Who the fuck invented barre chord? That man was a fucking genius

Who the fuck invented barre chord? That man was a fucking genius.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3rgCos0zjLU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Shut the fuck up

it was steven barre and yes his perfect hands were an inspiration to many

A faggot, they're impossible to play

I just hire a guy to move a capo up and down the fretboard for me if I'm playing songs that need barre chords

>assuming it was a guy

you have to practice more

I just headbutt the fretboard while fretting an E major and hope for the best

Ol' Barre

You know who was an even bigger genius? The person who figured out you can cheat bar chords in various ways or just play spread voiced triads.

legit question why the fuck are guitars not tuned in perfect fifths

Women have invented literally nothing in like 5000 years of recorded history

Default guitar tuning is specifically designed to facilitate playing open chords AND be able to go up and down scales without having to stretch one's hand too much on any one string. You can try tuning yours in fifths and maybe you'll even come up with some original and otherwise unplayable music that way, but for general purpose guitaring EADGBE is still the best we've got.

Like this?
youtube.com/watch?v=3rgCos0zjLU

It's perfectly playable if you have decent sized hands, it gets even easier if you hold the root note with your thumb

Agriculture

>not using your thumb to play the third in the bass
Fucking rock/metal meme kids.

Who invented open chord?

i have babby fingers and hands and even i can do barre chords. i used to think they were impossible and i have trouble with them from time to time but it is what it is

>not muting the A string in a G chord

>they're impossible to play
guitarlet confirmed

gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8

Em is wrong, should be middle and ring finger

It should be ring and pinky so the index finger is free to be used for barré when you move it up or down the neck.
You get a pass if you're playing only open chords or if you want to play an Em7-like chord later on.

for some people it's easier to switch the the g chord when playing e minor with your first and second finger, myself included.

I've been ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''playing'''''''''''''''''''''''''' guitar for 6 years and these are still basically the only chords I can play, alongside A and A minor. Even then my transitions sound like shit

Learning guitar is a meme, either your hands are retarded or they're not

you haven't put enough time in/worked hard enough

You're not talented, time to move on.
>he thinks you have to follow the rules and play open chords a certain way with certain fingers
LMAO, the d maj shape is retarded I've rarely played it like that, and if I do I swap the index & middle finger

Professional Art of Sandwich Making