This is so much better than P4k's actual AOTY list

This is so much better than P4k's actual AOTY list.

What happened?

this is the year of the virtue signalling.

Except all of 11-20 is better than all of 1-10

Most of those are probably straight white man who play guitar so there's your answer

Give link, OP

Pandering, they make multiple lists for different demographics to maximize readership and this list happens to pander to you.

>Most of those are probably straight white man

not even close

You're stuck up your own ass about what type of music you are allowed to like while still looking cool

Pitchfork drones: what happened :c pitchfork is usually good :c i didnt see this coming :c

im glad they don't only do retrospective top lists just so we can laugh at how irrelevant and retarded pitchforks taste is 10 years from now

ITT: rockism

I love how people like you regurgitate that meaningless buzzword any time someone shows an affinity for bands that put more than one good song on an album.

kys

give link?

I'm reading some of these year end lists over, and it seems that despite streaming numbers, hip-hop is pretty much still kept at arms length.
All these lists just have Kendrick Lamar and all the rappers who made the lists previous years. I wish I could get to the point where I could say "the Lil Uzi Vert album is overrated," but it's not even getting the attention it should be. Like, within rap I think it's overrated but then I see mainstream publications ignore it and I'm like well shit.
Don't let redditbros redirect the conversation by saying things have gone too far. The basic means of approaching popular music are as narrow as they've ever been.

NO BRAND NEW

SHOCKED!

shut the fuck up

>rock music was so shit this year it was given a separate pity list

lol

>all these buzzbands
pfff

Except they forgot ty segall’s s/t

Its almost like Kendrick Lamar is a rapper and Lil Uzi is not

define "rapper"

>its almost like rap is bad
ftfy

Not even gonna bother checking the list, but why do publications bother making these lists now? There's still an entire month left in the year
At least it's not as bad as the Grammys, where apparently 2017 lasts from the beginning October 2016 to the end of September 2017

I remember also being a pretentious shit head at your age

>no alvvays
list ruined

Because not many bands release this late in the year. Even if they are a 'fuck xmas it is a scam' kind of band they know the release will just vanish.

They're doing lists for different genres like they did last year.

>you have to like rap or else you're pretentious and a faggot

>posts his dumb fucking negative opinion on the internet like anyone could care

I know it's tough to come to grips with but yeah, you're pretentious bud

almost like most rap is terrible

user, everyone here does the same, post opinions. That's like, the fucking point of this site.

>rap is good and that's an objective fact i know it because pitchfork told me so

Why would you bother posting a negative opinion in a thread you have zero stake in? I'm not a big fan of KPOP or metal but I don't go waving my dick around letting everyone know how smart I am for not enjoying something. You just end up looking like a complete asshole

oh shit! you said the word pitchfork! sure got me good!

>i have no refutation so i'm just going to yell "buzzword!!!"

>You just end up looking like a complete asshole.
This isn't a hug box like reddit. You can't go into any thread about a topic you like and expect everybody to agree with you like a Greek chorus. Accept that or go back.

>it's 2018 and he still unironically likes rap

The more p4k mirrors the top 40, the more it makes sense to cut out the middleman and just read the Billboard charts yourself.

imagine getting this upset because someone said rap sucks

that's fine if you disagree with people or hate shit, but if you show up in a thread and just say, "all hip hop sucks and you're a retard if you like it," you're not adding to the conversation, you're just being an autistic piece of shit

>People like you
First off, you don't know who that person is, they're just remarking that this thread is filled with people who don't consider any hip-hop albums to be in the top 20 albums

>More than one good song on an album
Pic related is not rock and roll and every song is a banger. Try more pop and hip-hop, kid ;^-)

>m-muh bangers... i.. i luv me sum l-lit bangers....

>Drink more fluoride goy so you can be a smart, white man like me!