Best 2016 capeshit villain?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IUqzSRsMXdk
youtube.com/watch?v=MZnFXqhCWIk
youtube.com/watch?v=EsReSaPNzlo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I thought Francis was a pretty good villain. Deadpool is so irreverent and ridiculous you'd think it would be difficult to make a good foil for him

probably zemo desu
although he's shit too, everyone else is just so much worse

Luthor
Kaecillus
Zemo

(Power gap)

Apocalypse
Enchantress

Zemo > Ajax > Kaecilius > Luthor > Apocalypse > Enchantress.

Only Lex here has good motivation
So lex > all

>My daddy beat me, so I hate Superman
>Good motivation

Lex was the absolute worst of all these villains. Plus they turned him into a Twitchy homosexual twink.
>Booooyyyyssss

this.

Ajax really does have the ultimate chad face, doesn't he?

Lex Luthor.
Best theme
>youtube.com/watch?v=IUqzSRsMXdk
Best scenes
youtube.com/watch?v=MZnFXqhCWIk
youtube.com/watch?v=EsReSaPNzlo
And best motivation.

Zemo was a cliche villain with no narrative purpose and Bruhl looked like he wanted to end the whole thing and get his money in time during the movie. They only added him there because Marvel was afraid again.
Ajax, Enchantress and Apocalypse were fucking generic.
Kaecilius had his own motivation and philosophy but the dull script turned him into yet another MCU villain. I would blame the execs too.
With Lex you had the "Problem of Evil" in a superhero movie. In a Superman movie.

Graves/Grindelwald

You mean Magneto in wizard form?

No Dormamu?

Zack Snyder.

I think this is acceptable.

Shit year for villians this year. Lex was the probably the best even thought I didn't like the way Eisenberg played it, Zemo was as much of a villain as Amanda Waller

For some reason that's the popular thing to do, turn your arch-villain into an eccentric homosexual.

I'd mostly agree with this.

Lex: Books are knowledge and knowledge is power, and I am... no. Um, no. What am I? What was I saying? The bittersweet pain among men is having knowledge with no power because... because that is paradoxical and, um... thank you for coming.

Also philosophical problem of evil

Who?

Stop bargaining

Lex Luthor

The villain is deviant. The more different he is from the main audience and the protagonist the better. It makes you identify with the protagonist more and hate the antagonist more.

Would you be spewing this damage control nonsense if Lex Luthor was portrayed as an intimidating masculine businessman with clear motivations instead of daddy issues?

Are these real villains?

Luthor for me

films aren't real

If that was true then why does everyone fucking love these characters? I think it's made so antisocial people and the Hot Topic crowd identify MORE with these arch villains.

Pretty much what this guy said, if Lex was an Alpha male people would have liked him less.

no idea who the first 2 are, but unironically, eisenberg's luthor.

I didn't like the casting but Lex is the best villain of the year.

Bottom right, but this is assuming you understand classical kino and have the cinematic knowledge

Batman

/thread

Zemo and Apocalypse are the best actors. So them, I guess, even though I only even accept the x-men movie because of its out-takes reel.

This desu

Daniel Brühl is great, and I liked that for once the villain wasn't some 12 foot tall CGI quipmaster or a two-dimensional "take over the world" villain.

It's supposedly scary to some people. I think for normies -as much as I disapprove of the word- it's supposed to represent unpredictability or something

none of them are particularly good but ajax had some amount of charisma and was fun to watch, he paired well with deadpool

so him

Lex Luthor.

It's the only one that's decently written *and* acted.

The others are all either badly acted or badly written. Or both.

Damnit that's not the gif I wanted to post.

They all kind of sucked desu

Luthor or Batman though.

/thread

i agree with most of this but i haven't seen apocalypse nor skwad

damn how shit must they be for luthor to be above them, i mean that's oscar isaac man

(OP)

>It's the only one that's decently written *and* acted.

You have to go back.

Francis was good because he did shit

Zemo is objectively the best because he did exactly what he wanted to do exactly the way that he wanted to do it.

He and Francis also didn't have the typical egomania that Apocalypse, Enchantress, and ESPECIALLY Luthor had

>All these posts saying Zemo was shit

>People complained about how Civil War was so quippy and he's the lease quippy character in the entire *franchise*

This, to be frank.

>>People complained about how Civil War was so quippy and

>Zemo the lease quippy character in the entire *franchise*

Yeah. What's your point?

Bait harder.

samefag

he's right.

>Lex Luthor
>decently written
>decently acted

I believe you're shitposting here?

how did lex plan on defeating doomsday if he killed superman?

>dude dictators are bad lmao
>creates world destroying monster

>>People complained about how Civil War was so quippy and

>Zemo the lease quippy character in the entire *franchise*

Yeah. What's your point?

>he

But the fact that Sups can become dictator just his justification for goverment

Literally too stupid for capeshit

Apocalypse > Zemo = Ajax > Luthor > Kaecillius > Enchantress

you're a girl?

gf me pls

Either he would form the justice league like he was originally planning or it wouldn't matter because the bell was already rung.

>or it wouldn't matter because the bell was already rung.

speak english doc

wouldn't doomsday destroy the whole planet?

>Ajax was a 2-D villain
>Haven't seen Suicide Squad yet
>Mads Mikkleson was a tool
>Apocalypse was dumb as a box of rocks (he had ALL the nukes)
>Zemo had some motivation, if it did rely to heavily on coincidences
>BvS was so bad i dropped it halfway through and haven't come back
So, Zemo by default, but I'm not happy with the answer. 2016 was a poor year for cape flick villains in general.

Zemo.

He didn't use some superweapon that was going to destroy the world. He didn't want to kill everyone. He didn't want to rule the world. He had no super powers. All he had was guile. All he wanted was revenge for his families death. He succeeded. He made the world hate its heroes. He made the heroes hate each other. He made them hate themselves.

The best and most sympathetic villain of 2016.

Easily Francis, at least he was entertaining as fuck.

Followed closely by my boy Dany Bruhl.

cringed, I hope you didn't write that.

>Zemo turns the Avengers on each other without firing a shot or throwing a punch

Most based villain in MCU

t. leddit

He had too much of a plot armor, Daniel did a great job with what he had, the man got the screen presence but the character was kinda shitty.

I disliked Ajax'es actor since GoT because he looks like a complete douche but he owned that role. Just the right amount of ham. Much refreshing after MCU's villain of the week policy.

>He had too much of a plot armor

da fuq

>plot armor

They didn't even know who he was until nearly the end. He never really let them get within striking distance until he lured them in.

Bruhl wins for being the only one that isn't terrible.

>this villain of the week was refreshing after the other villains of the week

I've only seen bruhl in that F1 movie with thor and so far i think he's great. Also his character kinda made sense.
Luthor fucking sucked. I wont bother explaining
Apocalypse was generic and wasted oscar isaac
Enchantress was total garbage, she just made no sense as a villain if she was the one that sold the team in the first place
Deadpool's one was okay i guess. Felt a little like an 80s campy movie villain, which is not exactly bad. But god i hate that actor's fag face

oh and marvel wasted mads, but i guess he managed to be charming despite the quips and the ALMOST NO SCREENTIME OR LINES.

Enchantress and Apocalypse are two flavors of the same god complex. Childish and hardly interesting in the slightest. The worst a comic book villain can be.

The only good capeshit villain since TDK's Joker has been Kilgrave from Jessica Jones.

Seriously, why can't any capeshit movies have a decent fucking villain?

Nuada from Hellboy 2 and Kingpin from Netflix's Daredevil are both good. But yeah, most are terrible.

Nuada is technically pre-TDK Joker, by about a week. But you're right about Kingpin, he was decent.

This DESU

Because a if you want a decent villain, you need to give him about half the screentime and make the story about him. Look at Burton's Batman, the villain is always the important part and boy does it show. Certain amount of ham is required too.

Marvel is out of the question. They'll never dedicate the movie to a villain, that would mean less quips and less screentime for toy selling characters.

DC doesn't know what the fuck to do. I'm betting half their suits want to target the edgy crowd while the other want to emulate Marvel to a T.

is this even a fucking questions? Eisenberg should get an Oscar for his Lex Luthor performance.

fuck the haters

Zemo

why can't Marvel write complex villains? even based Mads was fucking wasted.

But Superman isn't all powerful. He doesn't have time travel, omniscience, telpathy...

Fun Fact: Rebecca Hall's character was supposed to be the main villain in Iron Man 3 but Marvel refused to have a female villain since it would affect toy sales.

Tied between Apocalypse and Mads. They're both ridiculous, but Apocalypse was so stupid it was entertaining. Mads gave a good performance and had some cool lines, even if his character was forgettable.

Everything else was shit. Zemo is a dumber character than Thanos, and I don't mean that literally because Thanos is evidently the biggest fucking retard in the MCU mythos.

which is funny because none of the villains in the movie got toys except like 2 lego sets.

But world treats him like a god
Thats the point. Lex want to prove that Sups just a fraud

All of their best villains are stuck with other companies. Juggernaut, for example, what an incredible foil to be Charles' childhood bully. Even at the highest points of his adulthood, Charles still can't do shit about the guy who beat him up as a kid. He could make the whole actual world a better place, and has, and one dickhead who had an abusive father is still in his way.

good, guy pearce was based in that movie

pretty much the only redeeming thing about it

>NO.jpg

performance was over the top sometimes

but i love writing

Who the fuck is rebeca hall? All i remember is guy pierce and gwyneth paltrow having some fireish power

I'm gonna go with Luthor

I feel like Mordo is going to be the first MCU villain wit any real depth or motivation.

Which is funny because in the comics he's pretty much "generic evil guy who hates the hero"

Marvel don't cant write complex villains. Their characters are made to be as cookie cutter as possible - made to be forgotten so the movie is made to be consumed and shat. don't expect any heavy themes, thinking or even villain empathy in any marvel movies

>black slave / follower following their master their whole life
>be set free
>first thing he does is steal / commit crime

P O T T E RY

It's not about can or can't, Disney can do whatever the fuck they want at any time within any reality.

Complex villains, or lack thereof, aren't necessarily the problem though. Macbeth isn't particularly complex, but he has an arc, motivations and developments that drive him to say the beautifully written words that are given to him. He isn't complex in the slighest

...but people don't fucking like Shakespeare. In all honesty the worst part of Disney's capeshit is there isn't character development. Like, at all,

There aren't any characters. The characters are the flashing lights, the effects. You can't relate to any of these "characters", you don't feel for them.

I liked Iron Man (2008) but it's not like I gave a flying fuck if Tony Stark won or not. They're visually engaging flicks, and not even all the time.

tl;dr You're in the wrong genre

Batman, obviously.
He had a reason that wasn't just revenge, a plan and was defeated by words instead of dumb action.

>somewhatmorethanlikely.jpg