Tell me about Negan, why does he carry the bat?

>Tell me about Negan, why does he carry the bat?

Protection and he named it after his dead wife

If I broke the bat would he die?

It would be emotionally painful... for all of us ;_;

PWEEEEEASE

The bat broke in one of the newer issues

Wait, he's still alive in the comics? How far is the show from the comics?

All of the dramatic scenes are carbon copies with worse characters and pacing because normies can't deal with moral ambiguity

I think we're around #106 in the TV show and the comics is on #160, #161 this coming Wednesday. I think they'll drag out All Out War for two seasons if they do they'll have enough source material to adapt so they aren't fully caught up. I think we'll be on #200 by the time All Out War ends in the TV series.

Crazy to think the TV show has nearly caught up with the comic, isn't it?

between 2 or 3 seasons. Season 8 will probably be a fleshed out war against the Saviors. No idea how they'll handle the current post war arcs. Right now the story is totally up in the air. Alexandria might get wiped off the map, there's a mysterious unrelated faction from Ohio in contact with Eugene on the radio and Eugene only. Bunch of crazy shit that might force them to change filming locations. Rick might finally die, they might all move to the Kingdom, they might all move to Ohio.

Really? I can see a lot of moral ambiguity in the show, even though the show mostly takes the side of Rick's group.

Like, they painted the Governor as a bad guy, then Rick became the exact same as him, then flip flopped back to being "good Rick", now he'll flip back to "bad Rick", it's weird.

AMC won't just let the bone go, they'll eventually start pushing major OC on the show, like Game of Thrones.

Either that or they'll go full on with Fear the Walking Dead.

Not enough. Look at how they're painting the saviors. Burn mattresses for no reason, execute whole groups, and just being unnecessarily dickish.

>unnecessarily dickish.
Nope. Alexandria doesn't deserve mattresses and Oceanside got wiped out after Negan had already layed down the ground rules to them. It's a sign of what can happen to Rick if he revolts against his king. Don't be triggered just because the show makes these conflicts more interesting than the funnybook.

>being unnecessarily dickish

From Negan's point of view, that's absolutely necessary though, even though it is kinda stupid, if you wanna intimidate someone, you want them to fear you, not to hate you, because them hating you might make them rebel against you.

Negan's awfully chipper about losing fitty men though. Rick knows he fucked up poking the bee hive blind. You really think not being able to sleep comfortably triggers some nigger rage? They're getting off easy and they know it. Well, Michonne doesn't of course, but that's fine, somebody has to be the nigger.

I'm sure that a lot of people offscreen are pissed about just giving shit away, shit that they had since the start, and they might not fear Negan as much as the main group since they didn't see what he could do.

Because he wants to bash Tara's fat head in but the mods keep pruning the threads before he can get to it.

RICK YOU FUCKING KEK
FUCK

If they had killed Negan then The Whisperers would've completely fucked them over before the war even started after Alpha butchered the 12 people. But I honestly think Negan will be the big death in The Whisperer War, they seem to be setting it up with his backstory, Lucile breaking and his introduction on the TV show. As useful as he is I don't see him making it out of this alive.

>Mfw Negan sacrifices himself so Dwight and company can get away after going batshit insane and being ripped apart like the guy from Day of the Dead

It's all about based William now though, he's only been in about 4 issues so far I think but I'm already liking his character. Very much interested in where they go with him.

Negan is a massive saint in the comic and show. I can already predict most numales will cry in anger when Rick spares Negan in the show. Negan gave Prick and his boy multiple chances after they individually shot at The Saviors after Negan had already layed down the ground rules. Then in the tv show Rick has already butchered countless guys.

But Rick was right, sparing Negan has only brought them possitive results so far.

oh god I don't want him to die

>so far

any good webm of Glenn getting kill?