average defender, his metrics are great, and he's a very very good athlete

stick to pizza, mario

>No player shoots FT 80% in college

Duke had 3 on their team in Kennard, Giles and Allen. Just say it's their technique or some other dumb excuse other than nobody shoots that well.

none of those three will stick in the nba

top 20 ft% in 2016-2017 cbb season

Free Throw Percentage
1. Phil Forte Oklahoma State .955
2. Devin Cannady Princeton .938
3. Donte McGill Florida International .929
4. Andrew Rowsey Marquette .926
5. Kahlil Dukes Niagara .921
6. Eric Garcia Wofford .921
7. Otis Livingston II George Mason .918
8. Peter Jok Iowa .911
9. Steve Vasturia Notre Dame .910
10. Aleksa Jugovic Tennessee Tech .908
11. Dusty Hannahs Arkansas .908
12. Marcquise Reed Clemson .906
13. Miles Bowman High Point .901
14. Kellon Thomas IUPUI .900
15. Fletcher Magee Wofford .893
16. Bryce Jones Murray State .891
Xavier Moon Morehead State .891
18. Will Darley UMBC .891
19. Jordan Howard Central Arkansas .889
20. Alec Peters Valparaiso

it'sfuckingnothing.jpg

none of those guys will make it in the league

ft% in college is irrelevant

>consistent
>That form

>muh selection bias

totally asinine, backwards attempt at making a point. please log off.

why are half-white, half-black people so fucking ugly?

he literally replicates the exact form on every release. it's extremely repeatable, he shot 41% on 194 3PA the whole season

next

>two shitty white boys who can't defend and a man literally held together by nails and tape who played like 300 minutes all season proves my point

lmao

>slowest release in the world vs NBA perimeter defense

He's overhyped like Ingram

Like Ingram he will be overshadowed by other rookies

LA media and market loves to hype their rookies

Remember D'Angelo Russell? Lelker fans were calling him the next Kobe and then the hype died down

When they get Paul George, they too will dump Ingbust

His release .02 secs slower than Klay;s, and it's faster than the NBA average.

youtube.com/watch?v=0CNxoTKvG20

Nice try.

tbf Ben Simmons' passing is really fun to watch. I hope Lonzo does what he does, but also has those flashy moments.

I will literally jump in front of a train if the Lakers manage to win more than 45 games.