Now when i came in thid board from the very first time, Green Day was the most hated band in this fucking site...

Now when i came in thid board from the very first time, Green Day was the most hated band in this fucking site, now looks like the most hated band here is U2
Does Sup Forums has this case of bipolarity very often or is by the U2 new album?

Both

Go back to elementary school, buddy.

we never liked either artist...

A lot of Sup Forums will rightly praise U2's earlier work though

I never said i liked them i'm only questioning why Sup Forums is the most bipolar board in Sup Forums

its not bipolar is what im saying. u see ppl shiitting on green day one dsay and u2 anther. its not a huge difference

Sup Forums has hated both for a long time. What's bipolar about that? I think you need to learn English m8.

>bipolar is an english word

he still needs to look it up though

>we
I'd like someone else's opinion, please.

I 2nd it

I was 11 when American Idiot came out, and like anyone who was an uncool nerd on the cusp of puberty at the time I pretty much HAD to like that album if I didn't want to face complete social ostracization. And in fairness I guess I did. But when I hear those songs now... I don't know. It's difficult to reconcile the nostalgia they invoke with how obviously cheesy and overproduced they are. But for what it is, I suppose it's well-written. Probably competing for the best of that whole style/era of theatrical radio rock with MCR's Welcome to the Black Parade, but I think the latter aged a little better

Dookie is the only other album of their's I have, and unfortunately I think The Offspring's Smash did THAT better. So they're second best at everything. The only time I hear any of their songs nowadays is if I get lazy and just put an altrock playlist on shuffle. If something from Dookie comes up I generally won't skip it. If it's from AI, I probably will.

I hate Good Riddance on principle. The only songs of their's I've heard since 2004 are 21 Guns (seriously NO-ONE bought that album, it's amazing how quickly they became uncool) and something off one of those triple albums they did that sounded like a discount Franz Ferdinand.

And that's all my opinions on Green Day.

>MCR's Welcome to the Black Parade
> The Offspring's Smash did THAT better

son, i am disappoint the consequences

The offspring had a solid 6 album streak up til splinter but even then had decent songs scattered on the albums

Just because U2 is being shat on right now doesn't mean Green Day is suddenly good.

the offspring of the 90s is easily the best of the skate punk/pop punk

do you guys smell soy in here?

when you walked in, yeah

>the offspring
>soy

The people who hated Greenday are in their 30s now, the people nostalgic for them are ~23. U2 is their dads' fave band so they hate them. Not hard to use your brain.

DONT WANNA BE AN AMERICAN IDIOT

Early Green Day still fucking rules. U2 was never good.

do go on

>there's people who unironically prefer green day to u2
the curse of the manchild

>U2 was never good
Boy would like to have a word.

is the word 'soy'?

its like soy
soy everywhere

Band stinks. Jumped on the political bandwagon back in the Bush Jr era then fumbled when Obama was elected

>Sings anti-war songs yet war is now cool under Obama...what do I do?

show me one soyboy who listens to ignition and smash

You

do people care enough about green day and u2 to actually hate on them lmao

>Boy
>War
>The Unforgettable Fire
>The Joshua Tree
>Achtung Baby
>Zooropa
>the live version of Pop

>he still needs to look it up though
One of the most soyboy comments I've ever seen.

both are bad