Why are classic movies so boring? pic related

why are classic movies so boring? pic related
it's like old timers had no clue how to make an entertaining movie

They're not boring you're just ADD and have no appreciation for the craft and subtly of expert filmmaking. Best to stick with Marvel and Transformers

It's fine if you think it's boring, but The Godfather is objectively not a boring film.

It's another
>Special snowflake redditor claims that widely praised masterpiece standing the test of time for almost half a century is boring thread
I bet 2001 is boring too, and Martin Scorsese is just pretending it's his favorite movie, right?

Not OP, but I'm trying to get into classic film but it's hard. I think internet and video games ruined my attention span. I know they're probably interesting, but I just always end up watching it in the background while browsing Sup Forums or playing vidya and because you really have to pay attention I just get lost and end up turning it off.

Just watch Cuckoo's nest, Paths of Glory and 12 Angry Men

They are very entertraining

12 angry men is surprisingly entertaining despite its premise. Far more than The Godfather.

If you wanna get into Coppola start with Apocalypse Now.

Here's some older films that hold up well:
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
Dirty Harry
Jaws
Singin' in the Rain
Blade Runner
12 Angry Men
Cool Hand Luke
Sunset Boulevard
Rear Window

Try to find an older director you like and watch there stuff, find similar directors or films, and repeat.

Yeah, well done dialogue heavy movies are pure kino

I've tried watched a few of these and the same thng happened. I think I'm ruined.

maybe film just isn't for you

don't try to force it, find another passion

the only thing closest to a passion in my life is Sup Forums

I used to think like you. Then I grew up.

what makes "an entertaining movie"

Quit video games and tv
Start reading and playing Chess. It'll make you a better person

Why is OP such a retarded bigot? It's like it's parents didn't have a clue on how to make a non retarded kid...

It can't even troll properly on an anonymous board the poor thing... hey little buddy, why don't you go watch transformers or something. You don't belong here.

Best bait I've seen in weeks.

No, I don't have ADD, I'm not too young and I'm not baiting. The Godfather is a boring movie where nothing happens. Any good blockbuster made after the 90s is more entertaining. Any episode of The Breaking Bad has more substance and entertainment than this movie.

Millenials everyone. You have shit taste and should feel shitty. If you can't appreciate The Godfather you'll never be a real man

>No, I don't have ADD, I'm not too young and I'm not baiting.

You are though... it also seems that you have a pathological need for attention that could be rooted on the fact that your parents neglected you and nobody seems to give a shit about you IRL.

Maybe if you had any taste on movies someone would give a shit about you.

It's not classic movies that are the problem, The Godfather just happens to be boring.

There are plenty of great classics, that just happens to be one with a very over-inflated reputation.

>Any good blockbuster made after the 90s is more entertaining
You realize this is a nonsense definition of entertaining right

"good = entertaining"

>muh big man movies
off yourself

You are projecting. I have the best taste in movies in my social circle. I only choose not to watch any movie made before 1990 because they are so shitty

rec me a classic movie that isn't boring
i've seen all the movies mentioned ITT so far

what I mean is that a movie that's supposedly one of the best of all time (Godfather) happens to be worse than any semi-decent blockbuster made after 1990

A for effort tho

>I have the best taste in movies in my social circle

ylyl thread?

Tokyo Drifter

you can thank me later

If you consider 70s movies to be "classics," I'd recommend Death Race 2000

If you find it boring there's something wrong with you

>I have the best taste in movies in my social circle

That only means your social circle is shittier than you are, not that you actually have taste.
It also shows that you are a kid.

That's a fact. My friends always come to me asking what to watch on Netflix. I was even called a "movie buff" sometimes

>foreign movie
You expect me to watch a movie with subtitles and not be bored? Kek
I'll give it a try anyway, Oldboy surprised me

added it to my watchlist, thanks

you're not allowed to be a movie buff if you scoff at the godfather, sorry kiddo

Also, fuck you, foreign films are patrician

Go for real classics:

Scarface (1932)
The Public Enemy (1931)
Little Caesar(1931)
The Killing (1956)
Angels with Dirty Faces (1938)
The Grapes of Wrath (1940)
The Roaring Twenties (1939)