Wtf did I just watch? It felt like I was attending a pretentious art installation than watching a movie

wtf did I just watch? It felt like I was attending a pretentious art installation than watching a movie

Can anybody explain what the hell happened, I don't want to resort to incomplete wiki articles

Low IQ media for videogame players

Did you watch the series? It will make even less sense if you don't watch it.

The second half is basically a visualization of all life on Earth being melted together and "rebooted"

When a Japanese work bears a resemblance to a Western work--on purpose or not--it's a rip-off. When a Western work resembles anything else, it's a homage or inspiration.

Something about a conspiracy for people to turn into orange juice and become one based of a prophecy or something. And then Sinji rejects it or something and turns back to normal but the world's fucked or something.

Yes I watched the series but it was quite a long time ago, probably should have rewatched before hand.

Also why did Shinji wank over Asuka's unconscious body?
I know shes hot and all but that was just a bit of a weird thing to open the movie on

But Tarkovsky wasn't "western" work. Picture related is what your post would go with, Rica

>But Tarkovsky wasn't "western" work
This is the defense you're going with? Really? Jesus.

>p-please explain it to me!

I cringed

Well yeah considering when western directors steal from steal from Tarkovsky and the likes the same thing is said.

You do know who these directors are correct? You're not just an imbecile that replies to every post in hopes of getting the last reply are you, creepy mal stalker man?

If I remember the end of evangelion movie was not wanted by the creator, he had finished the series the way he wanted and thought that was that, so when he was forced to bring it back and "explain" things properly he decided to take a giant shit on the fans by fucking up all the characters and leaving things even more fucked up then the original ending.

Nobody ever says it. There is one standard for Japan and and another one for the West.

>You do know who these directors are correct? You're not just an imbecile that replies to every post in hopes of getting the last reply are you, creepy mal stalker man?
What the hell are you talking about?

> the madoka autist is at it again
Oh boy here we go

It takes real skill to get Evangelion and Madoka mixed up together.

>Nobody ever says it
Yes they do. The last director was Alejandro Inarritu for The Revenant. Step outside of your capeshit and imdb cartoon bubble sometimes.
>What the hell are you talking about?
Oh yeah its you alright. How did you get away with it?
Did you get all the creepy as fuck videos removed too?

>The last director was Alejandro Inarritu for The Revenant.
So what?

>Step outside of your capeshit and imdb cartoon bubble sometimes.
I don't live in any such bubble.

>Oh yeah its you alright. How did you get away with it?
>Did you get all the creepy as fuck videos removed too?
The fuck are you talking about?

>I know shes hot and all but that was just a bit of a weird thing to open the movie on
if you remember the series sinji is an autistic fuck and pretty much an unlikeable character besides his abilities with the eva.
you are not supposed to like very much his character.

It /is/ a bit clever with the remakes being sequels and everything.

An emotionally stunted kid had all of his friends leave him, die, go into a coma, or shut themselves off in depression. Shinji was desperate for some positive feelings and was in a bad place so he does something disgusting.
stupid bullshit theory that's not true at all. EoE is originally intended ending that he couldn't afford

it isn't clever or true

I didn't mix anything.

It's also dubious that Anno could be forced into doing anything.

Then who is being a Madoka autist here? Nobody mentioned it.

It is true, we can argue about whether it's clever.

get into the dragonzord bumblebee.

A lot of it is an allusion to jungian themes like the individual vs collective self, the collective subconscious, and the godhead. It also references a bunch of spooky gnostic lore with regards to Lilith and the demiurge. It comes across as pretentious psychological weirdness if you aren't familiar with either, and is still questionably esoteric if you are.

No
The only proof is "oh the ending shots of show are similar to starting shots of reboots!!" which is irrelevant and "the water is red!" which canonically it should have been in the original series too. It doesn't make sense that after third impact tie would reset and almost identical events would happen with the character's having absolutely no memories of it.

Nah it's a rip off when Westerners do it too, but I can only think of Outlaw Star and the lion anime.

Is the guy making Stalker webms around? I would like one of the scene with the cancerous""snow""

I don't know why but I just find it upsetting.

The characters say it in dialog. 'oh, you're the third angel this time?'

The best animated kino ever made. Nothing compares.

I don't get why people much prefer the ending of EoE to the anime series. I mean it is great at first, but then it spends about 20 minutes just showing live-action footage with a voiceover. It's clear the director had no idea how to end the series, or wanted to have an unconventional ending for the sake of it.

The last scene is good, the 20 minutes before it is terrible.

the live scene is only 4 minutes

did you watch the same movie?

NGE is the longest running Sup Forums meme of all time on Sup Forums.

For years now we've all been lying to each other pretending that it's a really good anime and deep, and that if you can't understand that you're a simple minded plebian. Frankly I can't do this anymore. The weight on my conscious and the same is too much for me now.

It's pretentious shit wank of flashing biblical text and teenage angst. I'm sorry OP if anyone told you otherwise.

This 10/10 Kino gave me epilepsy

>It felt like I was attending a pretentious art installation
You just answered yourself user. It was made literally to give you a sense of 2deep4me and anyone saying it has some kind of meaning is lying because it hasn't.

Why do anime threads always get so much copypasta shit?

DUDE EVERYTIME WE EXPLAIN ONE THING LETS ADD 3 MORE UNANSWERED QUESTIONS LMAO

Shinji and Gendo are both introverted autists if the manga is canon.

>if it's anime it can't have any meaning, i won't allow it

true

Stay mad.

This. I don't understand why some people get so irrationally angry at it. Its not easy to read but it's not like Anno just threw a bunch of symbols in and went "dude lmao I'm the best there is"

superior anime kino

Eva is more enjoyable if you ignore the plot and focus on the story. The plot is a fucking maze and I think it's supposed to be that way since everything (((Seele))) related is based on David Icke tier nonsense. The seastones was a mystery at the time of airing buy this became very outdated in a few years. Some things are also lost in translation, like crosses being assumed by non japs to be a Christian reference, when in Japan crosses are just an instrument of torture ever since some feudal lord started doing it after missionaries told him how Jesus was killed. In older anime crosses are commonly used in this context.

IMO it's better to make sense of the actions and interactions of the characters through a psychoanalytic lens.

An anime women will never understand

Did I hear anime kino?

Stay low IQ and videogame mindset.

>but why did the wolves eat her???

God I hate women watching movies

Someone post the image with all the proofs

why the fuck would water be red?
the manga ending literally ends with life going on with all memory of third impact erased REEEEEEEEE

>almost identical events can't happen

retard the main character turned into god and rebooted everything, then the movie ended 5 minutes later. you have no capacity to decide what is logical or necessary about the events that follow afterwards.

But I am not "low IQ and video game mindset."

Neither was the post I responded to.

stale pasta is stale

Pollution from second impact
and then is left in a barren wasteland