Who else is really looking forward to this?

Who else is really looking forward to this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_kAflDuAmko
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_Army_trooper
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Stormtrooper
youtube.com/watch?v=raF9wfPxir8
youtube.com/watch?v=y-7rXTB5H_o
youtube.com/watch?v=Y4QOpYMsFXQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sort of.

Nowhere near as hyped as for TFA and VIII, but I'll of course see it at some point.

Grow up

>not contributing to the thread
don't do it again, guy.

Couldn't care less

Funny that the rebels look like taliban warriors.

kinda

Could care less

>a fucking white male is the villain

I fucking hate prequels

>Be Gareth Edwards
>Pitch Rogue One as a gritty realistic war film where you are going to actually have stormtroopers be feared by the rebels who could die at any second on the battlefield
>Hire the same composer who made music for your Godzilla film because he is going to generate some great emotional cues that will be playing over the realistic battle scenes
>Disney suddenly jumps in
>They fire your composer and hire the same guy who composed the music for Doctor Strange, Jurassic World, Spider-Man: Homecoming because Disney needs someone who can make "quick up beat like music" when the Rebels are killing dozens of stormtroopers in seconds
Gareth's vision of Rogue One is abandoned and instead we get this:
youtube.com/watch?v=_kAflDuAmko

The director already confirmed rebels=sjw diversity, empire=literal white supremacists

The plot is staggeringly uninteresting but it has based Ben Mendelsohn in it so I will see it.

Alright, alright. Settle down, fag.

>white woman leading a multicultural team against the evil white fascists

I looks like dogshit with an ugly cunt for a lead

Bravo Disney

that wasn't the director that said it

it was some cuck writer

>mfw Star Trek in the 60s all this progressive shit much better and did it in a non Hamfisted way
These Disney hack frauds will never come close

>the director
Garteh is /our guy/, you fucking cuck

What pisses me off is that these Rebels are able to kill lots of stormtroopers instantly. No I am not referring to it having a female lead but rather just the idea that Rogue One is about invincible Rebels... I don't care if these Rebels die at the end.

I THOUGHT this was going to be Saving Private Ryan in space where the Rebels would be shitting themself every second, looking over their shoulder to see if any stormtroopers were around the corner because they could die at any second.

THIS was meant to be the most realistic Star Wars movie without Jedi or without anyone with amazing skills (apart from the martial artist guy who has developed lots of melee skills due to being blind).

BUT NOPE. Disney had to go and fuck it up...

Look at the casting and tell me that

>The director already confirmed rebels=sjw diversity, empire=literal white supremacists
That was the writer you piece of shit.

Gareth has said nothing but hoping that people take risks with the future Star Wars movies.

I'm pretty sure its established that not all Stormtrooper units are created or trained equally

Other than a few select units from the Clone Wars most of them are just as regular shitters as the Rebel scum

Agreed. When they first announced it I thought the same as you. Now after the trailers and that clip I see it's just another Disney Star Wars flick.

Reminder: the stormtroopers at the beginning of A New Hope murder lots of Rebels on that ship.

I was hoping to see a full length movie like that.

I honestly don't think Disney has it in them to let anyone make a Star Wars movie that is in anyway original. My dream Star Wars movie is one about Stormtroopers fighting Hutt criminals or something. Show that it's not just black and white, but the Empire actually does bring some stability to the galaxy. Instead all we're gonna get is more cartoonist evil mustache twirling villains who get beaten by the rebels in the end.

Don't get me started on that "Resistance" shit in TFA. How is the Republic still rebelling against the Empire? They won. God TFA was a fucking disappointment.

>"there won't be any Jedi around to help our heroes"
>there's a force sensitive Kung fu warrior who mows down stormtroopers with a staff though

Fuck.
This.
Flick.

I'm not really an EU fag, but I always thought Stormtroopers were kind of the elite of the Imperial Army. Not like special forces or anything, but still better than the average soldier that you don't really ever see in the movies. I could be wrong, and I do hope some autist corrects me.

one word: jews

Isn't this the same director who made "Godzilla the misunderstood refugee?

you are wrong.

>trendy, non-Williams soundtrack that can't be discerned from any other mid-range Sci-fi movie
>quirky bunch of diverse heroes, all with overlapping character traits like "he is smart" and "she is brave and smart" and "they argue and are smart and brave tho"
>woman will have all the answers to everything, will embarrass all males who out-rank her.
>quips

yeah can't wait

>My dream Star Wars movie is one about Stormtroopers fighting Hutt criminals or something. Show that it's not just black and white, but the Empire actually does bring some stability to the galaxy.
That's actually a great idea user instead of just showing the Empire is 100% ruthless.

>there are people on reddit who are loving this clip and calling the droid's line at the end so funny
Why did I even bother checking out what people over there thought of this?

I'd say, from the trailers, it looks more like an infiltration movie than a war movie. The battle aspect feels like a back-drop which makes sense since we've seen nearly every major (not dead) character in Empire clothing.

It's like Oceans 12 except Don Cheadle is now an animated droid and Julia Robers is a rabbit. Seems watchable.

Sorry I don't like movies designed for preteens and their parents

this so much. I was excited when I heard it was supposed to be a gritty war movie. now its a 110lb woman literally standing in front of a group of trained soldiers who all seem to miss shooting her while she kills them all with a fair amount of ease and since shes a strong independant woman, she doesnt even need her male ally to help shoot them. great stuff.

i fuckin hate disney, it wasn't worth new star wars movies being made

>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_Army_trooper
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Stormtrooper
Apparently I wasn't that wrong.

Remember too that scene in A New Hope when Han Solo thinks he is amazing and starts chasing one of the stormtroopers who is running away from him, only to turn around the corner and there is a group of troopers and then Han shits himself and starts running away himself?

youtube.com/watch?v=raF9wfPxir8

Sorry I couldn't find the 1977 version as this version adds in an entire stormtrooper dock unit.

What kind of shill are you?

I'm not. Fuck I'm not saying buy a ticket...I'm just saying it looks watchable. Fucking download a rip for all I care I don't give a shit.

okay but has anybody actually test screened it yet via joblo or somebody? i'm on the fence whether i should buy a discounted ticket or nah because nobody has seen it yet it seems. usually that's bad news. if it's an average sw flick like attack of the clones that's fine but if it's actually worse than that i can't justify paying to see it.
"you almost hit me."
"you're welcome"

"this is a rebellion. i rebel"
lines like this remind me of the suicide squad clips and we all kbow how that turd churned out

Ye i know man. they basically stole the same scene and threw in magic meme armor

and i know that storm troopers throughout the whole series have been notoriously bad at shooting, but still. When the promise is grit, and I get a powerpuff instead, its even more disappointing

Don't support the disney fags man. Steal it, rip it, don't watch it. they'll make enough shekels from 13-y.o. birthday parties

Stop shilling this garbage.
Sup Forums isn't in the target audience.
try in Sup Forums, the right board for capeshit flicks

sage

this shit is suicide squad tier

why go to plebit, I'm sure you can get the same cultured commentary from the youtube comments.

Wtf I hate Trump now.

I don't give a shit about the SJW-ness of the director after Trump won. I don't care about the (white) female lead or the intentionally diverse group of sidekicks standing before her.

What I DO care about is that the one film where Disney can get all experimental and gritty, and THIS is the quip shit we get. Whether it's the MCU, Disney Animated, or Star Wars, it's the same fucking tone throughout. WHY??? Disney's literally printing money at this point. They of any studio can afford to try something new.

Random Thought: But Disney would never make a film like "Blade Runner".

>But Disney would never make a film like "Blade Runner".
I'd love to watch a film about the Sith like that

Redbox sometime next year for sure.

>Disney's literally printing money at this point. They of any studio can afford to try something new.

I want to see that qt robot in action

Let's all REBEL against white male supremacists on December 16!!!

Let's crash the evil empire of Drumpf!

>good guys win
>strong womyn
>running in the middle of an open field with giant war vehicles shooting at you
>bad guys can't aim forever in this universe
who cares

I still don't understand why the working class didn't come out to vote for Clinton.

I'm not an idiot, so I am not looking forward to it.

SHE LOST TO DONALD TRUMP

MY FUCKING SIDES

HAHHAHA

vader will not have any action scenes. if there was an action scene, you bet you would have seen a clip of it in the trailers. or at least it would have leaked by now.

will be an awful movie with misleading marketing. sjw trash, feminist and multicultural men vs trump supporters. *yawn*

>yfw the Empire wins

well we know they succeed at stealing the prints, but I don't remember if it's said if the crew actually survived

Imagine typing this out.

You'd think the crew that stole the Death Star plans would be mentioned or brought up in ESB or ROTJ.

They aren't because they're all ded.

Remember that Leia received the plans via transmission at the beginning of A New Hope?
>Several transmissions were beamed to this ship by rebel spies
youtube.com/watch?v=y-7rXTB5H_o

They are either dead. Or better yet, captured and turned into The Knights of Ren.
Ren stated that the group existed before he fell to the dark side.

>Don't get me started on that "Resistance" shit in TFA. How is the Republic still rebelling against the Empire? They won. God TFA was a fucking disappointment.

This. This is what really made hard for me to not hate this Episode IV remake.
The New Order are rebels to the new de facto government, why are they the "resistance"? They aren't resisting against anything, if anything they are protecting it.

>captured and turned into The Knights of Ren.

Is the asshole shilling this stupid meme the same asshole that came up with that Jar Jar is a sith meme?

They killed the Emperor, not destroy the entire Empire. There are plenty of Moffs that would have seized power and kept the Empire going even if the First Order wouldn't have arisen.

I was just joking about the Knights of Ren, but my main point about the Rouges dying still stands. They probably infiltrated whatever base they needed to and died sending the transmission out to Leia's ship as the place exploded or whatever. I'll bet that in the movie everyone dies except for the main chick, and she's at the main console while the entire base is crashing around her, she finds her inner peace and fingers that necklace her mom gave her before she hits the transmit button. Then a shot of the entire base as it explodes. Then a shot of Vader's ship heading towards Leia's ship to intercept.

I know you were joking, but I saw that KOR video and I want to know if that same asshole started the Jar Jar is a sith meme

Oh, then we'll get at least two Boba Fett movies and a Vader: Jedi Hunter movie that takes place in between III and IV.

I don't know, I watched that video two nights ago with one that said that Rey was the granddaughter of Palpatine because their fighting styles looked the same (they both did forward thrusts) and Mace Windu was Snoke, who was also the father of Finn.

I thought the guy who started Jar Jar was a Sith Lord was some douche on Reddit.

>They killed the Emperor, not destroy the entire Empire
The Republic is still the main power as opposed to the Empire. Calling them the Resistance is just lazy storytelling to make them look like plucky rebels again, and not a galactic government that could bring entire fleets of ships to bare against the First Order and wipe it out.

I get what you mean. At least it should have been the Republic against the remnants of the Empire like in the books.

By the way if you read the books the only ones worth reading are Rouge Squadron and MAYBE the Hand of Thrawn.

I tried listening to an audiobook of the first Thrawn book. Couldn't get into it at all.

That's why I said maybe. The Rouge Squadron series is pretty good. It's only about the X-Wing battles, no Jedi faggotry. In fact some of the battles in the book are featured in the old N64 game, Rouge Squadron.

>The Rogue One rebels are seduced to the dark side and become the Knights of Ren
This would be amazing but Disney doesn't have the guts
youtube.com/watch?v=Y4QOpYMsFXQ

Same way they don't have the guts to turn Rey evil.

Will the real good guys win this time?

What did he mean by this?

Seeing as how one of the movie leads spoiled the death of another lead live in front of thousands, this theory ain't happening and it's fucking shit to even begin with.

>this theory ain't happening and it's fucking shit to even begin with.
No it is actually a great idea but yes I agree this is not happening.

Cuckney would never allow it

>that pic
>Reality v.s. Millennials

subversive kike trash

Wish I could emulate that shit.

You literally need an N64 to play it.

First and foremost, I fucking love Star Wars but they're getting a bit preachy on the forced multiculturalism and liberal narratives.

The creators of the new one even tried to draw parallels between the new movie and the current political climate of the US. About how it's the progressive, female-led, liberal rebels vs a conservative Empire led by white men.

If they get a bit too transparent on the liberal narrative, it's gonna suck.

And really, we don't need the full burger king kids club of diversity in every scene, gay and interracial romance just because, and a narrative that's very obviously minorities/women/goofy white slapstick comic relief vs evil old white men.

I suspect it will be good (but I've loved pretty much anything star wars ever made) but the liberal narrative will be even more forced than it was in the last movie and if they can't bury their propaganda to be a bit more subtle, it's eventually going to make the movies blow.

>SJW Wars

No thank you

>Multicultural band of good goys lead by a woman
>Evil band of fascists lead by a white man

What did disney mean with this

it's on GoG.com, no drm so you can torrent the installer

that was the worst thing ive ever seen

>Good guys
>Strong independent female
>Black guy
>Hispanic guy
>Asian guy
>Alien
>Big black robot

VS

>EVIL WHITE VILLAINS

LEL. They even gave the fucker a white outfit to emphasize the connection they're trying to make between evil and white people.

It's 2016 user

looks like shit

You're totally right current year man. I forgot that all white people are evil racist oppressors.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but even A New Hope was just evil white guys. Hell the only evil black guy was Vader and even he turned out to be an old white guy. I'm down with more diversity on the Empire side, George kinda started that with Jango Fett, but it's really passion vs. power...which is why the rebels win. They want it more.

If you think about it, diversity in Star Wars has always been in the robots. You got your gay robot, your midget robot, your robot bounty hunter, etc.

Just like all those black, tan and white storm troopers.

When I heard the early details about what Rogue One would be, I was excited. We finally get to see the Empire kicking ass again like in ESB, the desperate rebels in constant fear they'll be found out and fucked. Then we get this Suicide Squad tier horseshit about a plucky band of multicultural criminals coming together to beat the Empire. Sure, in the last 5 minutes the Empire will kill them all, but it won't be the same.

>stormtroopers posing absolutely no threat
>missing easy shots straight ahead
>a girl with a stick taking out multiple armored soldiers at once
>dat flaccid imitation John Williams score
>topped off with a fucking quip

Holy fuck. I actually wanted to see this and now I could not care less. It's literally a checklist of Disney bullshit.

>you will never see a Blade-Runner style film set on Coruscant with music by Vangelis

Why even fucking live

>white

You said it, not me.

>Black and tan outfits

White people inside. And the only visible human villains are all white people.

Disney isn't even being subtle about this.