Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/PigsAndPlans/status/852693303892082689
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

expected

I have no interest in listening to it, humble sounded like generic trap shit

Paidshillfork

how do you go from progressive jazz funk soul rap to soundcloud rap

>caring about p4k

Something needs to be done about P4K. I just hate how fucking smug they are about being "tastemakers". They need to be taken down a notch big time. Sup Forums was able to elect a meme into office, let's ruin cuckfork. I'm glad that their Top 10 songs of 2017 video has an insane amount of dislikes. the "r/indieheads" faggots need to realize they're a joke since they're the only ones who still follow p4k for their album recs.

Also OP is a fucking horrendous album. Tired of these fake ass reviews that are either a) paid by Interscope or b) come from white-guilt and progressivism/"fuck drumpf" attitudes or both. I can understand if someone liked this album, but it's nowhere near the best thing that has come out this year and Pitchfork is not the only one to give it the top spot this year.

It's bad, unlistenable shit. to be expected.

you are funny

post that medicore rapper meme

TRAP

INFLUENCED

BEATS

Step one in accomplishing what you would like to happen is for you to stop giving a shit about them. And about corporate music media outlets in general. They are companies run by businessmen, they hire people (mostly smarmy assholes) to create content to make money. I really don't why or how people get emotionally invested in them it's like okay fuckin www.stupidmusicshit.com just put up their list of top 10 rappers 2017 and it's bad FUCK GODDAMMIT WHY
who cares

Also Damn. is a great album in my opinion but not as good as TPAB

Haha. Do you actually believe that?

wow I'm actually surprised they've given him 3 AOTYs.

He’s devolving

I feel like i'm missing the boat with Kendrick. I just don't understand all the acclaim.

he's black

well i'm white, so what?

feel guilt for stuff your great-great=great-great grandfather might or might have not done

Let’s talk about how fucking SZA got #2 and fleet foxes were in the late 30s

Does Pitchfork think they're being post-ironic or something by just straight up copying Billboard? Because they just look even stupider than before somehow.

It's all part of the super contrarian counter-counter-culture thing going on right now where it's actually artsy and hip to just listen to plain pop

Stuff like Swans and OPN get shit on for being pleb and entry level yet all the fine art connoisseurs cream their pants over the next trap song about xans

all popular music is trash.

migrate to the traditional and art music side

this. This meme got to stop. Trap producers are the gayest, stupidest, shallow shit ever.

IMAGINE MY SHOCK!

>BUT IT SOUNDS GOOD LOL
>IT'S FUN BRUH

This is the future we chose

No Alvvays on the list?

i was suprised these faggots didnt put come over when youre sober on that list

Does anyone on Sup Forums actually still give a shit about p4k?

It's unironically better than Damn.

knew this was aoty during the summer

>all popular music is trash.

This is so out of date and irrelevant in the modern age. Is this the shit they teach in schools still? What a fucking joke to think children spend their parents hard earned money on that shit.

I'm so glad that they didn't give it to A Crow Looked at Me.

Also came out this year.

haha yeah i hate the pop and rap

P4k is absolutely worthless and nobody should care about any of their opinions. Anyway, this album was simply a bore and it has absolutely no replay value for me. This albums 'greatness' is based solely upon teenage white girls that have started listening to Kendrick and maybe even some soccer moms. This album is nowhere near as good as TPAB, GKMC and even Section.80.

Section.80 is underrated. It's nowhere as ambicious as GKMC and TPAB but it's full of great songs, and no annoying skits in the middle of the album.

Triple AOTY for Kendrick is a bit surprising but I'm mostly just mad that Without Warning wasn't on the list at all.

It's good, but as others have said, nowhere near TPAB level. Probably more indicative of the year in music.

thought it was going to be 'dude my wife died lmao'

Easily his worst album and the most overrated album of 2017

>it's another year of P4k putting mediocre RnB on a pedestal

Pitchfork is money hungery
they are fake news for music now

Flower Boy and Big Fish Theory were better

Stop reading Pitchfork.

Do read: DiS, The Quietus, The Wire, Tinymixtapes, Bleep, Resident Advisor (kinda going downhill though), Magnet Magazine

holy fucking shit I thought this was a shitpost but it's real

They have made Kendrick AOTY for every album he's put out since 2012 jesus christ

Pitchfork is the Buzzfeed of music.

Have someone notice that all the artist are black in the top? Not chinks or mexican

It's almost as if the dominant music genre of our time is predominately made by black people.

Can they please stop sucking Kendrick's 10" dick? It's getting annoying DAMN. wasn't even that good.

Why are Pitchfork inclined to hype up about the dominant mainstream genre that every other major website is already hyping up? Why is it bad if tastes differ from the accepted norm of the masses?

lmao white people can't handle the BBC

Literally no trap songs sounds like humble.

Humble has a really old school type beat and it sounds nothing like a trap beat.

It's an amazing album, glad it's number 1 here.

lol at whitebois getting fired up because the music game belong to us

twitter.com/PigsAndPlans/status/852693303892082689

Kendricks best song, and it came off this album.
I really liked the vibe of this whole thing, there was a lot of candy sounds for the casuals but moments like the one i linked are so visceral and atmospheric.

rip in peace music
1960-2010

1910-2017 you mean

PRIDE is a legitimately good song imo. Anyone who wants to give the album a try should start with PRIDE since it's probably the most unique on the album

the guys at pitchfork as either so ironic that they've lost the ability to handle sincerity, or they're dealing with such high amounts of white guilt that, in their mind, to put anything other than a minority at the top of the list would be suicide

the beat is the worst part tho, annoying

>808s
>3 cheap sounding piano notes
>generic trap hi hats and snares

Sounds like a shitty trap beat to me

his worst album tbqh

If I don't regularly listen to Hip Hop is this album still worth checking out?

St. Vincent's new album at 21 is laughable.

not as bad as people on here make out but CERTAINLY not album of the year

2bh this is just a really boring choice for AOTY

They could have easily made Big Fish Theory no. 1 which is a more inventive and honestly better album all in all
Or even PG or Tyler
It's just such a lame fucking answer to "what was your aoty?"

frankly

no

it isn't good hip hop and it isn't good pop

If you like DNA, HUMBLE or ELEMENT then go for it but just as HUMBLE started to grow on me, I listened to it in context with the album and liked the entire thing less.

>progressive jazz funk
Jesus Christ how can you be so complicatedly wrong

Also my aoty, even if I think other aspects of their list are questionable. Kendricks storytelling and songwriting are just on another level here

Holy shit you fucking contrarians are so ridiculous. This thread is absolutely embarrassing.

the definition of overhyped radio garbage. i am very disappointed in kendrick.

humble is easily the worst song on there, though.
Album is very enjoyable in general.

BITCH SIT DOWN (OOGA BOOGA)
BE HUMBLE (OOGA BOOGA)
SIT DOWN (OOGA BOOGA)
BE HUMBLE

I really don't understand why this album is so loved. I really liked GKMC and TPAB and thought Section. 80 was good too. They were ambitious as fuck, especially for hip-hop albums, but DAMN is weak in comparison. It has great tracks, but some really weak and generic tracks too.

They are correct.

i think the album is good but not as good as his others. for me this would have to be his worst ablum but its good and couldve been better

Overrated album. Fantano was right about the 7.

danb us a good ablem