4. Ryan Zimmerman (R) 1B
5. Daniel Murphy (L) 2B
6. Anthony Rendon (R) 3B
7. Matt Wieters (S) C
8. Michael Taylor (R) CF
9. Stephen Strasburg (R) P

What a lazy copy paste.

cubs

in b4 a metric fuck ton of cubbies Illinois political shitposts.

call the meme police

Someone is jealous of the superior state that is Illinois.

Also rejoice, the blight of Montero is gone from the Cubs.

Nats desu senpai

Lackey pitching.......

JUST

You're welcome

meeting drumpf has him on supermerica mode. fully expecting him to pitch a no hitter

I, for one, welcome our new Bruce Hopper Overlord

> Lackey pitching good at all

And there's the mandatory Cubs give up a run in the first.

I have the weirdest boner right now.

Can't flim flam the Zim Zam

MD>VA>IL>DC

hes gonna look really good in a cubs uniform

kek
It'll be Yaks or Nats. Cubs don't even factor.

Keep telling yourself that. Cubs are a destination team

He literally said he wants to play for the cubs you imbecile

> it's another cubs strike out 15 times a game episode

wrong

fake news

>doesn't want a form a super-battery with his friend from junior league
>on a top team in a relevant city that can afford him

Color me shocked, lackey getting hammered.

It's cool. Rizzo will play well in a Nats uni.
Back to back Jacks.

Jesus Christ why do we even play games when lackey pitches? Let's just forfeit the game and rest our players.

friendly reminder that Lackey is a free agent after this season and will likely retire

You claim he'd like to play for the Cubs, but the million dollar question is will he take a lower pay to chase rings?

That's the entire reason Zoberist, Lackey and Heyward signed with the Cubs. They could have gotten larger contracts elsewhere, but went ring chasing instead.

Christ on a stick, call the pen already

>Dem Nats blowin' it up

The cubs have one of the lowest salary caps in the league. They can pay him. Heyward is the 2nd highest paid outfielder. Hed getting paid welll. Zobrist makes a decent salary for what he's worth. Lackey is a worthless shit. No one would have paid his old ass

Zobrist and Lackey are both aging and aware of it though, Hayward is really the only one that did obvious ring chasing, he gave up a shit ton of cash to play in Chicago

> Lackey so shook he's throwing wild pitches all over the place. Jesus Christ is he shit

my nipples are erect

also nats i like your broadcasting team

Lackey to dfa when? Let's bring up some triple a kid. He can't be worse.

Jesus Christ. How did this team ever win the Series?

So nobody's talking about Miggy getting canned for hurting of feewings, huh?

I blame Trump, he sucks the live force out of everyone he meets just to keep his own ass above water.

Also when it rains, it pours.

This desu there is no way some guy in AAA would be as bad as Angry Bird

jesus christ I was looking forward to watching this tonight

is lester pitching tommorow at least?

Me too. I don't know why people shit on FP. He's fun.

Nope. He sucked anyways.

Theo made a great point about having all those young guys and setting an example for for a team should work. Dysfunctional locker rooms who put each other down are cancer. Wouldn't expect nats fans to under stand winning team chemistry

Everyone played well last year and some guys had career years at the same time.
This year everyone is worse in basically every conceivable way. I expected some regression but I didn't think the entire team shit the bed this bad all at the same time

if Caratini is getting called up, why not Carasiti?

100% meme magic

Beat an imploding Giants team
Beat an injured LA team
Beat an injured Cleveland team
Did anyone ever have an easier path through the playoffs than the Cubs? They should have to return the trophy.

I think it was a stupid move. He's a 280 hitter with a 360 obp, but let's fire him because he runs his mouth. Managers with no leadership love to use shit like unity and disharmony as an excuse for things like this but it's just a solution looking for a problem, and does absolutely nothing to solve the problems with this 500 ball club. Shame.

He looks like he should be pushing a shopping cart full of old newspapers and aluminum cans and mumbling to himself about aliens and the govt.

Montero is an awful defensive catcher. He's allowed over 30 steals this season without throwing out a single runner, and can't frame a pitch for shit.

Offensively, his numbers thus far are good (if not great), but fluky if you consider how badly he hit the last few seasons

>also jettisoning dead weight on an aging back-up catcher earning $14 million this season

He was .220 and has a noodle arm that EVERY runner that attempted to steal on him successful did so.

He was shit and should be grateful people right remember him fondly for that grand slam in the playoffs.

Ha ha wow man you really showed cub fans

He plays half as many games as most players being a catcher, and I agree it's a bit much for him to go off on Arrieta given his own record regarding allowing stolen bases, but it's short sighted to fire him. He's still an asset. Send him down to AAA to cool off for a while. Don't give him to some other team to snap up.

They still have to pay him, even if he signs with another team.
>lrn to baseball rules

Cubs need to work on their pitching, if Montero can be put into a package trade deal for that, it's a win win.

.286 this season, .260 career. But he's a 50% player. Rizzo fomented just as much disharmony but 49 rbi gives you a get-out-jail card.

Money isn't an issue for the cubs. Its about the principle of the matter. When you're some back up role player with a bad attitude that shit doesn't fly. Its cancerous to the locker room when you got a guy like that. It was the right move. He offers no positives being on a field.

He gets a free pass because he's a good defender and teammate. Montero is neither of those.

He was released. He's gone. There's no one to trade. Agree about the pitching though.

Montero had to go for throwing his pitcher under the bus. Catchers can't do that. They just can't.

Having said that, Maddon was retarded for pairing a slow-delivery pitcher with a noodle arm catcher, and deserves criticism.

FUCK YOU theo, trade rizzo now for fukken pitchers and mid relievers. fuck strop, fuck rondon, fuck carl, fuck mike, fuck the korean, fuck lackey, fuck jake, fuck lester

Maddon is by far a meme manager. Hos silly antics are nonsense. It worked last year cause the team constantly bailed him out. The way he managed game 7 it looked like he tried to throw the game. I'm not sold on him. Maddon is good a judging character. He puts pitchers in based on muh lefty muh righty meme. He gets constantly exposed for pitching changes.

>He was released.

He was DFA'd

Cubs?

Can't fire the manager that won you the series.
Can't fire stupid owners either.

based willy

WILLY

And that's what a GOOD catcher does.

Stop being autistic. He's not coming back

The owners are good. They turned the franchise around in record time. You're a fool to think otherwise.

obviously not but a DFA means he CAN get traded

They have 10 days to decide what to do with him. He's still a member of the cubs organization.

He's not going to get traded. Matt szcur is a great example of an option to dfa for a trade. Miggy is going to rot on the waiver wire. No one wants to pick up a catcher with that contract to ride bench and bitch at the pitchers

At least he's still tradable then, but will anyone want a mouthy bus driver?

he told the truth about jake...lester is worst than jake. Cubs players like cubs fans dont want to hear the truth. This team stink

>The owners are good.
The owner's are good? Turning Wrigley Field into Miller Park South? Driving up ticket prices? Clark the Cub?

What's next? A 5th inning Bear Race? Shit on them and their money grubbing.

>lester is worse than jake

badbait/10

also nice english hector im calling ICE right now

You're a faggot. Ticket prices are dictated by supply and demand. Go back to being miserable and having 0 world series. We got the ring, now you're not happy. Seriously kys.

I know that, you know that, Arrieta knows that, everyone knows that, but you don't throw your pitcher under the bus. You stand in front of your locker and say, "I have to do a better job off throwing out base stealers."

your both idiots for replying to him

Stop trying to defend yourself Montero. You dun fucked up by shitting on a teammate in front of the press. That's a cardinal sin when it comes to being a good teammate in a down turn.

Arrieta needs to work on his shit, but you tell that to him in private, not in front of the world to save your own ass when you're a pathetic pile of shit that can't throw out anyone stealing.

He's as good as gone. Don't be a technical douche. I bet you try to refute the sky isn't blue because electrons entering the atmosphere spinning at a certain frequency is what makes color.

I'm a Cub fan you dolt. I'm sick of paying $300 to see a game in seats that used to cost $30 when I was a kid. There hasn't been that kind of inflation in the last 20 years anywhere except ballparks and hospitals. Shit on them!

as good as gone=/=gone

photons, stupid.

fuck you rizzo, you did exactly what I did...what a fukken hypocrisy

>Cubs' bats are coming alive
>Lackey finally pitched a clean inning
>Now 3-6
SNAAAKE! IT'S NOT OVER YET!

don't forget the spectacle that was the home opener this year...

don't look, but the Cubs are alive

> $300

I went to a bleacher game for $50 this year. Where the fuck are you sitting? Luxury box seats? You're being a dramatic faggot.

Rizzo is currently doing what you can't do Monty, hit and play defense.

That's why he gets away with killing a catcher.

Brain dead =/= dead

Literally what's the point.

How soon you forget how I saved your ass with a grand slam against the dodgers. That alone should had allow me to tell Jake he's a fukken faggot. Fuck You Cubs

Shit on the younger players too for being a bunch of bitches. The pitchers and older players are all siding with Montero and this firing is driving an even bigger wedge through the clubhouse.

Two sections back from the dugout. Those people were paying a grand or more for those seats by the field. It was a Tardinals game though. Bleacher seats were like $7-10 back then so how does that $50 feel?

>Saved
>We already had the lead.
>Doylers load the bases because they though t he'd shit the bed like you normally do
Good job padding the score.

I hope you get traded to the Who so Rizzo can barrel into you during the cross town cup.

I've sat behind the dugout recently too. It doesn't cost a $1000. Maybe for a playoff game you massive sperg. But certainly not regular season.

Monterotits or gtfo!

if kris is hurt im gonna kms

baseball gods will curse the cubs for this bullshit...Bryant is killed

crazy uncle joe is crazy. He should had place Monty on the 10 day now the cubs wont make the playoffs again for the next 110 years

Over half our starting line up is dead now.

Twisted ankle. It'll be okay

torn ACL out for the year... rizzo is next for his hypocrisy