If it isn't, post yours.

inb4 racebaiting

t b h

Big Fish Theory

Good
Shit

if your favorite album is made by a rapist you shouild kill yourself

Definitely mine.

Honorable mentions Vundabar - Gawk, Kevin Morby - City Music and Toro y Moi - Boo Boo. I'm really surprised how much I enjoy that Toro y Moi album especially.

Reddit is that a way, soyboy.

Wrong site.

art and artist isn't the same thing.

Don't know why those faggots are telling you to go to Reddit, It's completely valid to let that ruin an album desu.

It's actually not lol. Especially since there's no proof or conviction. Fucking kill yourself

Good picks

This is mine

AHH yes let us have the guy who just said to fucking kill yourself be our guide on morality. Perfect.

underrated

there are like 5+ good hip-hop options this year and like 0 good indie rock options

pic related

desu for brand new they're pretty close

>Known Unknowns
I-I'm not the only one?
Great album , but definitely not AOTY viable.

i really don't get how people have like 50 albums rated in order for a given year. this is just like.. the first two pages of rym's 2017 chart slightly reordered

I rate post-90s Tricky more than most people anyway, but this is really good

Peak of the year, fantastic power pop and holy fuck the rhythm section is insane. King Gizzard's madness comes close, but even though all the stuff they did was really good, they never got to the same peaks. Brand New was also very very good and fits well within the band. Doesn't really detract from it, Brand New's main point was how fucking awful a person Jesse Lacey was (see: Your Favorite Weapon) and his journey through becoming a better person. Tricot's 3 actually has my song of the year, but it's not a consistently great album. Pretend had Circular Raesoning and that was fantastic, though that's an EP (with one twenty minute track, because... Pretend likes to do long tracks a lot). Thee Oh Sees released an absurdly fun acid rock album; a negative being that it feels kinda standard for them at this point. On the other hand, the freak folk album was interesting, but I couldn't shake the feeling it didn't make use of the instruments and separations between psych folk and psych rock that well. Chon released an alright to above average album, but I think the poppier bits don't really fit them - on the other hand, it's nice to see them experimenting with new stuff; Phoenix's new album is better live than the studio version but that's one of the main things about Phoenix, and it's a solid, enjoyable pop album, but not that special and didn't really rise above others like Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix or Bankrupt!. Can't think of many other new albums that caught my eye, really.

>nigger shit
>aoty

pick one

While I enjoyed all these thoroughly, the fact that a throw away song Grouper forgot about from the Ruins recordings made it onto this list is depressing.

There really wasn't a lot for me to enjoy this year
Cave Me In is still SOTY though

here's mine in no specific order

fuck

honestly a close 2nd for me.

I didn't dig it as much as Nonagon, but still good. The whole "5 albums" meme has kinda lost me honestly. I haven't been keeping up.

here's mine in no particular order

or this

Presenting a black artist as talented or intelligent is a form of race baiting

lmfao weeb

Do you realize where you are?

lmfao weeb

This for now.

I can tell exactly what that album will sound like by the cover art

I almost promise you that you're wrong, KRIT is rather unique. You know better then to almost literally judge a book by its cover.

wow, this is really great

God Big Fish Theory was awful. The electronic beats and Vince's delivery don't mix well at all, and the shitty sung interludes are boring af. Easily the most disappointing album of the year

They spend time doing it? I don't understand your issue.