youtu.be/oI-M0beOwbY
youtu.be/mStNOUpGcw4
youtu.be/GHig--znEQQ
youtu.be/3kMTYmWc8_g
youtube.com/watch?v=nlOKOAUX65w
youtube.com/watch?v=sjaksWVdld8
youtube.com/watch?v=78Gu8jD6yec
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's actually their best. Only soyboy nu-male cucks hate it.

After them came cold play, muse, and thom and the radioheads.
Then after them came the arctic monkeys, franz ferdinand, bloc party, Kasabian, The Libertines.

Then after that i think british music in general just died.
Like what have they produced, adele and one dierction?
Grime lol?
Fuck off. Man the brits really have dropped the ball

british electronic music has also been stagnating since the 2010's

grime basically became ironic trap

America really took over electronic music whether it was mainstream big house bro step or trap garbage or like underground weird shit like vaporwave or witchhouse, etc.

Oh i think king kruel is probably the most interesting thing they have produced in ages.

>Such was the anticipation and build-up to the release of Oasis’s third album, its release was a full-scale event. The music within seemed oh-so aware of its own importance. The opening track, ‘D’You Know What I Mean?’ begins with the sound of a helicopter and lasts for eight minutes. It’s like the opening scene of an action movie. It must have been a ‘90s thing.

>But back to ‘Be Here Now’, critics were given preview copies on cassettes that they had to sign for – at the time, this was maximum security for new music. Having been caught out by the success of ‘(What’s The Story) Morning Glory?’, many raved about ‘Be Here Now’. There was a collective will for them to deliver a masterpiece, a collective delusion that the album was better than it really was. The normally tight-fisted Q magazine awarded it a very rare five stars. Others wished they didn’t like it so much. “Halfway through the epic ablutions of ‘All Around The World’, you realise that every single hair on your arms and neck is standing erect,” wrote NME’s reviewer. “And you think, defiantly, but very, very quietly, “Bugger”.”

>Yet over time, peoples’ perceptions of the album began to change. It began to be seen as a rock folly, a coke-fuelled monument to ‘90s excess. There was mass backtracking. It was the emperor’s new clothes, and we were all blind to the reality. Even the most hardened fan would struggle to put ‘Be Here Now’ before B-sides compilation ‘The Masterplan’ in their mental list of the best Oasis albums.

It ruined everything

only anglos are stupid enough to believe this lol

Germany has been dominating the techno scene for the last decades, pioneered minimal house, probably has the best clubs in the world

Eastern Europe has a great underground electronic scene and even better festival scene

America was the shit when techno and house were first getting popular. Britain was the shit when jungle hit the scene. Now they're both complete ass.

Americas most popular Djs are Skrillex and Diplo. Murrican popular music is fucked in the head.

Neither Vaporwave nor Witchhouse are exclusively American

i still like magic pie

Ogaysis is soyboy core

All the good guitar music in the UK comes from the northeast now, which means it never gets the marketing to take off properly because of anti-north prejudice

There's been a solid new wave / prog-pop scene there since around 2004, it's more of an 80s throwback than the classic rock/heavier sound of 90s groups like Oasis but it's a damn sight better than 00s landfill indie

youtu.be/-JV3dPrR0PY
youtu.be/KESiOVOufm4
youtu.be/oI-M0beOwbY
youtu.be/mStNOUpGcw4
youtu.be/GHig--znEQQ
youtu.be/3kMTYmWc8_g

Reminder that if they had just made a studio album out of "The Masterplan" rock music would still be relevant

fascinating new info. thank you

germany is a fucking non country no one cares about.

List of countries based on musical superiority

1. america
2. britan
3.japan
9999999. germany

You know what i would like to see a british folk punk scene. Something to counteract the american andrew jackson jihad johny hobo american folk punk.

The brits also need to get in on the whole blackgaze hipster metal shit

How?

>Brits should play genres of music that are proven to be awful
But why

>i have an opinion that must mean everyone thinks like me

>Krautrock meant nothing

clearly you plebians don't understand the artistic magnitude of five guitar tracks playing at once with a coke fuelled harmonic that doesn't even work

Hi, I’m the album that saved rock music and I came out the same year

Oasis are low test whiney acoustic pop crap.

There isn't the interest. People are still really happy with shit music, and the rest are too poor to pick up an instrument. Pubs & clubs that used to host music are closing down so there isn't really such a thing as a local scene any more. Then you've got vast online catalogues of music to listen to that keep people indoors

Sorry but we aren't getting anything fresh for a long time. The 2000s feel like the fucking dark ages, we're just poor, depressed and overloaded with information

>inb4 Muh Grime tho

you dont need money to make folk punk.
You just need an acoustic and to dress like a hobo.
Its music made for being poor as shit and performing in front of other hobos and drug addicts

youtube.com/watch?v=nlOKOAUX65w

youtube.com/watch?v=sjaksWVdld8

youtube.com/watch?v=78Gu8jD6yec

>I’ve only heard wonderwall

You need money to live bro, good acoustic guitars cost money. With how cost of living has inflated, there is very little left to spend. The UK is in a really shit state, I'd wager as poor as Spain or anywhere similar. And I guarantee anywhere that's poor is not gonna give a shit about hobo music

They're literally a one hit wonder

Never heard of any of these bands, will check them out

>Maximo Park
Come on they are the definition of landfill indie

>1. america
>3.japan
>9999999. germany
all wrong

Only in the US. Outside they were pretty big. Hell, What's The Story (Morning Glory) is the fifth best selling album in the UK to this day and has sold over 20 million copies worldwide.

Name another British rock band that had 8 number one singles

But best songs are I Hope I Think I Know and Don't Go Away

They're not even one hit wonders here. Champagne Supernova was just as big as Wonderwall and Live Forever was huge on rock stations before that too.

Have you ever listened to music made before 1990 you fucking nit.
Also only random fucking weebs on Sup Forums would rate japan that highly.

Wrong.

The retrospective reviews are pretty funny

>All of which is to say that this reissue of Be Here Now presents a nice opportunity to reappraise the songs on a record that’s only remembered for the notoriety surrounding it, from the fights in the recording studio to the level of cocaine use that made Tony Montana look moderate in his intake. The drugs weren’t the defining factor in what made the album so half-baked; it was more to do with the fact that, once you’re at the top, the only way is down and you lose all sense of perspective. It’s one thing leaving Noel Gallagher, unheard of and on the dole, to his own devices in a bedsit with a guitar and not much else. It’s another entirely to let him get on with writing songs at Mick Jagger’s villa in Mustique, money coming out of his ears, Kate Moss and Johnny Depp for company and the eyes of the world trained on him.

>He maintains that he only broke out of a months-long, non-productive malaise by forcing himself into a disciplined writing routine that involved locking himself in a room and only coming out at mealtimes, but the key word there is probably ‘force’, because the lazy nature of some of these tracks paint him as a restless schoolkid as he sat in that makeshift studio, gazing longingly for the playground and ready to sprint out of the door the second the bell went. Whatever your opinion of him, there was an endearing honesty and genuine buoyancy to what he wrote on Definitely Maybe; “we didn’t have a pot to piss in, but it was fucking great,” he once said of “Live Forever”. By the time he came to write for Be Here Now, he was no longer an everyman and his attempts to recapture the universal appeal of old fell flat, the “whoa, everybody, come together now, come on, Richard Ashcroft, people, yeah” message behind the likes of “D’You Know What I Mean?”, “All Around the World” and “It’s Getting Better (Man!!)” now sounding awfully hollow.

It's funny seeing all these middle class white NME reading folks who listened to Shut Up for the first time last week, and now act like Grime is this new musical revolution, when it's been a thing since before The Strokes dropped Is This It?