Wait, why wasn't the chair hologram too? Wouldn't that make more sense...

Wait, why wasn't the chair hologram too? Wouldn't that make more sense? I imagine it took a bit of time to calibrate it properly so he was exactly in the right position it looks like he's naturally sitting on the chair. Must have taken time on both ends. Lots of rearranging and going back and forth until it's exactly right. Could have just made the whole chair hologram and avoided the issue entirely. You'd think a civilization advanced enough to build a literal floating city in the sky and a blade runner high-concept scifi city with hundreds of thousands of flying cars and no car crashes would be able to figure this out.

They probably have standard jedi council chairs to remedy this specific issue

This is an actual fucking good question. The fuck, Sup Forums.

He looks around like he's in the room but he's not. And he's clearly not wearing any sort of VR headset. How does he see everyone else? Are they all holograms too? Does he just have a room of empty chairs in his apartment where they all get projected onto? Or do their chairs get projected?

Force projection. It's not a hologram.

See Yoda talking to Mace before Mace goes off to fight Sheev, in Ep III and that'll answer you.

Why do they even bother meeting up then? They can just all force project from wherever they already are.

Why does a senate or parliament meet nowadays, they have phones and shit, right?

What about the droid attack on the Wookies though?

The question was so offhand and dismissive, like he didn't actually care at all. Was he a racist?

>It's a system we can not afford to lose

So there are systems they can lose? Why even bother keeping systems? You'll win the war once the death star blows up anyway.

Why would it take long to calibrate? Look at all the tech they have. By the time humanity was fucking hyperdrives and Death Stars, I imagine hologramming a person in a chair will be trivial work.

A better question is why use Hologram tech at all?

The image quality is shit, and you can only see a foreground. It makes much more sense to just have a television screen and a Skype feed.

Because unless he was sitting in the exact same chair in the exact same position it would be impossible to calibrate without digitally altering the hologram which would be stupidly complicated to achieve what can be done by fucking making the fucking chair a hologram.

>Complex enough to have auto-calibrating holograms and flying cars in Blade Runner cities
>Holograms still aren't in color and still look like shit

Bravo Lucas

Why didn't the Jedi testify to the invasion at the Senate meeting. Valorum wasn't convinced that there really was an invasion, and wanted a committee to be formed to investigate. Surely if the two negotiators he sent (Obi Wan and Qui-Gon), came back saying that they've been attacked and that a Sith assassin is after them, Valorum would have been a lot more likely to go to war with the Trade Federation.

that's too much like star trek, we need to be different

>11 years later and people still finding reasons that the prequels are retarded

Love it

How do they communicate with each other in real time across star systems? I know ships have expensive and massive hyperdrive engines that give them ftl travel, but how do their hologram cellphones and shit do FTL signals?

Quantum entanglement?

F O R C E
O
R
C
E

Well before I explain that I gotta tell you about half a presses

Good answer senpai

Either
A) he carries around a replica of his temple chair wherever he goes and sits in it when projecting his hologram.
Or
B) They beam the chair as a hologram over to him so he can sit. So its a real chair and hologram person on this side, but a real person sitting on a hologram chair on the other side.

How does one sit in a hologram chair?

>siting on a hologram

>the joke
>your head

>my dick
>your mouth

>my holgraphic dick
>ur mum

>merely pretending
>to be retarded

Is Starwarsposting finally making a comeback

Every jedi council member carries a suitcase that transforms into their chair in case they need to phone in a meeting, it's regulation.

It's a shame he died like a cuck

Why did they even sit in those uncomfortable chairs? That seems like it would make your upper spine feel terrible

There's already a chair there.

>all aliens have spines

The chair has to be there for when he's present at meetings in corporeal form

It wouldn't take calibration at all. He has his projection chair with the origin point of the hologram capture mechanism in the same position relative to his chair as the projection mechanism is relative to the council chamber chair. It's 1:1.

He at least looks like he could use a headrest

What is the evolutionary purpose of that neck?

To eat leaves off trees, duh.
Do you even giraffe?

wtf i hate the prequels now

It's where he stores his midichlorians

To reach fruits on high trees obviously

eating deep puss

>he has to spend several minutes setting up a bunch of empty chairs in a circle around him so the others can be projected onto them

Things got awkward in the conference room after his fling with Yaddle

Maybe the seat projects a hologram while he's sitting on the hologram making seat at the other side

What if hologram conehead man reclined back in his actual chair? Would his hologram legs stick out at a flat angle just hovering in air? That would look pretty funny.

Nothing beats Yoda and Yaddles love subplot with the steamy sex scene. When Yaddle straddled Yoda's paddle, I knew I was watching kino.

BRAVO LUCAS

Lives a planet covered by a shoulder high ocean?

What recordings?

Sheev had a recording of Windu trying to kill him that was dated before Order 66.

what if he stood up and sat down in a chair that was physically occupied by someone else?

he could constantly lean forward and backward so his hologram face would be popping out of the other dudes face and then disappearing into it again

Because holograms are cool

>Why isn't my space fantasy grounded and boring?

making fun of the star wars universe will always be one of my favorite past times

>holograms look like 1950s televisions
>AotC has a scene in a 1950s diner
bravo lucas

>Holograms still aren't in color and still look like shit
They had color tv screens in ep 1, 4 and 5.
Color holograms exist in ep 6 and 7

>ep 7
not canon

>a long time ago in a galaxy far far away
>whole series happens in the 50's
At last, it all makes sense

QUADS OF TRUTH

>OT came out in the late 70s
>PT is set 20 years earlier
HOLY SHIT

wtf i hate jedi council now

Woah

He needs a long neck because his head is so far away from his body

Cunnilingus.

I didn't think it possible, but these threads are getting more and more autistic

Thanks for contributing to the growing autism.

No? Sometimes he's there, sometimes not. The chair is immovable so they just put his hologram in there.

thanks, y-you too

unexpected and underratd desu

Always thought he's dead by now and joined the discussion as force ghost.

They've had advanced tech for thousands of years. The choose from experience. They've probably agreed that indistinguishable holograms are creepy.