Pokemon's first american film is directed by Rob Letterman, the director of Shark Tale and Monsters vs Aliens

Pokemon's first american film is directed by Rob Letterman, the director of Shark Tale and Monsters vs Aliens

just how bad will it be?

monsters Vs Aliens is actually pretty good, a big improvement on Shark Tale

Monsters vs Aliens was kino

good cast, mediocre story, dire shit tv series that should never have seen the light of day

Does a director really do anything in an animated movie?

That Pikachu's dressed like Sherlock Holmes :3

yes but instead of physical actors they use storyboards worknig in concert with layout artists, it's like that scene of Lucas marking up those production scenes for what's going to be CG and what's going to be real.

Heck, Fury Road was plotted out on storyboards

Well first of all lemme just circle your storyboard arts god bless the hard work they've put on it and let me use these high light markers, hmmm yes this scene is gonna be cgi and this is not yeah that will work. It's like poetry it rhymes.

lucas pls

I spent all night

no..

that little chap is cute as fuck

are they getting danny devito like everyone wanted?

so is that a Sawsbuck hunting cap?

Gen V isn't canon.

is he supposed to be a detective? how is going to solve any cases if all he can say is his own name?

Why is Pikachu suddenly a detective?

This movie is going to be shockingly bad.

>muh Gen1fuhlyfe

pls

Detective Pikachu speaks human like Meowth does

I'm not a Genwunner.

There isn't just one Pikachu in the entire cannon user

Is this how the pokemons will look in the movie? why cant they look like realistic animals? that would make more sense.

If you're over the age of 13 and excited for this you need to grow the fuck up. Same with if you still watch and play pokemon.

i dunno. The Pokemon universe is completely fucking retarded for storytelling, at least with this setup they can use more normal story and plot devices that older kids might enjoy and understand.

Playing Pokemon while replying to your post right now lol. My Ribombee just leveled up, it wants to learn Aromatherapy. Should I go with it?

>What is branding

It'll be fine, just like who framed roger rabbit or that looney tunes movie with Brendan Frasier

and written by Alex Hirsch, who completely fucked up the ending of his own show!

>why cant they look like realistic animals? that would make more sense.

It's not what kids, who the movie is for, would want though.

why is it going to be fucking Detective Pikachu?

What else would you make it? collecting badges? some convoluted story about legendary pokemon just like the animated movies?

Maybe they will make Pikachu a master of disguise, so he can snoop around undetected to find valuable clues to solve the case.

>Pikachu has a Hitmonlee butler that he instructs to attack him when he least expects it in order to keep him on his toes.

I'd be fine with a LotR-style trilogy quest, whatever form that takes

Pokemon is already insipid, mind numbing garbage, you literally can't lower the bar anymore. You might as well say I hope my shit doesn't spoil.

>you literally can't lower the bar anymore

Digimon

that Yokai watch shit is lower than pokemon too

Tamagotchi

Easily will clear a billion dollars.

Neopets

it's live action + CGI

Who will play best boner condoner?

Doesn't even appear in the games senpai

it's a live action movie
if the movie was based on the mainline games or the anime, people would complain that the actors do not resemble the characters
because of detective pikachu's artstyle it'll be easy to find actors who can look like the characters

also no one gives a shit about detective pikachu, so it can be a good starting point if they don't want to take risks because no one will say that they ruined detective pikachu

Who would be best choice to do Pikachu's voice? Rob Schneider? Justin Timberlake?

they also run the chance of spoiling a potential audience worthy of future films by making their initial outing a subject nobody gives a shit about

Danny Devito as Frank Reynolds

Someone like the nigga from the green mile

they need to think outside of the box for casting

they should make him Judge Pikachu and when he solves the case he electrocutes the guilty parties.

that guy's my hero