Was it kino?

Was it kino?

fuck yes

who did the song writing on this shit? cause this album had some of the best instrumental craftsmanship out there

Not Unlike the Waves is legit one of the best metal songs I've heard in a really long time

Pretty sure John Haughm did the majority of the songwriting for the band, just in general.
When the vocals kick in on that track, it just sends it into space. It's still funny to me Haughm considers it their worst album by a wide margin.

how do you guys feel about their last album?

like Marrow, its kinda eh. I prefer The Mantle and Ashes by a lot, hell even Pale Folklore. not bad at all though, still Agalloch

Not bad. I think I prefer their older stuff solely out of nostalgia honestly, but I liked it. While I thought it was a shame they went their separate ways originally, it's probably for the best. They had an insanely hot run without a single poor album

>like Marrow, its kinda eh
Marrow was amazing just because of Black Lake Nidstang and To Drown.

In the Shadow of Our Pale Companion is still my favorite song, in in general. The atmosphere is so heavy and thick, the acoustics are godlike, and the song flows so seamlessly. It feels so musically right on every level. That whole album is fucking immaculate to me.

ok Black Lake Nidstang is good, i'll admit that

In The Shadow Of Our Pale Companion is my favourite Agalloch song too, good pick

Limbs is probably my favorite track from them
that shit drips emotion like nothing else

what was the name of that one track from pale folklore that was pretty much just classical music?

Misshapen Steed

Kind of a shame there weren't more tracks like that sprinkled across their stuff

they had some EPs that were more experimental like the White EP

Haven't actually heard some of their side stuff t b h
Recently listened to that Pillor one and enjoyed it a lot actually

nu-male band

explain

post-rock with slight black metal influences is a nu-male favorite

black metal with some folk and rock influences, nothing post rock about it actually except for the track Bloodbirds has a big climax. must be bait

>post rock
l o l

not an argument

its almost entirely not post rock
kys
and bc just actually listen to a track if you call this not an argument