Can we all agree this is his top 5 albums?

Can we all agree this is his top 5 albums?

(1) Low
(2) Station to Station
(3) "Heroes"
(4) Ziggy Stardust
(5) Hunky Dory

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OwuuDpwPYxo
moredarkthanshark.org/eno_int_mm-may79b.html
dailymotion.com/video/x59bv6m
youtube.com/watch?v=gi2Bqk77jF4&feature=youtu.be
5years.com/jtswdb.htm
web.archive.org/web/20140320174125/http://themoscownews.com/arts/20130820/191866656/Space-Odyssey-on-the-Trans-Siberian-Bowie-in-the-USSR.html
5years.com/doom.htm
calvertjournal.com/photography/show/5291/bowie-trans-siberian-moscow-red-square-iggy-pop
youtube.com/watch?v=JQ1B-jJNIPY
youtube.com/watch?v=qbIy37IOYBQ
bowiestation.com/torrents.php?cat=4
bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05077kd
youtu.be/i7jygsjZkvU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I listened to Heroes for the first time yesterday after downloading the discog and it's top tier. I haven't listened through Low yet but I listened to Warsawsa and it's really really good

1. Ziggy
2. Station to Station
3. Heroes
4. Hunky Dory
5. Low
Objectively

yep this is 100% correct

1- Heroes
2- Station to Station
3- Low
4- Ziggy Stardust
5- Hunky Dory or Lodger

>no Heathen

will we get Blaze on Jan 8?
youtube.com/watch?v=OwuuDpwPYxo

What no Diamond Dogs???

Not bad OP, I pretty much agree even though I haven't listened to all his discog yet

Am I the only one that considers this among the top 5?

>Lodger
moredarkthanshark.org/eno_int_mm-may79b.html

>tfw we'll never get a Diamond Dogs show starring Bowie and Iggy
>“In 1975 David made plans to write, direct and star in a film version of Diamond Dogs. “I’m finally going to make the film I’ve been wanting to do for so long,” his ghostwritten diary informed Mirabelle readers in January 1975. “It’s going to have a Diamond Dogs theme and I start right away!” Probably revealing more about the aspirations of the true diarist than the reality of Bowie’s intentions, “David” also revealed that the film would star MainMan regulars Tony Zanetta, Wayne County and Cyrinda Foxe, along with Iggy Pop and Terence Stamp.

nah, I've always said that The Next Day are Blackstar are his magnum opuses. Sure Blackstar got overhyped after his death, but it's the one album that I always go back to.

As usual with Bowie, Blackstar (RCA, 2016), produced again by Tony Visconti,, is mostly image and very little about the music. The ten-minute Blackstar, that was supposed to be the centerpiece, is little more than a funereal litany a` la Doors with jazz horns that goes on five minutes too many. Bowie crooning melodramatic in Lazarus (from his Broadway musical about an alien who falls in love) or romantic in Dollar Days is either delirious and pathetic, certainly not entertaining. His tedious voice interferes with the driving jazz jam of 'Tis a Pity She Was a Whore and with the frenzied and tense Sue (a 2014 single). Even when the voice is not a distraction, the rest is hardly intriguing: I Can't Give Everything Away boasts an awful distorted guitar against syncopated beats and layers of electronic drones: not exactly genius. This is trivial "music" that any amateur could make, except that most amateurs would be ashamed to release it.

>Station to Station
>6/10
>Heathen
>3/10
oh I get it now

forgot to link this footage. I hope that we get more of this in another 'David Bowie is...' exhibition?

I can only say I have 3 actual faves from Bowie, them being Heroes, Low and Scary Monsters. I'd say maybe Space Oddity as a fourth.

dailymotion.com/video/x59bv6m

Low is so dank

>Station to Station
>Low
>Heroes
>Lodger
>Scary Monster
These are his best.

youtube.com/watch?v=gi2Bqk77jF4&feature=youtu.be
>David_Bowie_in_USSR
read this article
5years.com/jtswdb.htm

>5years.com/jtswdb.htm
Holy shit my dude thanks so much. I'm a massive sovietboo

I have more articles
web.archive.org/web/20140320174125/http://themoscownews.com/arts/20130820/191866656/Space-Odyssey-on-the-Trans-Siberian-Bowie-in-the-USSR.html
5years.com/doom.htm
calvertjournal.com/photography/show/5291/bowie-trans-siberian-moscow-red-square-iggy-pop

Thanks m8.
Saved the pic too.

welcome
what's your opinion on this
youtube.com/watch?v=JQ1B-jJNIPY

1. Low
2. Lodger
3. Station to Station
4. Heroes
5. Hunky Dory

1. Blackstar
2. "Heroes"
3. Ziggy Stardust
4. Hunky Dory
5. Scary Monsters

>1. Blackstar
>2. "Heroes"
>5. Scary Monsters
nice
youtube.com/watch?v=qbIy37IOYBQ (the audio quality is bad, but it's from one of my favourite bootlegs)

I found myself really enjoying Blackout when listening to Heroes.

it is a great track! the stage version is probably the best, but I still like to check other live albums
if you want good bootlegs, check this site
bowiestation.com/torrents.php?cat=4

also I think you'll enjoy this show
bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05077kd

What are his top 5 best looks?
(PS Heathen is an underrated album)

1) Low
2) Diamond Dogs
3) Station to Station
4) Hunky Dory
5) Aladdin Sane

For me, in no particular order: 1971, 1973, 1976, 1977, 1983, 2002.
Always liked the yellow marshmallow hair for some reason. The mustache look never did it for me, it always reminds me so much of Ricky Gervais. 1997 is just terrible, but in an entertaining way.

I love '99 Bowie :)
> Heathen is an underrated album
It's a fantastic album. Don't take this too harshly but you're very very wrong. Heathen was praised highly by most people when it came out. And fortunately, critics gave it very very good reviews and for the first time Bowie's 'ch ch Changes!' weren't associated with it upon it's release, this was the first Bowie album that the most critics took seriously unlike BLTWN and the preceding albums (but the fans still like them). Bowie must've been very proud of this one.

Damn I never heard this one before, it's beautiful where I can find it?

1975 to 1979 is the coolest bowie.
How did he kept the voice with all that smoking

it was rereleased as an EP in 2007 as When The Wind Blows - EP, it's in The Best Of David Bowie 1980/1987 compilation as well. Dunno why people overlook this one, maybe it's because it's from '86.
youtu.be/i7jygsjZkvU