Why can some celebrities get away with doing awful things, and others can't?

Why can some celebrities get away with doing awful things, and others can't?

By "get away with it", I mean not end up completely hated by society and ruining their careers, so even though Roman Polanski had to flee the country, he gets away with it because he's still making movies and he's not nearly as hated as you'd expect of someone who raped a 13 year old girl.

What did the guy on the top right do? He looks hella creepy.

Woody doesn't belong on there, he was more a victim of dating a psycho chick and media sensationalism (which you fell for).

is that young hitler in the bottom left pic? isn't he like the most hated person in the world?

I tell ya the more I read about that Hitler character the more I don't care for him

top kek

>so even though Roman Polanski had to flee the country, he gets away with it because he's still making movies and he's not nearly as hated as you'd expect of someone who raped a 13 year old girl.

It happened 50 years ago so people either forgot or don't know about it (some younger people don't even know who Polanski is and so can't complain about it on their twitter). Same thing will hapen to Allen soon.

Top right is Peter Bogdanovich. After his girlfriend was murdered by her estranged husband, he started dating her 14 year old sister.

As for Woody, regardless of whether or not he molested his daughter, which no one can really no for sure but I assume he's innocent until proven guilty, the whole thing with Soon-Yi was really creepy and immoral.

Woody Allen did nothing wrong.

because raping a 13 year old girl is something humans have done for centuries and despite modern day morality being such that we despise these people, by historical standards it's not that bad. Thus it's easy to, not forgive per se, but gloss over.

Opposite for me tbqhwyf

Chaplin dindu nuffin

He was way creepier than Woody. Knocked up a 15 year old.

He was asking for it... what was he supposed to do?

He spilled the beans about Tony Soprano

>15
What's the big deal? Can't you fuck 15 yo in your country?

wtf I hate Chaplin now!

>the whole thing with Soon-Yi was really creepy and immoral.
It's definitely weird, at least.

Didn't Luc Besson date and knock up a 15 year old while he was in his mid thirties around the time he made Léon?

Am I not going to watch Chinatown or Repulsion because of what Polanski did as a person? Nah, the movie is separate from the being.

Idk about knocking her up but his girlfriend did apear in the film at the start

Chaplin did nuthin wrong tho

Something like that. He also left her while pregnant for Mila Jovovich IIRC.

>He was way creepier than Woody. Knocked up a 15 year old.
Yeah, in the 1930s.

He was the most famous person in the world during a time when age was no real limit. No shit he got in on that.

>Runs over some litterally-whos
We've all been there man, I hope he learns to forgive himself

>3 jews and a big fan of jews

Pure coincidence.

European lives are worthless.

that's melfi's shrink. what the fuck is he doing there?

>removing micks

He deserves a medal desu

Thanks Mohammed

It's just that I'm surprised it didn't end his career and he's still making movies with celebrities.

YOU JUST KNOW

>implying most of celebs aren't disconnected-from-reality assholes and gigantic hypocrites

user...

The definition of rape is very loose in Sweden where it happened with Polanski.

Of course, I'm mainly discussing this with americans who are told that sex with your spouse without asking for written permission can be considered rape, so ...

Polanski raped the 13yo girl in Jack Nicholson's house in LA.

BECAUSE
THEY
ARE
J-WORD

When did this happen ?

1973. I'm not sure what you are talking about when you mentioned Sweden with Polanski.

It didn't. It's just antisemitic garbage that neo-nazis like to parrot.

Yeah nvm, I mixed Polanski with Julian Assange, I'm really stupid today.

I have absolutely no idea about Polanski then.

Woody literally did nothing wrong research it properly

Chaplin's granddaughter was Robb Stark's wife.

His grandson makes pretty good shit too desu