Roger Waters is what made Pink Floyd good and the later albums without him are awful

Roger Waters is what made Pink Floyd good and the later albums without him are awful

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zPwucFar9kM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

by that logic, his solo albums should be great but nooooo they are dogshit

In other news: fire burns and water is wet

Agreed but is absolutely right. Waters-era Floyd is godlike, but his solo material is a bit too "let's all change the world".
Gilmour just wants to make quality music. For these reasons Gilmour>Waters in terms of solo material. Although both obviously pale in comparison to any era Floyd.

The Wall, The Final Cut, and his solo albums were almost solely made by him and they were awful. TFC was ok and The Wall had some ok music that he didn't even write. He has writing credits for most of Floyd because he wrote the lyrics so often but really he's a horrible musician.

Your Mom is a horrible musician when she tried to play my Skin Flute last night.

>The Wall
>Awful

na

Yeah but some people still think High Hopes is a good song

>the wall
>awful
Can this meme just fucking die already

this
The Virgin Waters vs The Chad Barret

This is wrong.
What made Pink Floyd good is the junction of Waters and Gilmour.
Waters's solo albums lack Gilmour's mellow, soft voice and guitar playing.
Gilmour's solo albums (and Pink Floyd's later works) lack Waters's raw playing, compositions, and lyrics.

However, Waters's Amused to Death, Radio KAOS, and Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking are very good albums.

dude my dad died when I was young:the album fucking sucks

Richard Wright was the best member of Pink Floyd and every album they released after WYWH sucked

C H A D B A R R E T T

Reminder that people only hate The Division Bell because it shows that Pink Floyd doesn't need Roger Waters to make a good album.

all the best songs have richard wright as the main composer faggot.

this is basically what i was getting at My favorite song of theirs anymore is Summer 68.
Saucer to Dark Side is best floyd

Animals and WYWH are both better than DSotM

dude I judge albums by oversimplifying its lyrical themes:your opinion sucks

it's pretty bland though, there's only two good songs in it

THIS. Waters and Gilmour together are what made Floyd. Even though a majority of The Wall was written by Waters, the album wouldn't be what it is without Gilmour.

>Poles Apart
>Marooned
>A Great Day For Freedom
>Wearing The Inside Out
>Coming Back to Life
>High Hopes

>only two good songs

Marooned and High Hopes are the only good songs. Everything else ranges from bad to mediocre.

>not liking Wearing The Inside Out
what's it like being a faggot?

Dogs of War is a good song, though.

lol

forgot Lost For Words
youtube.com/watch?v=zPwucFar9kM
it's even about waters

Popular things are bad >:^(

What about Meddle? Dark Side? WYWH?

All the early 70s albums are the best PF has to offer and it's because there was creative input from all band members.

agreed

rick wright was a druggie

Pink Floyd was at its peak with equal controlinution from each of the members. I will agree that Waters leaving was the killing blow to the band, and thet weren't able to maintain their quality with his departure.

*contribution
Fucking phoneposting

Syd Barrett is what made Pink Floyd good and the later albums without him are awful

>chad

>>>/deviantart/

*tips fedora*

Syd Barrett is what made Pink Floyd good and the later albums without him are awful

both correct, but let's not the forget the magic ambience rick provided.

agreed. also, I googled controlinution.
back to Sup Forums

atom heart mother is the best

madcap laughs is the best solo album, better than most PF albums

Agreed

>beats the shit out of gf with music instruments, gets pussy anyways
>doesn't even know how much LSD he is on
>refuses to conform to studio etiquette
>has no clue whether he's still in the band or not

And yet, the only thing Mr. Waters here is going to be remembered for is starring in that movie with Cher and those bikers.

Spotted the virgins