The Grand Tour Discussion Thread

New Episode is up on Amazon Prime now

So far it's definitely better than the last one

Other urls found in this thread:

urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=0day
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump

Try again in 10 hours when it gets to 0day and you might get some response.

the fuck is 0day?

this. I'm not gonna get amazon prime unless they start begging me like a slut and give it to me for free again

>"Just because that little winged mouse-bastard is hanging upside down in there feeling smug with himself because i am up on this ladder we can't knock this house down?!"

toppest kek, based May

This is so much better than the first two episodes, very reminiscent of series 10.

urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=0day

Oh yay time to wait another 10 hours for a fucking torrent

It's still overwritten

>all the poorfag yurofags who can't afford Amazon Prime

This is so so so so so much better than last week

They really like the Dredd soundtrack

This.

>mfw German
>mfw the only country in Europe where Amazon Prime is available

It's not though.

It's far too scripted compared to how things were back then. It's not funny saying "oh ha ha we thought Carmen was about cars" when we know that's not true at all.

I want them to just be themselves and drive about places and make jokes and have banter. You can't just write banter.

Reminds me of the Oceans 13 phase they went through.

Anyone else think the production values are not as good as in their later seasons on the BBC? I'm not sure how to describe it, but the camera work and editing aren't as tight.

How is this possible? I thought they have a bigger budget now.

If you rewatch top gear now you'd probably noticed how scripted it is. It was written to within an inch of it's life. Closest thing to unscripted is star in a reasonably priced car, which if you know tv, isn't scripted but is heavily planned and even rehearsed beforehand to avoid any awkward pauses or rambling that goes nowhere like you get in actual conversations between people

Bigger budget does not = better talent. Obviously it helps a lot, but never forget you can get multi-million dollar movies with shitty editing and post production when a no budget indie film is handled better simply because of talent.

That's wrong though. You're mixing up editing and scripting. The old episodes were really well edited, cutting out the bits which were funny and entertaining and keeping things coherent, while having a bit of scripting to hold things together.

What we have now is laziness. There's no need to spend time editing when all you need to do is film the parts you've written ahead of time and move on. The idea is it'll give you guaranteed entertainment, but it just doesn't.

The fact is I'd rather watch the behind the scenes footage of this show than the show itself.

>while they were off the air many of their fans have grown up a little and now that they see them again they're starting to realise they aren't actually all that funny

Thanks BBC.

Are you guys just being contrarians or do you actually think that the production value of GT is shit?

Because holy shit, it really isn't

>filling your show with as much evidence that you spent a lot of money is the same as production value

I've only seen the first episode, but look at the segments where they shoot the cars. Now go back and watch a similar segment from Top Gear.

>I don't think the production values are as good as some of the later BBC seasons
>WHAT THE FUCK? WHY ARE YOU SAYING THE PRODUCTION VALUES ARE SHIT? THEY'RE NOT SHIT, WHY DID YOU SAY THEY WERE SHIT? YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME IF YOU SAY THEY ARE SHIT WHICH IS WHAT YOU HAVE SAID

Use your brains you dumb nigger, nobody said the production values are shit, they said Not As Good

>what is the UK

>HAMMOND

Challenger was the best car in the episode tbqhwyfam

I never watched TG and recently watched the first episode of GT. Is it worth watching it?

>recently watched the first episode of GT. Is it worth watching it?

what did he mean by this?

>them teeth

Remember when TGUK was just three old retards driving in shoddy cars around in Botswana, India, Thailand and Ukraine

Torrent just dropped 15 seconds ago boys.

>shoddy cars
>Ukraine
Yo dawg FUCK YOU

Besides that there are literally only three episodes of this out now. They only did cheap car challenges twice in one series, British Leyland and Alfa Romeo I think. We know they are getting a cheap car thing coming up next episode as that is when James has his arm broken.

I'm just saying that I am satisfied.