Opinions on this nation's musical output?

Opinions on this nation's musical output?

responsible for drake, justin beiber and the weeknd

cancer

>The Tragically Hip
>Justin Bieber

a mixed bag, as with any country

also nickelback

I'm grateful for Deadmau5 and Attlas

mixed bag typically implies one of those artists should be good

i like toronto: tnp, junior boys, crystal castles, dfa 1979,...

Rush is good

At least they have Joni Mitchell...?

What's wrong with Neil and Leonard?

lmao

They're not Joni Mitchell

>Mac Demarco
>Devin Townsend
>Grimes

What's with Canada and goofy people?

I like Neil Young, Alvvays, Arcade Fire, Joni Mitchell and Leonard Cohen.

I like Gaze a lot.

I fucking love Rush

Very very good

See here.
When either of those two write a Summer Lawns or Hejira then you can call me.

They gave us Rush, Joni Mitchell, Nomeansno, Leonard Cohen and Neil Young, so I'm alright with that.

Rush was good, everything else so far has been mediocre at best.

The thing I find sad is that there are so many household names in Canadian music that don't go beyond the borders.
The Tragically Hip (until recently), April Wine, Blue Rodeo, The Trews, Matt Mays, The Guess Who, 54-40, etc. aren't recognised as widely outside the country, but everyone in Canada listens to them or grew up listening to them in some regard.

Also Canada has the best indie rock/pop (for lack of a better word) groups as far as I'm concerned.

they gave the artist of the decade, the badass grimes.

i'd like to see a devin townsend and grimes collab. it could be mindblowing.

godspeed you black emperor

Music superpower when you consider population vs # of great artists produced.

really good for punk/hardcore

Great technical death metal

Canada >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Eww Ass Eyy

PUP
Newfound Interests in Connecticut

Rec me some others pls

I feel I owe it to my country to get a lot more into searching for good Canadian music but right now my favorite Canadian artists would probably be Rheostatics, GY!BE, Ian & Sylvia, Buffy Sainte-Marie, Arcade Fire, Leonard Cohen, NoMeansNo, City and Colour and Nihilist Spasm Band (with a number of others I like but don't have any outstanding albums that I've heard yet)

We do have throat singing and Canadian folk and stuff which separates us from the US but to be perfectly honest, most of the people here don't appreciate it either and our biggest exports are generally all traitors to the county who don't even give a shit that they came from here and give Americans handjobs for a buck

>band name is boards of canada
>not actually from canada

A laundry list of incredible stuff. Off the top of my head:

Neil Young
Leonard Cohen
Gordon Lightfoot
Stan Rogers
Joni Mitchell
Robbie Robertson
Randy Bachman
Broken Social Scene
Arcade Fire
Metric
Godspeed

I think its third only to England and America.

>band name is of montreal
>not actually from canada

stop

Gave us Women, the best rock band of the last decade.

actual reddit.

Nice try, but you'd have to really push it to ever put an argument for them being in the Top 3, Top 10 maybe but there's much more significant countries in music for the Top 3 like France or Germany or Sweden or Norway or Jamaica or Japan or Brazil

forced down the canadian populaces throat by forcing them to play them on the radio

Honestly they have the best music of the entire north american subcontinent. The only good thing to come out of the U.S.A. was black music, and they (black people) stopped being good in the early 70s

America>>>England>Japan>>>>>>shit>Canada

t. Weeaboo

Brasil and Germany are better than Japan

this is 100% accurate

I shall have to check these out desu. I know the Guess Who for American Woman and I know the Tragically Hip as "that one Canadian band" but I know nothing of the rest.

If you want some cool maritime folk check out Stan Rogers/Great Big Sea. I don't think I've ever met anyone in Canada that didn't like Great Big Sea

*SNIFF SNIFF*

Metric are awesome

they're actually cousins so I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet

what? source?

>coked out wiz khalifa in the back

>our biggest exports are generally all traitors to the county who don't even give a shit that they came from here and give Americans handjobs for a buck
>traitors to a country that betrays itself by voting in retards who make us more like the EU caliphate states
Honestly I love the heritage of my country but god do I fucking loathe what Central Canada has become, George Brown is probably rolling in his grave.

t. 13 year old youtuber commenter on a Queen video

>France or Germany or Sweden or Norway or Jamaica or Japan or Brazil
France/Germany maybe for classical but Japan is a mixed bag. If we're talking about pop artists I'd say Canada output is easily in top 4 with USA, UK and Australia