Disney has come to you to produce special editions for episode 1, 2 and 3!

Disney has come to you to produce special editions for episode 1, 2 and 3!
They have given you carte blanche control over all cuts, edits, and small reshoots to create the best possible versions of the movies to quell mainstream prequel hate.
What do you throw away?
What do you add?
What do you keep?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=_hoXNXSpmng
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Would you tamper with one of Shakespeare's great plays or Mozart's symphonies? The prequels are not to be touched or meddled with.

more Sio Bibble

Perfectly Recreate every scene without changing a thing

HA

GOT EM

Throw away every scene with a woman in a position of power
Change all of Jar-Jars dialogue so he refers to all whites as "massa"
Keep 9 year old Jake Lloyd as Anakin for every episode.

Looking for serious answers

>Looking for serious answers

nah

"No, Mr. Jackson... you CAN'T have a purple lightsaber. I'm sorry."

HAHA fuckin this. give him a black saber.

I would cut 80% of Anakin's dialogue, let him have more of a quiet, hidden angst than outward obvious angst. Give him more of a suppressed hatred and anger instead of outright spergy "I killed children, do you still love me?! I hate them!"

still gotta show the cocky pilot in him tho.

The audience should actually see Anakin's dreams about his mom. Ande he should have genuine concern instead of "I'd much rather dream about Padmé." Cut out most of the Naboo stuff so he searches for his mom sooner. Try to build up to the moment where she dies in his arms.

More Watto.

Everything in Episode I before the duel at the end is cut. All scenes that were taking place at the same time as that scene (Kid Anakin in space, gungan army fight, etc.) are cut. The celebration scene is also cut. After Qui-Gon is killed and we get the "promise me you'll train the boy" scene, the movie immediately cuts to Obi-Wan becoming a Jedi Knight, then Qui-Gon's funeral, then Obi-Wan telling Anakin that he'll train him.

The movie then starts with Episode II as normal. Dialogue that makes it seem like Obi-Wan and Anakin absolutely hate one another is toned down, there should be some friction but they're ultimately friends. The 1950s diner scene does not happen. Most of the cheesy love dialogue between Padme and Anakin is cut.

Moving on to Episode III. Anakin barely hesitates when he kills Dooku, that scene where Dooku just sits there for a good minute or so without saying a word is pure nonsense. Cut out the most uncomfortable "romantic" dialogue. The "she's lost the will to live" crap is not included, Padme dies and the audience is left to believe that she got some kind of injury when Anakin choked her that ultimately killed her. Cut out the "it's treason, then, aaaaaaaaaah" scene, just start that scene with Windu and Palpatine already fighting. The Anakin vs Obi-Wan fight is cut down significantly, it dragged on too long and that killed any real emotional impact. "From my point of view, the Jedi are evil" is cut, as is that whole awkward exchange of dialogue. Just let the music play instead, it's much more effective. After Anakin put in the Vader suit, "NOOOOOO" is cut. The movie doesn't end with Obi-Wan taking Luke to Tatooine, instead it ends with Vader and Palpatine on the bridge of a Star Destroyer.

TL;DR: Basically turn the whole thing into two movies, about 90-110 minutes each.

More Jar Jar 2bh. But make him more of an asshole.

Also, in general as much of the Naboo Padme-Anakin interactions should be cut as possible. It will make the love story seem rushed, but it's better to have people fall in love incredibly quickly (that's standard in movies anyway) than have them fall in love in an unbelievably stupid and drawn-out fashion.

And no Jango Fett chasing Obi-Wan around an asteroid field.

Keep everything as it is. "Special Edition" crap is cancer

Oh, and of course no scenes of Yoda using his lightsaber.

Episode II: Dooku decides to run after Yoda blocks the lightning and throws away the rocks.

Episode III: When Yoda confronts the Emperor, cut away to the Anakin-Obi Wan fight right as he says "at an end your rule is, and not short enough it was". The next time the movie cuts back to that fight, they're already in the Senate throwing those floating things at one another.

>And no Jango Fett chasing Obi-Wan around an asteroid field.
I was with you until there. The asteroid chase was a welcome relief from the drudgery of dull wooden "interactions" that made up episode 2. Keep the scene, just cut out baby boba saying "yeah! Fire fire!"

Cut out Chewbacca.
Him fighting together with Yoda and not telling Han is fucking retarded.

He was defending Kashyyyk. It was before he met Han. Luke wasn't even born yet, who the hell knows where Han was.

It's a shame that episode 1 is so disconnected from the next two. Everything in it could work as flashbacks if you made the trilogy a duology

77% more Sheev.

I'd watch it.

We'll find out where Han was in Disney's "Han Solo: A Star Wars Story" in theatres 2018!

Probably the biggest problem with the prequels is the boring characters. The only way to solve this problem is cutting dialogue so the audience can imagine character depth. Let the soundtrack play while characters do anything but talk.. it worked great for this scene: m.youtube.com/watch?v=_hoXNXSpmng

Watto origin film when?

works for me

>that feel when you appeared in the wrong movie

That burning building makes no sense, I don't care how many kamikaze flights hit it everyone knows fighter reactor cores can't melt government grade architecture.

>who the hell knows where Han was.
Busy being 3 years old on Corellia.

Its not the building burning, its the piles of younglings.

"Anakin, it's not too late! Come back to naboo and raise our child! You'll make a great father! You're starting to go down a path I can't follow! Leave all this slaughtering a classroom full of 4 year olds behind while you still can!"

"YOU TURNED HER AGAINST ME!"

"I killed them all! The women and the CHILDREN! I HATE them! They're animals and I slaughtered them like animals!"

>4 years later
"I saw a hologram of him killing younglings"
"I don't believe you"

Remove Episode 1 entirely except for the fight with Maul.

Replace all of Anakin and Padme's dialogue with their counterparts from The Clone Wars.

Edit in this scene for shits and giggles.

Phantom menace is the only one of the prequels that feels like a star wars movie. A really bad star wars movie, but things like pod racing, and the trip through the planet core were great (even if it makes no sense why they're doing any of those things).

They didnt really do a good job on his horns.

High definition was a mistake

Change nothing.
Cancel the Prequel Special Editions and release the Original Unaltered Trilogy instead.

>They have given you carte blanche control over all cuts, edits
Bad Lip Reading

I honestly think the prequels could be saved with the right editor, but they need a lot of work. A lot of the exposition is probably redundant and could be replaced by some of the better deleted scenes.

>Now I'm watching deleted episode 1 shit I've never seen before.
I dunno... I think this stuff was left out for good reason.

hope your internship is going well!!

There are some unused Christopher Lee scenes in episode 2. I'd rather have those than Dexter Jettster

Fair enough.