Lolita reboot when?

The last time they made this movie was 1997 and absolutely nobody gave a shit. I feel like this is fertile grounds for a reboot. It's old, it's controversial, most people have heard about it or read it. It was written by an objectively good writer although because the success was so tied to his prose I don't know how well you could translate it to film.

Who would you cast as Lolita? As Humbert Humbert? Is it even possible to make this movie good?

You can't make it. In order for the film to have the same impact as the book, you have to show an adult man doing horribly inappropriate things with a young girl. You can write about whatever you want, but you can't actually show it.

Kubrick's movie was pretty good. Too much Sellars though.

They need to make her younger.
How is it supposed to be controversial when Lolita looks like a fully developed woman?
I get that this was the only way to get the movie done in the 60s. But in the 90s? They should've known better.

>and absolutely nobody gave a shit
Wtf... Everybody loves 1997 Lolita.

Cast her before she gets too old. We don't have much time.

She's already too old. Maybe her younger sister, but again, you can't film a girl that young making out with an adult man. I'm surprised they did it in the 90's movie and that girl was 15, which is already too old for the character.

I'm tired of Lolita adaptions.

I want other Nabokov novels to have a chance of getting a film adaption.

With how popular incest is. Ada or Ardor would be perfect right now.

Also Wes anderson would be a good director if there was another Lolita adaption.

>millolita

Idris Elba as Humbert

Get some taste, you perverted mong.

>Maybe her younger sister,
yes, yesss

no, you!

Don't be racist. Only whites are perverts.

Lolita should be a 20-year-old black woman, and Humbert a sweaty 30-year-old white man.

I dunno, look at the current sociological climate. I don't think a kid would need to get movie-fucked on screen to make it controversial. How often do people even make movies where the main character is a pedophile? Or how about how much more obsessed with political correctness our country has become, the ubiquity of feminist blogs and the media's propensity to turn blog activity into stories etc.

>American Beauty

it's already been done the right way, senpai.

The novel wasn't really explicit about their relationship.

It was really just a lot of allusion and then fade to black.

>Political correctness
>feminazis

go back to the 'ddit, fag.

I understand why you'd think that from my post but I'm actually not involved with Sup Forums, TRP, gamergate, or any "anti-feminist, SJW boogeyman" type bullshit. Nonetheless I can't deny that there is a huge difference between 1997 and today in terms of the way the public and media interact about things. They talk more and it's more of a 2-way street. Vocal minorities get picked up more. And I think a Lolita movie would provoke a lot more talking today than in 1997. It's not like society has gotten cooler about kidfucking.

I came up with somethingalong the lines of that. An all black Lolita set in the 1970s. Old professor gets entangled with head proncipals youngest daughter. It takes place in a southern college town. Quilty is now a very popular soul singer. I was really stoned and just followed a really interesting train of thought once and happened upon this little premise. I call it Loleesha

>Loleesha

honestly that's kind of a great idea. I mean I know all of the racists here would be upset at the idea of niggerwashing Lolita, but from a marketing standpoint it might get way more attention than just remaking Lolita yet again with white people

Or an Asian one.

Lo Lee Xia

>Loleesha
I keked hard.