Why is the mummy a woman?

So progressive!

I thought Enchantress was defeated

MOMMY

Where the fuck is Brendan Fraser?

IT'S NOT THE SAME

Looks like absolute antikino

shitskin twitter just memers need to apply for real cinema

Girls rule. Women are mummy. Get over it.

Where is Brendan?

>here comes Sup Forums to pretend that:
>brendan fraser wasn't b-tier shit
>the mummy franchise wasn't b-tier shit

sad

I had no idea Russell Crow would be in this. He should be the lead actor.

JUST

Sorry, but the only female mummy I need in my life is the one who brings my tendies

Because it would have been The Daddy you fucking retard

Of course it was. That's why Sup Forums will pretend to like it more.

M..MUMMY?

The orginal 1999 one with Brendan is still the best one. Sorry, but it is.

>you now remember that shitty Scorpion King CGI

no Brendan, no interest

you dont understant how Sup Forums works. this is really sad

>The orginal 1999 one

This will never be topped. Fuck all you nu-male faggots getting hyped for this shit.

BECAUSE ITS THE CURRENT YEAR, GOY

Why not?

Theres been mummified females found

>they will NEVER top Brendan Fraser for the protagonist
>they will NEVER top Karloff as The Mummy
Why. fucking. bother. They probably won't even use the "muh reincarnated waifu" plot and just make the femme mummy some strong independent monster who wuz queen an shieet.

hell, I'll take that campy stuff over this remake anyday

I just explained I did tripfaggot

nah that should have never been allowed

>it's not gonna be campy
FUCKING DROPPED

>I'll take the Scorpion King over a movie I haven't even seen yet.

Nah you don't understand this place. Go to reddit m8

>Hey Benny! Looks like you're on the wrong side of the WAGE GAP

Miss me yet?

Holy fuck that looks shitty. Who thought that shot of the eyes looked good enough to ever use?

yeah what the fuck?

Cruise and Crowe in the same movie is like 2000-2010 #1 box office tier

Dunno how it is in 2016

or what, you gonna downvote me?

Yay another generic action film that is gonna take itself too serious...

>not called "The Mommy"
DROPPED

>mummy
>white

I can't wait to read Shaun "talcum X" Kang's inevitable click bait.

>ITT: ppl doubting Tom Cruise and Russel Crowe's incoming banter

cmon now folks

of course its a woman, im shocked she isn't black.

Christ isn't Cruise in his 70s by now?
They should have hired someone younger.

Friendly reminder that Russell Crowe is playing Dr Jekyll

Budget: $200 Million
Wordwide Gross: $350 Million

WE

Yay another frogposter that is take movies too serious...

Tom Kino always delivers.

As an archaeologist at a leading university, I too am surprised they didn't cast someone of African descent as the mummy
I thought we were past this white-washing bullshit

This is it. The trailer will be the final push over the edge

VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN!

I hope this movie isn't all grimdark. The first one was good because it had that lighter adventure tone.

The Mummy? More like the "I Personally And Respectfully Won't Be Watching This Movie Because It Just Doesn't Seem To Me To Be As Interesting As The Originals, And I Find The Remake Rather Unnecessary; Furthermore, The Female Villain Looks Very Generic And Way Too Reminiscent of Suicide Squad's Villain In a Way That Poses a Threat To The Movie's Identity, However, I Do Not Plan To Sabotage This, Nor Am I Passionate Enough About The Franchise To Hate It On a Deep Level, So I'll Just Refrain From Enjoying It From Now On, Now That I've Seen That It Really Isn't Tailored To My Particular Liking, Which Is Alright, No Biggie", am I right?

the movie is more action-adventure

The Mummy worked because of the time setting and the B-movie feel of it all, it was the perfect amount of cheese and thrills plus a hint of horror and prime Rachel Weisz. This will make them some money because you can't ruse the Cruise, but it's just not the same and I can't even fake interest.

kek'd

yes, you are

More like the Mummy franchise were such shitty a-movies they felt like b-movies

I just wanted to see pic related

>not wanting a seductive horror bitch that gets destroyed by Cruise in the end
Literally Faggy McRedditor

BOYCOTT THIS MOVIE
CAN'T ERASE THE FRASE

>not liking the original Mummy aka the best Indiana Jones movie of the last two decades

I seriously thought Jay and Mike were joking when they said that Universal wanted to make a Universal Monsters Cinematic Universe. But I guess I'm ok with it. The Rock is suppose to play the Wolf Man.

But that's just the thing you retard, it isn't the original. They're both remakes of a much older film.

yummy mummy

IMOUTO

IMOUTO

IMOUTO

IMHOTEP

IMHOTEP

IMHOTEP

#boycottthemummy

Who's with me guys?

>you retard
no need to go into defense mode, I won't hurt your mummy
>remakes
>implying I care about a dusty ass movie where people rolled in toilet paper act as antagonists
Apply yourself

I'm just gonna pirate it like anything else, not like I was gonna watch this in theaters, just like I didn't watch the 90s shitty movies in theaters

>Russell Crowe
>Dr. Henry Jackyl

And it suddenly becomes clear. The tagline is "Welcome to the new world of gods and monsters", which is one of the worst I've heard. This is some shared universe bullshit. Crowe will be set up for his own Jackyl/Hyde movie, and the mummy is a woman to appease the Twitter warriors who will complain that there aren't any female monsters in their movies. Since they can't do Wolfwoman, The Mummy and The Creature From the Black Lagoon are the obvious picks for female monsters.

Is S̶a̶m̶ ̶J̶a̶c̶k̶s̶o̶n Charles Dance going to show up at the end to recruit the Cruise for his Monster Mash team, or is this a reboot?

Is there some kind of unwrittenn rule in hollywood that there are no fun action films to be made anymore?

what

they can still do the bride of frankenstein

Why don't you mansplain to me some more about how you hate women?

They will.

first one was a good action / family fun film desu

holy fuck thats funny

ehm yes

>Egyptians
>mummyfying a gril

(lol

They would rape that chick before killing her then burning her body

she is in charge

The audio from that trailer gave me Alien vibes

Underrated

>she took his money
>(((they))) took his Mummy
>now he's out for revenge
>this summer Brendan Fraser is Out for JUSTice

This.
No brendan = no visit to the theaters for me

Someone think of a way they could portray the most mind blowing cameo to date with Brendan

He was the best part of that movie

We waz queens and shit

>Mummy
>tacticool era

Will we find good ISIS?

that's just retarded

If it's as comfy as the others who gives a fuck if it's good.

>In summary: The Mummy is a lady now and Tom Cruise runs from stuff. That's cool; movies need more great lady-villains, and Tom Cruise is one of the best runners in cinema. If we're honest, though, these 15 seconds of footage don't get us hyped for a full trailer as much as it makes is miss Brendan Fraser.

>Fraser has gone a bit dark as of late—like a lot of actors, he's showing up on a prestige drama these days (Showtime's The Affair), and his last two movie appearances were as a voice in 2014's The Nut Job and the 2013 indie flick Gimme Shelter. The days of Brendan Fraser being the center of big fun action-adventures like the Mummy trilogy are over, and that's a damn shame. Sure, he's no Christian Bale—but that's what makes him great. You don't need every action movie actor to go Method for six months and really become the character. Sometimes you just need a guy who's here to have fun and make funny-ass faces at the camera. Brendan Fraser is great at that.

>Oh man, Brendan Fraser is in this, I wonder what crazy shit that guy will do.....

Can I ask something?

When was the last time Hollywood replaced the YOUNGER actor with the OLDER actor?

I mean, Tom is OLDER than Brendan, seven years older. It's just so weird to me. I honestly don't remember a single instance of that ever happening in hollywood

Hopefully Crowe saves it. If this role goes bad for him I could see it totally becoming a Val Kilmer situation

>tfw no mummy gf