I'm on a rather tight budget (for audiophile standards at least) since Christmas is coming up...

I'm on a rather tight budget (for audiophile standards at least) since Christmas is coming up, and my headphones just broke. What are some great over-ear headphones for about $50? Could go up to 60 if I had to. They only have to isolate and sound well enough to enjoy music. I basically don't care about the design at all.

Other urls found in this thread:

monoprice.com/product?p_id=8323
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

stop being a poorfag if you want good headphones. Anyway at that price point, I'd recommend either Superlux HD 681 or Audio Technica ATH-M20x.

>Stop being a poorfag
And poof, that's how I suddenly became rich

But thanks for the recommendations! I'll look into them.

Get a job

poof you can afford $150 dollar headphones

I'm studying biology right now, which takes up about 90% of all free time I have. I wish I could get a job, but a dumb faggot like me has to study a lot more than others for the same results.

Semi-related (and yes I know I could probably just ask Sup Forums), but I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on these. What do you think?

kek me too man, what year are you

Second year. So far it's been quite stressful, but I imagine that it can only get worse.

akg y50s? little bit above budget but they're on sale for $50 on the akg website right now

I have those and like em. I accidentally snapped one side of the headphones though =(.

i'm gonna post it here because Sup Forums wasn't very helpful, pls don't hate

>Budget
50$
>Source
cellphone, for music only and for traveling only
>Type of headphone
no IEMs
>Open or closed
closed i guess, i don't care much about this
>Comfort level
comfy i guess
>Sound signature
neutral i guess, i've never heard the bass because i used to bought shit headphones, i don't want something to blast my ears but it would be nice to hear the bass if i listen to bassy music

just buy earbuds m8

this user knows what's up. The M20xs are the best you can get at that price.

>for traveling only
>closed i guess, i don't care much about this
You don't know what you're talking about don't you. You need closed backed headphones if you're traveling. Open backed headphones leak sound, but have a wider soundstage. They are generally preferred by audiophiles but are meant to be listened to at home.

ok

Monoprice 8323's

monoprice.com/product?p_id=8323

Save up and get Sennheisers. 518, 558, 598, and HD 6xx are all good. Whether you get Sennheisers or not, you should save up IMO. The difference between lower tier and mid tier headphones can be big.

The ones I listed are open but closed ones sound like shit. Just get cheapish earbuds for traveling and good open ones for everything else.

this. Unless you travel a LOT, I'd use a good pair of earbuds when your out, and about and a pair of open backs for home use.

8323, $16, closed back, collapsible & removable cable socket= very portable for closed back phones, great sound for the price, easily replaceable if stolen/lost.

don't let fagheiser above send you down a shit road

>Sup Forums wasn't very helpful
when has Sup Forums ever been helpful? the amount of elite/smug-fuckery that place is full of could make some hyper-progressives fucking implode.

Audio Technica ATH-M20x are nice, can anyone advise something like this with a built in microphone?

Audio-Technica's M series is the best value for money. Would personally recommend. Flat EQ and all. 3m cable is kinda annoying tho

I have ATH-M50x's, They have a V eq. Only truly flat eq I've seen under $100 is sony mdr-60