Yes

No

No
Maybe
I don't know
Can you repeat the question?

Was [Townes Van Zandt] better than [Bob Dylan]

Both very different artists.

I always go for Townes when I'm down, tho.

No

First, i’m going to agree with the heavy handed siding that other posters have stated so far.

To clarify, Townes had a much wider effect on me as a music listener. Dylan doesn’t make me cry or hurt, he makes me think. Townes worked in an idiom of emotional suffering that killed himself, and I regret that as does his family and those closest to him.

I wish he hadn’t fucked around on booze and heroin. It gives his work a bad shadow in the way that you are constantly worried for Townes and the things he’s worried for (depression, addiction, infidelity, death) instead of how he truly felt for things.

I am sometimes shocked when I re-listen to his Talking Blues songs. He had a warm, sharp sense of humor. His one liners couldn’t be matched.

He’s tragic. He always will be. Dylan is historic. It’s been made that way.

I love Townes. I respect Dylan. This is how music is. Winner and losers don’t really exist.

OP’s a faggot

No one is better than The Dylan. FACT.

reddit is that way loser

keep letting this place fuck you up

What are you talking about lmao

no. Dylan was unironically the best popular musician ever

no

a big YES

yes, by far

fuck yeah

As musician? Hell no.
As lyricist? Fuck no.

As musician, this guy takes them both for a walk in the park

yeah no

Yes

Is it true Bob tried to get in contact with Townes but Townes got too nervous to meet him and called it off? I remember reading something like that.

Townes van Zandt is one of Bob Dylan's favorite songwriters.

Also no

This guy is such a meme like holy shit. He was outclassed by his fucking son, let alone Bob Dylan and Townes Van Zandt.

i read that bob showed up at his trailer and wouldnt leave till townes played him a song

Tim Buckley was fantastic. Definitely not by his son and Zandt. Have you listened to his music? If you can't appreciate his songwriting, and can't appreciate his singing, cant appreciate his band, then at least with how innovative he was.

youtu.be/Tcp6hSDp3uA