The Grand Tour

New episode tonight

Seems it will be more classic Top Gear than that shitfest from last week.

youtube.com/watch?v=ou26q5OVBKA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rvt_4Uii5AU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Good news!
>We've sacked "The American"!

80% of the studio recordings have already been done, they'll get rid of him and that stupid "celebrity dies on the show" joke in the next season at the earliest

wtf were they thinking with that last episode?

let's do some shitty sketch comedy in a car show... it's arlight cause we'll put an audi in it

and that celebrity dies joke got old after the very first one... no need to repeat the same joke 4 times

They could easily edit out his quips. We shall see.

The production is a total shambles. The unedited banter is the only thing keeping the show alive

The "celebrity dies" joke is because they're not legally allowed to copy that part of Top Gear

But you're right, it's just stupid. They didn't even explain the legal element. Why not come up with a new part of the show?

i got that and it was actually funny the first time, but i dont get why they do the same joke over and over again... that's not how a running gag works

I just want them to buy some shitboxes and do challenges in them with minimal scripting so that the comedy comes from a natural situation and not a contrived setpiece

I don't know why people bitch about the second episode. Clarkson warned that sometimes it's gonna be the 3 of them doing stupid shit.

I liked it for what it was, just dumb fun. Honestly, the only bad part of the show is the celebrity dies joke yet again and "the american". Seriously, get rid of him.

I also liked the Top Gear features that were informative.

Like there was parts of Top Gear that had nothing to do with cars, but were still interesting, like little documentaries about the army, or hovercrafts, or something

That desert scene in episode 2 was just awful, awful slapstick comedy

I think it's gotten too big. I think that with a budget that huge, with the production quality, they can't get away with fucking about in some english town

stopped the first ep halfway through and I hope that the public opinion has gone up before I get back on it

>I don't know why people bitch about the second episode. Clarkson warned that sometimes it's gonna be the 3 of them doing stupid shit.

Even though i'm a huge petrolhead, i have zero problems with the "doing stupid shit" part of Top Gear/Grand Tour, but the problem with the latest episode was that they went too far with the contrivedness of the Setpieces.

We all know that Top Gear has always been scripted, but at least it has felt like it was their own words. With the Jordan segment it's like the guys were actually fed lines instead of making something up themselves. The scene with Jeremy being caught in the window where it was implied that the terrorists were butt-raping him felt super-forced and was particularly cringeworthy.

More like Flop Gear, lmao

Yes, take examples from Top Gear:
1. Clarkson flipping over the reliant robin
2. Driving cars on the railroad

Both those bits were scripted and fucking stupid, but it was still funny because it was believable and natural, those were real car stunts they were doing.

What's particularly annoying is that instead of using the budget for bigger and better stunts, they made a retarded action hero skit.

Okay, that scene wasn't good.
Probably pissed off a lot of feminists though, for making fun of rape, so that's something.
The rest of it was fun. Very stupid, yes, but still fun.

Still waiting for my favorite part.
Get some cheap cars and drive somewhere.
That's all I need.

The weird thing is that they haven't learned. The India special was the most scripted by far and everybody hated it, they even acknowledged it on the show.

Now everything is like the India special.

Call of Duty loving dudebros (and they're a large group) probably loved episode 2, so it was worth it to try and get them on board with the show

>Now everything is like the India special.

The first episode was great, but i can see it not being liked by people who don't care about cars and just want to see the 3 guys doing challenges etc.

The Vulcan review was good, too. Only the Jordan segment sticks out as being bad, i hope tonight's episode will show that it was just a fluke.

Chill out people, they are just experimenting a bit.

Less supercars, more travel and more bantz please

Chuck your script writers.

Yes everyone hates the killed celebrities joke and the American, but with a tight not-compete clause from the BBC what could they do?

I loved the track leaderboard and the stig, but they can't use them anymore, what could they do?

I just hope they manage to create something similar but more appealing though, the American is too obnoxious to watch

I loved TG but I can't bring myself to even watch this hearing how much scripted it is even compared to the most recent seasons before they quit, India, etc.

>Implying men can be raped
>Implying white people can be raped by non-white person
Even if they are penetrated, their privilege is preventing them from getting really raped

>what could they do?
That's easy. Come up with something else.

The main problem with "the American" is that he's talking to himself and it isn't funny. They're just trying too hard. You could come up with way better jokes than that.

The killing celebrities thing is pointless. Either come up with a new celebrity challenge or cut it out altogether

I thought they hired Ben Collins.

source?

His ass.

My problem with "the American" is that he's supposed to be driving the car to the absolute limit. If that were true he wouldn't be talking.

I love the American. Fight me, homos

They made a short video. I thought it was a tease for TGT but apparently it was just a joke video from their live show. Though he may make guest appearance.

youtube.com/watch?v=rvt_4Uii5AU

How?

I'm the guy who liked the second episode and even I can't stand him.

Driving the M2: " where I'm from this isn't a car, this is a cry for help"
It's a start. I love the idea of a driver shitting on any car that isn't V8 American muscle, especially when you've been listening to 3 yuros drone on about how great aston martin is

This kind of scene would be much better than "the American".

It really wouldn't be difficult to make a better race driver scene. Anything would be better.

That was a scene from their "Clarkson, Hammond and May" live shows and has nothing to do with the Grand Tour.

>This kind of scene would be much better than "the American".

I hope you realize they can't mention the Stig (or even imply him) in any way or otherwise the BBC lawyers would be right up their ass with a copyright lawsuit.

Which it's why it sucks, it's not about talking performance or comfort or any relevant shit like "it goes faster then other cars", it's just because it's not murican

It tries to be a stereotypical joke but it ends up being an archetypical one and it kills it.

t. American