Watching Next Gen as a young fag

>Watching Next Gen as a young fag
>"My god this woman is so annoying, what a nightmare!"
>Watching Next Gen at 30
>Realise she's the most caring and friendly person in the entire lore

What other Trek characters have grown on you, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8xRqXYsksFg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Definitely Lwaxana. To a lesser extent, Neelix. He's always annoying but he is orders of magnitude better after they end the Kes relationship and give him a practical role

I was unable to appreciate how BASED Tuvok was because he had the misfortune to be on VOY the first time I watched it.

i had an opposite reaction
>then: Man, Worf is a big cool badass
>now: Man, Worf is a whiny man-klingon-baby

childhood is when you want to fuck Deanna

adulthood is when you realize Lwaxana makes more sense

Goddamn my GILF fetish.

I still love Worf. For me it was Picard
>then: Man, Picard is such a smooth operator
>now: Man, Picard is such a fucking pussy

I used to always like Riker, but now he just seems so stand-offish and aggressive toward everybody for no good reason.

Another (albeit rapid) one: Ezri Dax goes from *holds up spork* to tolerable

I dont really dislike Worf, he just changed completely in my eyes
The Klingons are my favorite race tho, so I guess I just wanted more of that

I found Archer an insufferable cunt when the show was first airing but I quite like him now. He has moments here and there where he can be a bit of a dick but all of the captains have moments like that honestly.

>Neelix

And you'll age more and realise Picard is a real philosopher.

Four lights.

is that nurse barrett?

this

She was really great in that DS9 episode with Odo as well. Hard not to love her after it.

I'm 35 and I don't care how "friendly" she is - she's fucking annoying and I hate people like that IRL, too. And Neelix is bad for the exact same reasons. Oh, and Dr. Phlox.

Young fag
> Ahah Data is funny, Picard is grumpy, Riker is useless, Troy is worse, Worf is badass and that nigger has a cool visor. I hate Weasley and Q is so great.

Adult fag
> Data is a lazy character, Picard is much more interesting, Riker has near perfect character devellopment, I suddenly relate to Troy, Worf is an idiot and that nigger with a cool visor is actually a huge asshole with everyone for some reasons. I still hate Weasley and Q is still cool.

Lwaxana saved the Alpha Quadrant. It's because of her Odo grew the emotional maturity to have a relationship with Kira and therefore stay on the Federation side during the war with the Dominion.

Young fag
>Commander Riker is a pretty cool guy. He's always got shit under control.

Older fag
>He's still commander of the Enterprise? Why's he studying a hologram of another commander when he's middle-aged? Didn't they offer him a captain's position in season 2? What wasted potential.

Kek

Young fag
>Man Garak is kinda gay

Older fag
>Man Garak is really gay

then he should be a teacher not a starship captain

Turns out captaining a navy vessel in the future takes a philosopher.

Wrong. Starfleet captains are facing moral issues more than anything else, that's the entire point of Star Trek. They don't need to be generals, tacticians or even great leader, they just need to take the right moral decisions and that's the hardest part.

The FIRST fucking episode of TNG is making that clear.

and yet not everyone is like Picard

>The FIRST fucking episode of TNG is making that clear.
That piece of shit Encounter at Farpoint? Who cares

Also if "captains don't need to be great leaders" is the point of Star Trek, it's a stupid fucking point

The point is being a great leader isn't just about charisma or combat abilities

Look, I get that Star Trek is about moral quandaries and such, but you still have captains like Kirk and Sisko who know when to make the fucking call. When you are responsible for people's lives you don't have the luxury of being a philosopher all the time

If Picard didn't have plot armor, he would have gotten his entire crew killed before the end of season 1

>and yet not everyone is like Picard
You're right. Picard is an exception and a role model more should take after.

he's too smug

>potentially dooms the entire Federation because muh six million
yeah, Picard is such a great role model

Lwaxana is TNG's version of Peggy Hill. An interesting, well-written character who tricks plebs by purposely being annoying as fuck.

she doesn't become interesting until DS9

This is honestly true for every TNG>DS9 transfer character. Lwaxana, Worf, and Engineer McIrishguy were all worse versions of themselves in TNG.

what

It's called the Angel Paradox

he doesn't take the opportunity to destroy the borg, the greatest threat the Federation has ever faced, all because he doesn't want to be Hitler and because, oh, Hugh is a good boy he dindu nuffin.

It's a prime example of feelings winning over good sense, because god forbid any character do something that makes people think of the Nazis

You don't win anything with genocide. Borgs can be stopped, VOY proved it. Borgs serve a purpose even if it doesn't immediatly serve the Federation, they might become one day an essential part to another bigger problem; like how Klingon became essential against the Dominion.

I never watched Voyager past the first few episodes and I never will. The cast is fucking cancer

And I'm sorry, but using Hugh to eliminate the Borg was obviously the smartest solution. Picard should have been court-martialed, especially since, taking place after The Best of Both Worlds, any admiral worth their salt would question if Picard's time with the Borg was affecting his decisions as captain and creating a conflict of interest.

Star Trek is not about exterminating ennemies. Or Klingons would be long gone.

>Oi Jules, dont tell me ye lended out me copy of Ulysses to that bloody Cardie again? Aint no fukken spoonhead alive that can preciate ol Joyce like a true eyreishman can. Now sit down cuz Cakehole made us some taytoes and deys gettin cold.

Regardless of what the show is about, it was a dumb fucking decision. The episode should never have been made if they didn't want people to criticize it

Also the Klingons are a race of individuals, The Borg are a collective consciousness that exists for one purpose, assimilation. Hoping that we might have a peace treaty some day is incredibly naive. Thank god we have DS9 to make the franchise grow up a little

>Hoping that we might have a peace treaty some day is incredibly naive
Why ? Borgs are about bettering themselves, they might reach morality too.

YOU HAVE ONE HOUR

>Cakehole
I lol'd

except they don't better themselves through ideas, they better themselves through technology. They are single-minded and thorough

Regardless, the safety of one's own is paramount. You can't worry that "maybe I'm doing something bad" when there are trillions of lives at stake, versus something that can be interpreted as a single consciousness.

Like Spock said about the needs of the many. Do your stupid philosophizing after worrying about your people first.

>You can't worry that "maybe I'm doing something bad" when there are trillions of lives at stake
And that's why Star Trek people are better than current civilisation, because they actually do.

The problem is you have not seen Voy.
they can learn to work with other races when it is needed.

>making the most moral decision according to my arbitrary beliefs is more important than the survival of my civilization and trillions of lives
>better
retarded is what it is

Also you seem to forget an organization called Section 13. I know it triggers you Roddenberryfags, but you can't pretend it doesn't exist

A child molester is still a child molester.

typo, I meant Section 31

Doesn't change the fact that Picard had no way of knowing that, and had every obligation to exterminate them and should have been court-martialed for failing to do so.

And I'd watch Voyager but like I said I find the cast insufferable. There' no way I could slog through seven seasons of those fags and their adventures

>Section 31
They are obviously wrong

Neelix is a waifu-fag and possibly a lolicon but not child molester

Haven is one of the greatest episodes of television in the history of the medium.

>Doesn't change the fact that Picard had no way of knowing that
That's why you get a moral code, because you can't know everything
> Voy
Yes it's badly acted but some plots are still ok and the EMH is funny. Just watch it while doing something else.

Kes was a child, Neelix molested her, therefore Neelix is a child molester.

>Kes was a child
Not according to her race growth.

Her race enters puberty at 4 or 5.

Neelix molested her when she was 1.

Neelix is a child molester.

Many animal races engage in sexual behavior before puberty

>me then: The Next Generation is where its at and Deep Space Nine sucks.

>me now: The Next Generation is boring and predictable with its episodic nature. Deep Space Nine allowed for much deep character development and actually brought drama with the character in-fighting and conflict. It is LEAGUES better than TNG.

Neelix isn't an animal.

He's a child molester, sure, but not an animal.

>That's why you get a moral code, because you can't know everything
His moral code, from a meta perspective, was "oh no, can't have any holocaust parallels." Any morality that prevents you from protecting your own species/society is one that needs to be tossed aside, pure and simple. You can be high-minded after you've survived, anything less is treason

>Yes it's badly acted but some plots are still ok and the EMH is funny. Just watch it while doing something else.
Hm, I might do that

> me future: DS9 was a very basic narrative structure taken from better shows, TNG had challening plots and a really daring tone.

>badly acted

This. You can tell that Chakotay's actor checks the fuck out about partway through season 3.

And Ensign Kim's actor I want to strangle.

kek, I guess he gets a lobotomy sometime in the future

Does anyone else here think Data was a one dimensional as fuck character and not in any way shape or form as good a character as people make him out to be?

Also, when he finally got his emotion chip in the movie...was anyone else fucking annoyed by his over-acting?

>Chakotay
>Kim
They were both ordered by Executive Producer Rick Berman to act wooden and lifeless so that the aliens would stand out.

the difference is they are not edge masters.
"kill em all" is not the proper response. there is a reason why S31 are the bad guys.

The Borg were more of an intergalactic disease than a race. A force that decimates everything it comes across deserves no mercy

How many more civilizations and races don't exist anymore because of Picard's fee fees?

Why does everyone think that Geordi is a dick to people? He's a clear autist when it comes to women but I've never seen him be rude towards the main cast.

He's very cold and judgemental. He's always insisting on proper protocol and was plain rude with Weasley everytime he came for advice.

He treated Scotty like trash for 2/3 of an episode

and how many were saved when the Bord and Federation teamed up to stop the interdimension invasion?

you are bitching and crying when the show proved you wrong. also in TNG they did send hue back with his individuality that infected his shipmates and they were removed from the collective by the Queen.

youtube.com/watch?v=8xRqXYsksFg

The inter-dimensional "invasion" was a defensive counterattack.

The Borg caused it because the Borg invaded them first.

>and how many were saved when the Bord and Federation teamed up to stop the interdimension invasion?
Yeah, I'm sure Picard forsaw that with his clairvoyance. With the knowledge he had, destroying them was the best option. Not, oh, maybe a bizarre extra-dimensional race will show up and we'll need their help.

Nigga that only happened because the borg tried to invade them first.

I bet you like the bajorans

>be working on s project
>Old timer comes up "hey...do you lie to your captain?" continues to ramble on about what he did in his day while i work

you do know the point of the episode was for Scotty to learn that he is not 100% useless but it was time for him to move on right?

You're so beside the point it's useless to try to explain to you.

>DS9 as young fag
>"Wow, Sisko sure is cool, Odo is so mysterious and dark! Bashir so smart!"

>DS9 now
>"How is this nigger in charge of this station when all he goes is go around hitting people? Why doesn't Odo just stop acting like a cunt, especially with all these people trying to be his friend? Why is Bashir such a self entitled faggot who judges others way too quickly?"

But he's right, starfleet captains are complete assholes when asking engineer to unrealisticaly rush their job.

Or maybe you just don't have one that hasn't already been addressed ITT

Yes, because the Bajorans invaded the Cardassians first.

Here is the Bajoran invasion fleet: One ship, no weapons, no defenses, no troops, but a dangerous threat to Cardassian ideology and way of life.

He knows it is not a good idea to wipe out a species.
he believes lives are lives. they are all equal.

you dont get the point of the show do you?

Did Sisko hit anyone other than Q?

He probably got a medal for that.

The borg is just one life.

funny how you got older and turned in to a edgy faggot who does not understand shit.

I get the point, I just don't agree with it. I already explained this, jesus fucking christ.

Can I not watch a show without agreeing with the writers' moral opinions and the every decision the characters make?

I guess you also don't think the Bajorans are a ridiculously blatant shoe-in for muh 6 gorillion?

but that is wrong, Guinen.
Hue proved they are individuals still.
Lore/Borg episodes also proved it
7 of 9 proved it
last couple of seasons of Voy proved it.
Queen proved it.
Unimatix 0 proved it.

who the hell though Kazon would make a credible threat?
They're like a cheap Klingon knock-off, without any of their "scary" technology or physical capabilities.

The borg deny other the right to live, know it, and are unwilling to change. They could ask for volunteers, I am sure they would find some.

The borg are an enemy that refuses to negotiate, refuses to talk, and take advantage of every one of your attempts at peace.

The only appropriate course of action is their destruction, or yours, because they refuse to talk

TNG borg, not the VOY abomination

>Why can't Picard just know the future? It's so easy to be psychic.

ah yes. another Sup Forumstard who enjoys far left things but does mental gymnastics to excuse him self for liking it.

too bad your head canon dont mean shit. Voy is canon deal with it.
Borg do negotiate.
he does not need to know the future when Hue proved it to Picard directly.

>"The Bajorans are the PLO but they're also the Kurds, the Jews, and the American Indians," Piller responded

>"The Kurds, the Palestinians, the Jews in the 1940s, the boat people from Haiti – unfortunately, the homeless and terrorism are problems [in every age].

Now what you dumb leftist piece of shit? This isn't Twitter so you can't block me :) Are you feeling triggered right now?

Why, wherever did you hear that, my dear doctor?

It's not for me to say, doctor.

wasn't it that they became individuals only after the whole Hugh thing they become one?